Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

did somebody say hot wings and beer?
Old 10-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cam stop scaring the kids, and go back to work. Man we don't need to see that!!! LOL!!!!

BTW you suck for bailing on the Chilli race

Have fun racing with your good nitro friends though and use them body saver disc things so you don't give away another race
Old 10-11-2007, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Team Caster?

Regarding the team... I have some inside scoop that I can't share just yet... let me just say that they've done VERY well recruiting. I happen to know one of those "National Level" drivers, I believe he's going to be the team manager... this guy can drive for ANYONE, and has driven for several manufacturers. If he's choosing to drive this car, I'm all in. Got one on the way... should have it by the 1st of November. bye-bye MBX5 Prospec, hello ZX-1R!

I got to see the car in action at the Texas Nitro Invitational... I didn't get to drive it because the car had a little "incident" with the starting gate in the main... score = steel starting gate 1, car 0. However, I can tell you from experience that a hit like that would have broken a lot more than a lower arm on my MBX5. (I trashed a top plate that way, and bent the center CVA in the front.) This car is TOUGH! There isn't a car made that will survive coming over a pretty big double and lawn-darting into a steel structure at probably 30 mph, and this one fared better than most.

Also, watching it in action... it's really smooth in the rough sections, and jumps a lot flatter than my MBX5. It will also do something that the MBX5 won't... it TURNS!!! It might be a little "looser" in the rear, but that might just be the driver's preference on setup too. It's also lighter... better acceleration and more nimble in general.

I looked the car over very carefully Saturday night... quality is every bit as good as the Mugen, and better than the Kyosho. Obvously I can't tell you about the diffs yet, or how the shocks wear, but I'm impressed so far.

Now, I'm a beginning driver, so I suggest that you check them out for yourself... but I can tell you it's built MUCH better than my old OFNA 9.5 (my first car) and looks every bit as good as the Mugen. Very well thought-out car, certainly an upper-echelon product from a quality standpoint.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by camshaft
We also would like to congratulate Mike Battaile for signing on with us as our USA national team manager. Mikes name speaks for itself, he will do us proud and we look forward to a great 2008 season.
You're not talking about Battaile again? Cam posted this on the first page the other day. And yes, Caster has been doing a good job on the recruiting. If not Battaile it will be interesting to hear.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Default I guess I need to take reading lessons...

Originally Posted by air8
You're not talking about Battaile again? Cam posted this on the first page the other day. And yes, Caster has been doing a good job on the recruiting. If not Battaile it will be interesting to hear.
Ooops... yeah, I missed that. Yes, I mean Battaile. He works at our local shop, and he's doing a good job of pushing the car. BTW for those who don't know him, Mike's a very friendly, helpful guy. We had a long chat at the Nitro Invitationals (along with a "few" beers) after Saturday qualifying and I'm convinced. Ed Garcia also does a good job of promoting the product, and he's also a good guy.

I've got a car on order... Mike will be running his this weekend, so we can see it in action some more, and possibly drive it. He's encouraging some of our locals to jump on this car, and hopefully Jake (owner of Johnny Cool Guy) will carry them and parts on a regular basis...
Old 10-14-2007, 08:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cam, give me a call later bro.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

k
Old 10-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default casterracing

hey all:mike battiale with caster racing should realy help out the presence in the usa.What engines are most caster racing drivers using?Thanks for the info
Old 10-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by b-man777
hey all:mike battiale with caster racing should realy help out the presence in the usa.What engines are most caster racing drivers using?Thanks for the info
Hmmm... I know Mike Battaile is running a Werks B7 Pro, and I have one in my MBX5 (and it's going in my Caster, and yes, Mike is one of the folks that talked me into getting it... him and Hunter Kinsey's dad...) I know Ed Garcia WAS running a Werks B3Pro... he had some kind of backup engine in his car at Austin... I don't remember what it was though. I'm THINKING Sirio, MAYBE Chrono, but not sure. I don't know about the guys overseas.

I don't think you can go wrong with Werks. Mike swears by them, and he gets 8+ gallons out of them... and trust me, he is NOT gentle with engines! I've got 2 gallons through mine and it's just getting broke in good... I'm still having to periodically lean it to keep the temps up in the 200+ range, it is getting faster and faster. It doesn't SOUND as nasty as, say, an RB WS7 II... but it's got plenty of giddyup, with a smoother powerband than the RB. It doesn't have that crazy "2nd gear" when it comes on the pipe like the RB does... a much smoother transition, easier to drive.

NOTE: I'm running a low end pipe (JP2) and a 6mm restrictor... the motor is JUST NOW getting so I can lean it enough to get a 7 minute tank. It has smoother bottom end than either the RB C3 or OS RG that I ran previously... both of those are sitting in my box as backups, they're both getting a little weak, not much pinch left. I know Mike Battaile runs a 6.5mm restrictor in his, forgot what pipe but I think it is more of a top-end pipe.

Last edited by DOMIT; 10-14-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Cam, call me with that body info, today is the last day to order and get it in time.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Great to see Caster gathering speed in the US
Ive been runing the car from its troubled beginnings and now with the ZX-1R am very pleased with it.
Will be upgrading to the new Factory team kit shortly and hope to have a awesome 2008 season with it.

Hey Dom pm me when you online bud

Cam good luck with the new venture
Old 10-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by razzor
Great to see Caster gathering speed in the US
Ive been runing the car from its troubled beginnings and now with the ZX-1R am very pleased with it.
Will be upgrading to the new Factory team kit shortly and hope to have a awesome 2008 season with it.

Hey Dom pm me when you online bud

Cam good luck with the new venture
pm sent...
Old 10-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Domit , sorry bud !
I should have said Mindcrime
Old 10-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

Cam you have a PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just ordered my car today, I am really looking forward to running it. I am not as fast as Cam, but maybe now that I run his car I can be as cool

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.