Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmoneym
Looking for little more traction coming out of the turn. Currently running 1.6 F/R will going to 1.7 rear help.
More setup information will help. Its easy to take an editable setup sheet and post so we can examine what other conditions that maybe present.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mojo tom
Alloy rear hubs for Low grip ?

I didn't think back when the car was presented that it will be that fast and easy to drive, really happy with the car and for once no need for anything besides springs and maybe turmbuckles. Bought a lot of 2wd and I always had to buy things before running it.
I normally run alloy hubs on high bite. There could be some characteristics of the weight properties that could help in low bite conditions.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

I really like my yz2.

Took about two quals and practice to get used too and setup but man, gotta say its nice. feels fast in corners. Faster then my 22 2.0 and almost as fast as my b5m was. I could easily see it faster then my b5m with track time here soon. Guess it fits my driving style.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:35 PM
Tech Champion

Here's a pic I took during my rebuild tonight. The left side is the Bmax2 dog done and the right side is the YZ dog bone. I added rear droop to my car a while back and have been running the Bmax bones since. I finally got around to taking a pic to show where the pins now sit in the out drive. The YZ is too close to the edge for my liking but some may not care. It's personal preference.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo YZ-2-20150302_213314.jpg  
Old 03-02-2015, 10:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by vr6cj
I really like my yz2.

Took about two quals and practice to get used too and setup but man, gotta say its nice. feels fast in corners. Faster then my 22 2.0 and almost as fast as my b5m was. I could easily see it faster then my b5m with track time here soon. Guess it fits my driving style.
So you're the one Derek was helping the other day :-)
Old 03-03-2015, 02:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WillS
Honestly with the weight of the car as it is, you don't need titanium turnbuckles.

Shock pistons have always been a tuning aid not an upgrade. the car come with 2x1.5, 2x1.6, 2x1.7 with the kit build of 1.6 front and 1.7 rear.

Rear hubs are a tuning aid as well. The flex characteristics change when you run aluminum or plastic. Ask any of the associated guys
My comment was mainly regards to durability. I invested in Ti turnbuckles to not have to worry about a DNF due to broken turnbuckles. And a car in this class should come with Ti turnbuckles.

As far as the rear hubs go, I myself won't run a car with vertical ball stud design with plastic hubs. Just have seen so many DNFs. The plastic B5 hubs have an alum insert that is significantly more stout of a setup, and they are not of the vertical ball stud design. Along with that they use a much larger ball stud and a tie rod end that is more durable also.

On the pistons, a car in this class should come with either machined or much better molded pistons. At least the stock setup pistons should be machined.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Here's a pic I took during my rebuild tonight. The left side is the Bmax2 dog done and the right side is the YZ dog bone. I added rear droop to my car a while back and have been running the Bmax bones since. I finally got around to taking a pic to show where the pins now sit in the out drive. The YZ is too close to the edge for my liking but some may not care. It's personal preference.
I actually never ran the stock bones, and went to the B-Max ones right out of the box. Other than weight, I don't see why they felt they needed to go to a shorter one?

As far as droop, once properly built, this car has a tremendous amount of droop. The most I have seen in a 2wd buggy. And once you get the setup right, the droop will give a major advantage.

This car was one of the most difficult for me to setup, but once I got it close, the car was on the next level. I out qualified the local AE, TLR, and Kyosho hot drivers, all of which are half my age. And I've seen some sell their cars and buy YZs due to my results.

Once dialed in, this car has allot of predictable steering and is increadably stable. I can run a much more aggressive front tire than anyone else, which has my corner speed has higher than anyone else at the track right now.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:24 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

If the Bmax bones work, Why doesn't someone try the pucks for the Bmax then?
Old 03-03-2015, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
There are none. MIP hasn't made pucks for any Yokomo, at least not yet.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:35 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo

There are none. MIP hasn't made pucks for any Yokomo, at least not yet.
http://www.amain.com/mip-pucks-shiny...system/p300922
Old 03-03-2015, 06:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

pff, besides MIP drivers who uses MIP shiny pucks, lol
Old 03-03-2015, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by FLHX1550
I actually never ran the stock bones, and went to the B-Max ones right out of the box. Other than weight, I don't see why they felt they needed to go to a shorter one?

As far as droop, once properly built, this car has a tremendous amount of droop. The most I have seen in a 2wd buggy. And once you get the setup right, the droop will give a major advantage.

This car was one of the most difficult for me to setup, but once I got it close, the car was on the next level. I out qualified the local AE, TLR, and Kyosho hot drivers, all of which are half my age. And I've seen some sell their cars and buy YZs due to my results.

Once dialed in, this car has allot of predictable steering and is increadably stable. I can run a much more aggressive front tire than anyone else, which has my corner speed has higher than anyone else at the track right now.
If you build the car to kit specs it doesn't have enough droop IMO. From day one I mentioned lack of droop. My car came alive once drop was added front and rear. There's a reason why guys want to take my car to the Cactus Classic.....lol
Old 03-03-2015, 07:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Socket
There are a few running the pucks currently and they work just fine.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
So you're the one Derek was helping the other day :-)
yes, and droop did help tons. also some small other things we tried but thanks!
Old 03-03-2015, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by vr6cj
yes, and droop did help tons. also some small other things we tried but thanks!
Glad it helped. Talking to people about droop is like kicking a dead horse. I'll just continue to turn heads and leave them wondering what I'm running.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.