Wiki Posts
Search

why fuel tanks not larger?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
A little birdie told me some are trying. But none have the guts to mass produce one, because the first co. to make one is going to get hammered by Momo racers blowing them up.

The few truggy conversions out there are getting alot of attention, I know I'll never forget the last one I saw.

And as long as racers are willing to spend $450+ on a $180 2 stroke motor......
why not build 200 of them sell them and if they are a hit make more. id be intrested in buying one.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Pit stops are part of racing. They add an element of strategy to racing. That's part of the excitement in racing nitro for me.

+1 theres no need to mess, around with a good thing i love the pit stop action.

and about the 4 stoke engine, thing as much as i would like to try that i think it would just cost too much and for others also.

the hobby has to grow more so i wouldnt mess with it.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc5 man
+1 theres no need to mess, around with a good thing i love the pit stop action.

and about the 4 stoke engine, thing as much as i would like to try that i think it would just cost too much and for others also.

the hobby has to grow more so i wouldnt mess with it.
save you a lot in gas.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by rcdude236
save you a lot in gas.

yea but it takes the fun out of nitro , its like nascar not pitting during the whole race it wouldnt seem right.

a convertsion kit + a 4 stoke engine thats a lot of money.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

People are allready paying a ton on engines. A 4stroke deosn't cost $400.

I think dropping a couple rocks in the stock tank should even the expected run times to keep things intersting for tracks with shorter mains. But with 30min to 1hr mains it's a non issue. Your not going to get 15min run time, especially when supercharged.

I'm looking to make a kit conversion for Saito engines for the D8t and Mbx6t. but don't hold your breath, my stuff is 1.5+ years away. Mount, Cooling head, header, and a buggy center diff gear and a huge pinion/clutch bell. It alot of dreaming, and ya'll ain't the easiest bunch to please.

But I'm going to probally go bigger than the IFMAR rules allow. .40 seems small to me. .56 sounds better for truggies.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

I think dropping a couple rocks in the stock tank should even the expected run times to keep things intersting for tracks with shorter mains. But with 30min to 1hr mains it's a non issue. Your not going to get 15min run time, especially when supercharged.

I'm looking to make a kit conversion for Saito engines for the D8t and Mbx6t. but don't hold your breath, my stuff is 1.5+ years away. Mount, Cooling head, header, and a buggy center diff gear and a huge pinion/clutch bell. It alot of dreaming, and ya'll ain't the easiest bunch to please.

But I'm going to probally go bigger than the IFMAR rules allow. .40 seems small to me. .56 sounds better for truggies.
dude i think if you ever made anything like that i would love it, also as it works and doesnt break easy id be happy
Old 07-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Man most truggys have issues with hot .28's you are talking about double that. Idk if the drivetrain would hold up to that.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If they aren't going to make 15 minutes, there is no use for them. I can go 14 minutes in my truggy as it is.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Compare the Saito or O.S. .40 and .56 to the equivalent 2-stroke motor. The four-strokes are almost double the cost. Now imagine the Modded Supercharged Euro Handbuilt 4-strokes?

BTW, I try not to spend over $300 on a engine/pipe combo.