Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho TF-6

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Wow, I dont understand why kyosho america wouldn't want to import it. It is a new offering from the company and the tf-5 is definately aging. A poor choice I think if they don't, even if it is a me too design, On a side note, I would like to see them lower their selling prices out of the stratisphere some.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

does anyone know if the chassis will still have the 6 slots for nimhs? or will a "lipo" chassis come out?
Old 05-21-2010, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default TF-6 SP!!!

Hiya folks,

I just heard! TF6 SP is about to be released!

With the following updates:
-updated steering with servo saver
-updated cro-moly turnbuckles
-updated suspension arms(0.2mm shorter for added performance)
-updated axles for use with updated suspension arms

I'm looking forward to it! and SP2 thereafter!

-Alexander
Old 05-27-2010, 10:37 PM
Tech Adept

First pictures from Greece

http://www.rc-world.gr/kyosho-tf6-touring-car-greece
Old 05-28-2010, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

this is the car that TQ'd at ETS over the weekend in the Pro stock class

the car looked really really good on track

Old 05-28-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1

That car is different from the pictures originally posted. Is that the final production version? It looks like they addressed the spur gear change issue by changing the top deck. Why are the wheels being held onto the car with set-up station screws?
Old 05-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

where can you buy this car?
Old 05-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1

yah..whats going on with the top deck at the rear of the car?
Old 05-28-2010, 11:51 AM

@ YR4Dude

The car is just a production car, no protoype bits. The wheels are hold on the car with such nuts since I quickly putted the tires on in order to check my ride height. You can change the spurgear on the car by undoing the topdeck screws, move the topdeck to the side and up a little and take the layshaft out.

@ Hebiki

I only used 6 screws instead of the original 12. This gives much better flex since I think the car is too stiff with standard chassis and topdeck. I used rubber shimms underneath the row of screws aligned with the topdeck to make it flex better.

When you take a closer look you'll also see that I've cutted the topdeck at the font-side of the car, the carbon strip between the bulkheads is gone.. again.. provides more flex!

Shin Adachi and Christopher Krapp will be testing thinner chassis and topdeck at the worlds warm-up this weekend.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

As far as i know it is the production car

he is a helped by Kyosho ( not sure if he is a team driver) here in holland and he has 2 new cars from Kyosho Germany

the wheels were only held on like that for the photo
Old 05-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Welcome aboard Vasco

the words from the mans mouth
Old 05-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Vasco C
@ YR4Dude

The car is just a production car, no protoype bits. The wheels are hold on the car with such nuts since I quickly putted the tires on in order to check my ride height. You can change the spurgear on the car by undoing the topdeck screws, move the topdeck to the side and up a little and take the layshaft out.

@ Hebiki

I only used 6 screws instead of the original 12. This gives much better flex since I think the car is too stiff with standard chassis and topdeck. I used rubber shimms underneath the row of screws aligned with the topdeck to make it flex better.

When you take a closer look you'll also see that I've cutted the topdeck at the font-side of the car, the carbon strip between the bulkheads is gone.. again.. provides more flex!

Shin Adachi and Christopher Krapp will be testing thinner chassis and topdeck at the worlds warm-up this weekend.
Can you post a close-up of your top deck at the layshaft? How many screws must you remove to get to the layshaft? Does the entire top deck need to be removed to get to the layshaft or just a portion of it?
Old 05-28-2010, 12:53 PM

Right now I only have to remove 6 screws to get to the layshaft, since I'm only using 6 out of 12 screws in the topdeck. Just take the topdeck off and you're good to take the layshaft out.

ets.redrc.net/wp-content/gallery/ets-0910-round-5-heemstede-netherlands/fri-vasctf6-3.jpg

The picture from Redrc shows the rear end of my car in detail. Let me know if this is what you're looking for.. ( add h t t p: // to the hyperlink in order to make it work, for some reason I don't have enough postings on rctech to be allowed to put direct url's in my postings )
Old 05-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Lord

Right now I only have to remove 6 screws to get to the layshaft, since I'm only using 6 out of 12 screws in the topdeck. Just take the topdeck off and you're good to take the layshaft out.

ets.redrc.net/wp-content/gallery/ets-0910-round-5-heemstede-netherlands/fri-vasctf6-3.jpg

The picture from Redrc shows the rear end of my car in detail. Let me know if this is what you're looking for.. ( add h t t p: // to the hyperlink in order to make it work, for some reason I don't have enough postings on rctech to be allowed to put direct url's in my postings )
Vasco..thanks for posting. great support from you. too bad this car wont be supported (from what ive been reading on this thread) in the US.

one question.. why no lipo chassis?
Old 05-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Tech Champion

Okay, thats a much better view. The o-rings make the top deck look like its two pieces. Really looking at it much closer, they could have extended the rear bulkhead forward by about another 15mm to allow for the top deck to mount there with the remainder being just two strips of graphite holding down the layshaft. That way when making spur gear changes you wouldn't have to remove the entire top deck. Here's the pic you referred to for everyone else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.