R/C Tech LIVE @ the 2004 ROAR Paved On-Road Nationals in Portland, Oregon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R/C Tech LIVE @ the 2004 ROAR Paved On-Road Nationals in Portland, Oregon

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

I just got finished with my first day on the track and my Xray is working great at the end of the day. I must say that I have raced a lot of parking lot races and this one is the best. Even with the bumps and off camber stuff. The track has a lot of character and is very challenging. If weather doesnt mess things up it should be an excellent race. The guys that I noticed going fast are Hara, Kinwald, Hohwart, Swanson, Cartwright, Lemiuex and there are more. Those are just the ones I noticed when I took little breaks in between wrenching to check out the competition.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

A BIG THANK YOU for all the supports from the racers here and the people that unfortunately can't make it.

We as a club have tried VERY VERY hard to make this event a joyous occasion for every racers and spectators. It takes quite a lot and many 12 hours day, going to bed at 4 o'clock nights to run this.

Right off the bat, we knew we are not a permanent facility with very limited amount of club members. We knew that is something we can't even compare ourselves with. For this event to take place in the Pacific NW helps out the entire r/c racing scene here in Region 11. And yes, we are a parking lot club, our track might not "look" the best but racing is racing. And for racers that have started at their local track and are now factory drivers, also for the old timers.... parking lot might be the roots of their racing. And I believe ROAR awarded us this race because they would also like to see a Nationals done at a region that has never hosted one.... besides your usual permanent facilities.

Again, I and the club thank you for all the support and patient (especially!).

Dom
Old 07-14-2004, 09:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Dom.. you guys deserve praise.. I for one have put on three on road nats and know how much work it is..

as for the critics.. theyre just jealous they can't race at the Nats.. boo hoo I'm weeping for them.. tough wheel nuts I say.

You guys are doing a fantastic job.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Hodapp
I just got finished with my first day on the track and my Xray is working great at the end of the day. I must say that I have raced a lot of parking lot races and this one is the best. Even with the bumps and off camber stuff. The track has a lot of character and is very challenging. If weather doesnt mess things up it should be an excellent race. The guys that I noticed going fast are Hara, Kinwald, Hohwart, Swanson, Cartwright, Lemiuex and there are more. Those are just the ones I noticed when I took little breaks in between wrenching to check out the competition.
I was the flight bro???I had to hook up a fellow X-Ray driver!

John G.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:22 PM
Tech Regular

John G - That was awesome. Thanks again! That was the first time I flew first class and it was great. You da man!
Old 07-14-2004, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

No problem...Good luck and see ya at the Hesperia track when you guys get back.

Peace..
John G.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

John G. you got mail about your question you e-mailed me about.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Back at ya...thanks
Old 07-14-2004, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Eastons body

Originally posted by The Black Kat
Hey,

Could I make a requst to anyone at the nats?

Can someone snap a pic of Billy Easton's car w/ the body on? I've been wondering if hes still running his "clear windoed Associated RTR" scheme or not since hes running a Yoke now.
I saw his new bodies and they look like a pavidis type but much, much better. I'll take some pics if I have time.

I would also like to say that ROSE City is doing a superb job. And to think that they are a primarily gas club. These guys are taking there vactation to work around the clock to put on a great race and I thank them for it . I still cant believe It takes me 10 minutes to drive to the ROAR NATS.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Eastons body

Originally posted by tomdav
I saw his new bodies and they look like a pavidis type but much, much better. I'll take some pics if I have time.

I would also like to say that ROSE City is doing a superb job. And to think that they are a primarily gas club. These guys are taking there vactation to work around the clock to put on a great race and I thank them for it . I still cant believe It takes me 10 minutes to drive to the ROAR NATS.
Sweet....Thanks
Old 07-14-2004, 11:03 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yeah Rose City is doing a very nice job of hosting this event. I also like the Hotel. It was renovated in 2003, so it is much more plush than a regular Holiday Inn.

I do have a suggestion for the racers tho:

If you're gonna remove a name tag from a reserved pit space so that you can sit with your friends, please re-stick that name tag on a different table so the other person can find a place to sit.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by futureal
In non-race news, to those who were asking I fixed the R/C Tech home page so it no longer is displaying a bunch of errors. Something crashed last night and when it came back up the script was dead. I also fixed the problems people were having with certain browsers on that page (although there are still many others all over the site that I haven't had a chance to fix).

Controlled practice is underway right now. I still haven't even mounted a body for my car, too much to do. Dunno if I'll hit the track at all! haha
what room are you in

i am in 125 give me a call.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by madjack
I think it was Baker who said it best..."I race toy cars for bowling trophies"
This is actually one of the dumbest statements a paid factory driver can make. While funny at the time, you'll only hear Barry say that when he's not in contention for more than a trophy. As many of the Factory guys do this for a living saying anything like that is rather stupid. Why would a full time paid driver say that...only one reason. He's not winning. Ask Barry when the big check is being cashed if it was only for a bowling trophy.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Sorcerer001
It's a "National" event, not a "World" event, so why expect a "World Class" permanent track. The surface is fine. The cosmetics are fine. Don't forget the origin of touring car racing...
There's nothing wrong with wanting a track to be presentable to the public. It is a nationals and in this country the current highest form of racing. While I like that the track is set up in an area other than 20 miles from town, it's time to start having somebody (not necessarily the track) actually put the race in a high traffic area to attract some attention.

Racing is fine and dandy an dmost racers are happy to race anywhere, so wh not let them race where it can show off the sport and get more people into it?

This isn't a knock at the local track. It sounds like they are putting on a great effort. And they deserve credit for that!
Old 07-14-2004, 11:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by DerekB
Ask Barry when the big check is being cashed if it was only for a bowling trophy.
Pal, You don't get money for winning races from ROAR or anybody. All those race fees go strait toward keeping ROAR & IFMAR a-float

Barry does recive a salary (nothing real high, but enough to make a living I have to assume) because he works for Team Associated as a tester & a driver. Plus I'm pretty sure he has a say in what does on in their product design

R/C Racers don't win money. They have to earn it like a regular working man, except they get to do what they (and I hope I can say we) would love to do for a job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.