Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long Island Raceway.......Farmingdale, NY

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yeah sorry bout that. i searched and saw this one first, then saw the other one. my bad. i havent been on here in a while.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by lilmegill727
yeah sorry bout that. i searched and saw this one first, then saw the other one. my bad. i havent been on here in a while.
No worries. I just wanted to direct people to the active thread where they will get answers to any questions they may have.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Could i race my Inferno MP777
Old 03-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigsmokeRC
Could i race my Inferno MP777
They only allow electrics, during the warmer months "Summer" they open the doors and turn on the fans and allow nitro but I am unsure of the exact months they do that..

There is however an Off Road Track out East on the Island. It was built last year it was a pretty sweet little track they had plans to make it a little larger. I forget the exit and name of the road but I'll get that info for you later this week, shoot me a PM..

We run our Baja's and other RC's at a place out near Stony Brook Hospital just off Mark Tree Road.. Hit me up maybe we can all get together.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

If there is a track out on the island that would be cool. I think the closest one to us besides that, if its there, is Barnstormers. I have an XT8 Im itchin to run but got no where to go, maybe we can all get together and MAKE a freakin track or something lol. We should get some nitro going when the weather starts to break tho...maybe if we limit the amount of cars on the track it wouldnt be so crowded cuz that track is not well suited for nitro 1/8.

Either way Ive been coming to LIR for the past 2 weeks and the atmosphere is really cool. Ive been running my Tamiya DB01 and learning the ropes still but am learning quick. I would usually bring one of my friends but each time I brought him he would be a pain in my butt so Im not bringing him again. To me if you complain about having to fix something, this hobby isnt for you....what a baby dude. Either way, I also picked up a spankin new trf 511 on sale NIB. I will be running that when I get better with the DB01, I cant afford to mangle a kit of that caliber just yet lol. I know race days are on fridays and sundays but i work on those days, yes on sundays too ...However I do get out early on sundays so what time does racing start on that day? Even tho Ill get my butt handed to me by you guys I gotta get my feet wet at some point and for a guy that has many years in the hobby but limited track experience I think Im a decent driver.

So far Ive driven a friends XXX-CR and it wasnt my cup of tea...no matter what I did I could get that thing to steer, even with added weight and different springs/ shock locations and oils. I hated the B4, but I love my 4wd's. I guess Im more suited to 4wd however I havent tried the RB5 SP. That thing looks dope on the track. If it has the smoothness and forgiving nature of the Losi and the agility of the B4 then that would be my 2wd car. Th g/f is getting me a bday present and Im thinking of requesting that. Any feedback is appreciated. See you guys on saturday if any1 is there, Ill be wearing the TRF shirt.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default newbee s rctech

can i run monster truck?
Old 03-26-2010, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Thumbs up congrats

Saw this on another website. Nice and congrats!!

Kyosho America are reporting on the ROAR Region 1 championship was held at LIR at the beginning of March. The event had a great turnout with Kyosho cars dominating the event. In Mod truck, Andrew Parente was able to TQ putting in 21 laps in round 2. It was the only 21 lap run of the weekend in the truck class. At the tone Parente made a bobble that allowed Rob Betts and James Schlick to get past. The three of them set off on a six minute battle where they ran nose to tail for most of the race. In the end, Rob Betts came home with the wind and the championship! James finished second and Andrew finished third. The three of them crossed the line within 1.2 seconds of each other, giving Team Kyosho 1, 2, 3 win.

Top Five:
1. Rob Betts
2. James Schlick
3. Andrew Parente
4. Vin Nocella
5. Barry Goodman

Mod 4WD was another class that Parente was able to TQ. Andrew fell back early but was able to work his way back up through the field to finish 5th. Rob Betts came home for the wind with a local fast kid named Tom Shields in 2nd. Tom had led a good portion of the race but had a run in with lap traffic on the 2nd to the last lap that cost him the race. Tom was also driving a Lazer ZX5 FS and runs all Kyosho cars. In third place was another local named Steve Plackis. So at the end of the day it was an FS with TQ, 1st and 2nd and a SP in 3rd.

Top Five:
1. Rob Betts
2. Tom Shields
3. Steve Plackis
4. Carl Fuller
5. Andrew Parente

A Kyosho also won and finished 3rd in the 13.5 buggy class and new Ultima SC finishing 2nd and 3rd in the SC class. All in all, it was a fantastic weekend for Andrew, Rob and all Kyosho cars at LIR.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Rookie

I have been to this track once with my rustler and it was a pretty good time.

Unfortunatly I am mainly into nitro now. I have no idea where to bring them though. I Just moved here from tampa and we had a local track that was awesome and free. It was at a local park and it cost 2 bucks to get into the park. Does anyone know of some where I can bring my revo and tmaxx?
Old 03-29-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DrDaywalker
I have been to this track once with my rustler and it was a pretty good time.

Unfortunatly I am mainly into nitro now. I have no idea where to bring them though. I Just moved here from tampa and we had a local track that was awesome and free. It was at a local park and it cost 2 bucks to get into the park. Does anyone know of some where I can bring my revo and tmaxx?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...ark-li-ny.html
Old 05-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey just wondering if this track was still open? Just moved back from Orlando after finishing school and looking for a place to maybe race or bash my 1/12 Hyper mini st converted to brushless.

Thanks
Shawn
Old 05-30-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

still there

909 conklin st
farmingdale

check the racing forum on here for the current thread
Old 11-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by monsterman
They only allow electrics, during the warmer months "Summer" they open the doors and turn on the fans and allow nitro but I am unsure of the exact months they do that..

There is however an Off Road Track out East on the Island. It was built last year it was a pretty sweet little track they had plans to make it a little larger. I forget the exit and name of the road but I'll get that info for you later this week, shoot me a PM..

We run our Baja's and other RC's at a place out near Stony Brook Hospital just off Mark Tree Road.. Hit me up maybe we can all get together.

Where off Mark Tree Road do you run? Is it North of Route 347?
Old 03-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hey guys hope all is well... I am coming in next weekend for the Regional Race. I just have a couple questions..... How long has the Regional layout been down so far? Is their anyway possible someone could snap a pic and either post it or send it to me please..... thanks
Old 03-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

what time will betts open up shop friday? Ill be their
Old 06-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Is this place still open?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.