Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Yes, all the new 2.4", 60mm, 61mm wheels and tires are interchangeable just like the 2.2" stuff is. I think its just each separate company naming them slightly different. ProLine went with the american 2.4" where as JC/AE went with the metric. JC didnt include any decimal and AE rounded up. (2.4" equals 60.96mm)
This reminds me, I have been meaning to ask. Does anybody run the Proline Velocity 2.2" wheels on your B5Ms? They look so different (more Tamiya-esque) than the rest, I am not sure if I like them or not. I don't think they do anything different other than protecting the wheel nuts? I think they are the same offset and width. I was thinking of giving them a try just to have something different.

Thanks for any feedback!
Old 04-21-2015, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

I've been reading some old posts in this thread and it seems like people don't like the 2.4" setup.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JeepnMike
This reminds me, I have been meaning to ask. Does anybody run the Proline Velocity 2.2" wheels on your B5Ms? They look so different (more Tamiya-esque) than the rest, I am not sure if I like them or not. I don't think they do anything different other than protecting the wheel nuts? I think they are the same offset and width. I was thinking of giving them a try just to have something different.

Thanks for any feedback!
My buddy runs PL rims. They simply "style" the dish different to in case/protect the wheel nut. Everything else is the same. We could get into the use of different webbing and plastics used but 99.9% of people wouldn't be able to tell the difference in a blind back to back wheel test between brands.

Buy based on looks like most of us do
Old 04-21-2015, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rossb
I've been reading some old posts in this thread and it seems like people don't like the 2.4" setup.
It's all track dependent. I bought into the "big rim rage" as it was the latest and greatest. On our med grip fairly bumpy indoor track, I fought handling issues ever since. Unless things change greatly, I'll be going back to the standard 2.2 next fall.

(Outdoor nitro season here, Braaap braaaap)
Old 04-21-2015, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
My buddy runs PL rims. They simply "style" the dish different to in case/protect the wheel nut. Everything else is the same. We could get into the use of different webbing and plastics used but 99.9% of people wouldn't be able to tell the difference in a blind back to back wheel test between brands.

Buy based on looks like most of us do
Thank you for the response - I think I am going to give them a shot. I will post some photos when my car is done hopefully in a couple of weeks.

I know someone inquired about the 2.4" wheels, and I definitely came to the conclusion after researching a bit more than someone should for something like this, that 2.4" is not the right way to go based on feedback here from folks that have run them. I took that a step further and asked an AE / Proline driver for his thoughts and he said to definitely stick with the 2.2" as well.

I am no expert here, but that is just my findings from folks I trust here and from an industry friend. It didn't seem worth the $70 or so for wheels and tires just to give them a try.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

The only thing my car doesnt have that the lite does is the aluminum front axles...and my car is amazing.
I'm in the same boat except my chassis were milled by a machinist and not AE. I run pucks in most of my cars so I also do not have the HD rear axles. I guess I like my pre "Lite" cars well enough. When mine actually gets here maybe I'll just use the chassis and save myself the build time.....oops, can't do that. I wanted to run the car box stock like my T5M. These days I'm more interested in seeing if I've been wasting several hundred bucks on upgrades per car. Wouldn't it be a hoot if my lap times were identical between an out of the box Lite and a high dollar upgraded roller?
Old 04-21-2015, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
I'm in the same boat except my chassis were milled by a machinist and not AE. I run pucks in most of my cars so I also do not have the HD rear axles. I guess I like my pre "Lite" cars well enough. When mine actually gets here maybe I'll just use the chassis and save myself the build time.....oops, can't do that. I wanted to run the car box stock like my T5M. These days I'm more interested in seeing if I've been wasting several hundred bucks on upgrades per car. Wouldn't it be a hoot if my lap times were identical between an out of the box Lite and a high dollar upgraded roller?
Keep us posted with your results.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

You will benefit from 2.4in/60/61mm rims if the grip level is high enough. (And the rubber stays together) In cases such as sugared/sealed/moist indoor clay/astroturf/carpet tracks. If you are blowing the track more than once every 10 heats then chances are you may not benefit and the 2.2" option would be a safer bet.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

The only thing my car doesnt have that the lite does is the aluminum front axles...and my car is amazing.
I've actually been thinking about this comment all day. It hurt my feelings, and still does, because as long as I'm driving any of my cars there will nothing amazing about them other than the fact that I usually manage to qualify for the A mains. Its a bold statement indeed!
Old 04-21-2015, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
I've actually been thinking about this comment all day. It hurt my feelings, and still does, because as long as I'm driving any of my cars there will nothing amazing about them other than the fact that I usually manage to qualify for the A mains. Its a bold statement indeed!
I should say that it is amazing to me .
Old 04-21-2015, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JeepnMike
I know someone inquired about the 2.4" wheels, and I definitely came to the conclusion after researching a bit more than someone should for something like this, that 2.4" is not the right way to go based on feedback here from folks that have run them. I took that a step further and asked an AE / Proline driver for his thoughts and he said to definitely stick with the 2.2" as well.

I am no expert here, but that is just my findings from folks I trust here and from an industry friend. It didn't seem worth the $70 or so for wheels and tires just to give them a try.
70$? I just bought another set of these 2.4 wheels with Prime slicks and it comes out to be 45$

They do help to protect the wheel nut.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Going out on a limb here. Newbie. Just built the b5m looking to install electronics. I have Turnigy Trackstar 120a Turbo ESC and a Spektrum SR 300. Just looking for some ideas on how to fit this ESC in. Just curious if anybody else has this ESC in their B5M. Thanks
Old 04-21-2015, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Picked up a brand new lite today and its missing the front axles and top shaft.....good job AE
Old 04-21-2015, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Does anyone have pics of the HD axle vs the old axle?
Old 04-21-2015, 06:15 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NWracer77
Picked up a brand new lite today and its missing the front axles and top shaft.....good job AE
Reach out to AE, they'll want a copy of your receipt, but they will promptly get them sent out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.