Wiki Posts
Search

racing 1/8

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default racing 1/8

Im new to 1/8 scale and was wondering do u need a pit crew to race?
Old 01-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dustinb
If your running nitro than yes you need a helper to help fill up your tank on pit stops, but if you cant find one most people at the track our willing to help fellow racers out
Old 01-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dustinb
No, it helps to have a buddy that goes with you but there's always someone at the track willing to help out a newbie. Just ask around, be friendly, offer to pit for them. It's a great way to meet people and start sharing info like setups, etc. For the majority, rc racers are usually very helpful. Best of luck!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

U just need a pit guy to help u out with when on the driver stand and during racing.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
No, it helps to have a buddy that goes with you but there's always someone at the track willing to help out a newbie. Just ask around, be friendly, offer to pit for them. It's a great way to meet people and start sharing info like setups, etc. For the majority, rc racers are usually very helpful. Best of luck!
yes,,,just a pit guy...i did pit 3 guys in 1 night 2 running the same race...gets crazy fun....
Old 01-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

YES a pit man is a MUST. But most guys at the track will love to pit for ya. Make sure you learn to, because most likely you will be ask to pit for someone too.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The thing I love about nitro racing is meeting new people, and it is always the "I need a pit man" that offers the way in. When I was younger racing electric the fast guys would never mingle with the slow guys, cause the stink of slow was to rub off on them or something. but with Nitro the fast guys gotta be social and helpful, or your without a pit man for your main.

So no, you don't need a pit crew. In fact you are probably better off showing up to the races alone.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnny t
The thing I love about nitro racing is meeting new people, and it is always the "I need a pit man" that offers the way in. When I was younger racing electric the fast guys would never mingle with the slow guys, cause the stink of slow was to rub off on them or something. but with Nitro the fast guys gotta be social and helpful, or your without a pit man for your main.

So no, you don't need a pit crew. In fact you are probably better off showing up to the races alone.
And you can mess with the fast guys too......Yeah you think ur soooo fast ....then you get down off the drivers stand and turn your own buggy back over!!!!! yeah yeah quit yelling im getting to it!
Old 01-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Pit man yes, Pit crew NO.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I gotta say for ME that having a pit guy you can count on beforehand is nice. Showing up at the races and hoping to find one is a risk you take.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

It is better if you have a pit guy that knows your car and your driving style, that way if any problems arise he or she will know how you would like them to be handled. I have had to ask people to pit for me in the past and that also works just makes communication a little difficult when you are on the drivers stand. With my normal pit guy he knows my engine needs tweaked as soon as I do most of the time.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

when I frist started racing nitro I had no clue no pit guy
and it had been 20 years since my last rc race. had this guy
Frank L come up and ask if I could pit for him. and I said only if you show me how LOL and you pit for me. that was 2 years back him and Doogie are
now my best rc buddys. so just go do it you will find alot of new buddys
Old 01-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bacchus
I gotta say for ME that having a pit guy you can count on beforehand is nice. Showing up at the races and hoping to find one is a risk you take.
Why risk?

I have never been to a track a found anyone that could not get a pit guy.... Always plenty of guys that would LOVE to help out. Plus you really cant find a pit man until heats are posted.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

That's why I bring the girlfriend to the races with me. She makes a great pit gal