Wiki Posts
Search

Our first run on backyard track

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Our first run on backyard track

Here's a short video of the first run on our backyard track. What do you guys think? It's about 85x85 so we tried to use all we could of it, and ended up with what looks like will be around low 30 second laptimes. The video quality is pretty bad, but that's how my iphone looks after I send it to youtube for some reason.

We actually built the first layout 2 years ago, but last year we never got a chance to rebuild, so it got pretty stale. This layout seem like it's going to be much more fun to run. the narrow lanes are going to make it hard to pass on, but that should just make us better for when we go to larger tracks.

We're in southeast Ohio, so if anyone wants to come run some just send me a PM. We have an ambrc system, track stand and pitlane. All we need are a few more racers, who want to race, but don't want to spend 12 hours at the track to run for 20 minutes. We like to run our cars, more then we do waiting 2 hours on the next 5 minute qualifier to start.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by bevofrancis; 05-05-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Awesome job. This is sweet!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Man, that is so so cool! and one of the jump is way way sick man. I wish I can have my own backyard track too! Would love to join you guys but that would be 14 hours flight for me Enjoy guys!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Awesome!!! I wish I had a track in my backyard
Old 05-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default WOW!!

awesome Job bevofrancis !
That looks great, especially that wicked jump in the center! car gets crazy air right there lol. thats a 1/10 scale buggy?
im so jealous of all these backyard tracks. i will never have enough property to do that and then if i ever did, guarantee whomever i was with (girlfriend, wife, family, i dunno) would never let me do that lol

How do people get away with digging up the back yard without grief from loved ones??
Old 05-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nathenyoung
How do people get away with digging up the back yard without grief from loved ones??
How do people get away with digging up the back yard + making noise without neighbors filing complaints?
Old 05-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rsickles
How do people get away with digging up the back yard + making noise without neighbors filing complaints?
He lives in the middle of nowhere, and the few neighbors he has either loned him tools, or stops and checks out the cars.

I should add that this isn't my track. I helped with very little of the building and loaned some equipment for it, but the large majority of work was done by 2 friends.

This really isn't even his backyard. It's his front yard so anyone that pulls up his driveway gets a look at it, in all it's glory.

Last edited by bevofrancis; 05-05-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

What's the approx size of the track?
Old 05-05-2012, 06:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Frank L
What's the approx size of the track?
It's about 85x85 or so. Not the biggest track around by any means, but we seemed to pack alot into that little area.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nathenyoung
awesome Job bevofrancis !
That looks great, especially that wicked jump in the center! car gets crazy air right there lol. thats a 1/10 scale buggy?
im so jealous of all these backyard tracks. i will never have enough property to do that and then if i ever did, guarantee whomever i was with (girlfriend, wife, family, i dunno) would never let me do that lol

It's an 1/8th scale Rc8B.

And as far as someone never letting you tear up your yard. It's just a yard. Grass will grow back and you can always just flatten it back out. I've always thought that if my wife loves me, and there's something I enjoy doing, why would she prevent me from doing it, as long as it's not something bad for our family. I though live in a small town so i can't build a track in my backyard, but he lives in the middle of nowhere, and his women loves the outdoors, rail buggys, and things like that. I'm sure though if I was somewhere where I could build one on our land, my wife would have no problem at all with it.

Maybe that's a question to ask a new girlfriend. If we ever end up moving in together, would you let me tear the hell out of our front yard to build an RC track? No, then get out!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 07:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Sweet. looks like loads of fun right at home!
Old 05-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by bevofrancis

Maybe that's a question to ask a new girlfriend. If we ever end up moving in together, would you let me tear the hell out of our front yard to build an RC track? No, then get out!!!!!!!!

Could agree more were gonna have to mow that yard anyways
And I can't view that video can you put a you tube website link of it cause I'm on my iPhone thanks
Old 05-05-2012, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Crd2007
Could agree more were gonna have to mow that yard anyways
And I can't view that video can you put a you tube website link of it cause I'm on my iPhone thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK2rd...layer_embedded
Old 05-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Looks good did you just bring dirt in or kill the grass first also what was you rails from
Old 05-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Crd2007
Looks good did you just bring dirt in or kill the grass first also what was you rails from

He just took a skidsteer and knocked the topsoil off and through it to the side, and used the clay underneath for the track. The yard actually was raised up several feet going toward the road, so he leveled it out,a nd that's where the clay for the jumps came from. The rails are just drain pipe we had ordered from the local hardware.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.