Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2002, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default Bearings.

Anyone having problems with bearings on the FT TC3? My car is only 2 runs old and a couple of the teflon bearings are really gritty? I mean its really hard to move them and they are almost locked. What kind of bearings are you guys all using?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Martin
Old 10-12-2002, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

its good to periodically clean your bearings, just remove the seals and spray out with motor spray and relube with a drop of oil, i like to use trinitys roil oil it is a little thinner than regular oil. then just put the seal back in. your bearings last for more than two weeks unless they took some really hard hits and then you could have cracked a race possibly.
Old 10-12-2002, 05:58 AM
Tech Regular

I don't remember taking real hard hits. Not a single hit or even the slightest tap actually. I don't know why a few of my bearings are practically locked up. Can someone explain? These bearings are quite expensive to replace too, $12 a pair and I need 4 of them.

Last edited by rcpilot; 10-12-2002 at 06:03 AM.
Old 10-12-2002, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

if you want to try cleaning them heres how to do it, use a really sharp exacto knife to pry the little retaining rings out, but make sure to keep a finger on one end of the ring to prevent it from flying out and getting lost now use the knife to lift the seal out from the assembly and just do that to both sides then spray out well with motor spray and relube, then reseal. its easy to do once youve done it a few times.
Old 10-12-2002, 06:35 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the advice Spaz.
Old 10-12-2002, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

np, just let me know if you have any problems.
Old 10-12-2002, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: steering Knuckles

Originally posted by TRL
Tphalen

So would the losi steering knuckles be a better option on carpet with foams?

Thanks
so does anyone have any info on this setup? thanks
Old 10-12-2002, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sorry. Been sorta busy lately!!!!

Ummm, I don't know if you would really NEED the Losi knuckles on carpet with foam!!!! The car should have a GRIP (no pun intended) of steering!!!! If you are running the front diff, you MIGHT try the new knuckles, but I have a carpet setup on my site that uses the one-way and, if you can handle it, it's got TONS-O'-STEERING!!!!! Just have to be a little more careful because it does turn in REALLY hard, but no loss of rear traction!
Old 10-12-2002, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

thanks tony, i have shaun cochran's set up from cleveland thats on associated's site and that thing has tons of steering right now so if i do give em a try ill go to another set up first.
Old 10-12-2002, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

I spent a couple of hours examining and trying to fix my bearings but its a no go. Not worth the time. Anyone know the difference between the AE rubber bearings and teflon bearings? Is the seal the only difference or are the bearings totally different? Are there any other brands of bearings that I should look into? I want to purchase a complete set. The Teflon set from AE is rather expensive at $90.

Thanks,
Martin.
Old 10-12-2002, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Bearings.

Originally posted by rcpilot
Anyone having problems with bearings on the FT TC3? My car is only 2 runs old and a couple of the teflon bearings are really gritty? I mean its really hard to move them and they are almost locked. What kind of bearings are you guys all using?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Martin
At our track we have problems with the carpet fiber winding its way into the bearing through the seals, rubber, metal or teflon. If you don't catch this before they seize...
Old 10-12-2002, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok guys...

Have a question for ya....what type of vehicles would you like to see Team Associated produce????

I just opened a survey on my site so that I can gather a little info...please go there and check it out. I would really like your feedback. And, tell a friend. The more feedback I get, well, I think you get the picture...

AE Survey
Old 10-12-2002, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default Bearings

Its funny how carpet is dirtier and harder on bearings than dirt isnt it? My T3 truck has used the same bearings for 3 years but my TC3 seems to eat wheel bearings when I run it on carpet.

As for bearings excellent replacements are made by Boca as well as Dynamite Red Seals and Blue Star.

www.bocabearings.com (I think)
www.horizonhobby.com
www.teambluestar.com

The Dynamite redseals have a 6 month warrenty and they will replace any bearing within 6 months of purchase.
Old 10-13-2002, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I bought an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner for my bearings and it really helps to get the carpet junk out of the bearings. I did a friend's XXXS bearings for him and he thought that was the most free they had ever been. Ebay has a lot for sale...
Old 10-13-2002, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Sheesh, just finished up reading the 4000 some odd posts, glad I did though. Just purchased a FT and should be receiving it in about two weeks (out in Saudi Arabia right now). Will be a lot better prepared with the assembly now. Been involved with the hobby for about 15 years now and have been a faithfully Losi driver (no stones... ouch! ) with the exception of a 10GT (nice but I could never get as much steering out of it as I wanted). Looking forward to running the car.

Should be returning to the states around the end of February and will try to make a trip up to SoCal at least once a month from AZ. Look forward to meeting everybody. Hopefully I'm not to rusty after 2 years of retirement.

Congratulations on a truely incredible position with AE, always been a dream of mine (and I'm sure most) to get paid to do something you love. Oh, happy belated b-day (its in the thread, lol) and congrats on your engagement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.