Search

Unofficial Santa Maria,Ca track thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Unofficial Santa Maria,Ca track thread

I went out today and snaped some pics of the new track built in Santa Maria,CA

Easy access off the 101 at 166 freeways.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Looks good guys! I'll be visiting it in the near future. Race days/times? Power? Air or water?
Old 04-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Looks good guys! I'll be visiting it in the near future. Race days/times? Power? Air or water?

No clue thats why its the Unofficial thread.

HA HA Rezen I got on you about pic size and I did the same thing. Too Funny
Old 04-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Well I do see water in the pics. looks good so far
Old 04-20-2008, 06:04 PM

well as you can see in the pictures there is water, when I was there they had a few extension chords laying around with power, and it looked like they might have been getting a more permanent power setup going but I am not sure.

The track is a lot of fun but dont expect much out of the dirt, the dirt is by far the worst dirt I have ever seen on a track but that dosnt hardly mattery because it was still a lot of fun and the layout was really good so it didnt matter, just be prepared for it to get rutted out, and if you are driving a truggy you definietly have the advantage of soaking up the bumps better than a buggy.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Tech Addict

the dirt isnt that bad..i was out there ripping it with my buggy and hangin with the truggy's no probs.

track just opened up, they will however be getting new dirt here in the near future.

not too sure if you guys even remember how Santa barbara looked over a year ago, i think it looked worst than what the SM track looks now.

Me and a couple of other people are willing to help this track out considering how close it is to us out here.

The more people we get to attend, the more Big Boys and Toys will put into the track. this coming saturday is a race i believe, they will have a timing system and everything else.

I say in a couple of months we will be dialed to have the option of going to Bakersfield, SM, or SB..and hopefully Sun Valley kicks back in it, then we will be dialed for sure!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

Jesse when you going to the SM track again? Hit Jake up today but he didnt answer back. Want to rip
Old 04-20-2008, 10:10 PM

Yea the dirt wasnt to bad just dont expect to much out of it, I think I actualy like that the track got blown out because it added some challenge, and every lap was a bit different depending on where you hit each bump.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Tech Addict

A friend of a friend told me today that there is something in the works for a new track over my way in somis .So that would be Sunvalley? ,Somis,Santa Barbra,Santa maria,Camarillo,and Bakersfield.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rocket XUT
Jesse when you going to the SM track again? Hit Jake up today but he didnt answer back. Want to rip
hell yea i want to rip, but today im sick as shit. i know Jake will be out there today for sure with the other Jake and his brother, the other Jake is getting fast man, i remember racing against him last year, he was pretty fast.

Yea the dirt wasnt to bad just dont expect to much out of it, I think I actualy like that the track got blown out because it added some challenge, and every lap was a bit different depending on where you hit each bump.
Yea i agree Justin.

A friend of a friend told me today that there is something in the works for a new track over my way in somis .So that would be Sunvalley? ,Somis,Santa Barbra,Santa maria,Camarillo,and Bakersfield.
well sun valley has been around for a while now, it just needs a new layout and its on for sure. awesome track and HUGE, bigger than rev but has better dirt and use to have some of the best layouts.

i forgot about hotrods, which is pretty far, about 2 hours from here, but its a killer electric track.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

How many of the guys with cars in Santa Maria already have 'personal transponders'?

...or better yet, how many Don't?
Old 04-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SWTour
How many of the guys with cars in Santa Maria already have 'personal transponders'?

...or better yet, how many Don't?
Everyone that races in Santa Barbara does, and everyone thats posted heres does. I dont know if big boys even has a timing system yet? Im sure at first, there going to need handouts or something.

Maybe the southwest tour can rent there timing system to the track. Joe you going to get a dirt car?
Old 04-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

I've actually talked to Lester a little about using my scoring system, but I don't have any loaner transponders.

I tried to get them bidding on a system on Ebay last week that was complete w/ 10 transponders. (It sold for 2550.00) it would have made them a good system.

I can do this weekends deal, but I have to be out by about 4:30 - 5:00 cause I'm going to the Speedway.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Saw on LMR you bought a mini stock. Racing it this weekend?
Old 04-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

..Oh no, probably not for a couple months at least. (It's for my son) Still rounding up stuff - need a helmet, new belts and a few other things.

Painted the car last week - need to get it numbered up... but he doesn't turn 16 until the middle of June.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.