Search

Tracks around Bristol VA/TN

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Tracks around Bristol VA/TN

Hey Guys,

I live 10 miles north of Bristol VA/TN. I have a TRF201 that I would like to possible start to race at some point, 2wd buggy stock class. Anyone know some good tracks in this area?

Thanks
Disjaukifa
Old 08-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

as far as the 1/10 buggy racing it's pretty limited down there. there is a club based out of newport TN called Bear Bones RC they welcome every aspect of the rc community. The club president, Keith (aka bear) has a pretty sweet backyard track and the guys run mod SCT's regularly. Another killer track will awesome people is Harmony Hills in Jonesboro TN it's more for the 1/8 buggys and truggys. And a track just opened a few months ago right outside of knoxville called karns split raceway that maybe what you are looking for, from what I hear.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcscotty
as far as the 1/10 buggy racing it's pretty limited down there. there is a club based out of newport TN called Bear Bones RC they welcome every aspect of the rc community. The club president, Keith (aka bear) has a pretty sweet backyard track and the guys run mod SCT's regularly. Another killer track will awesome people is Harmony Hills in Jonesboro TN it's more for the 1/8 buggys and truggys. And a track just opened a few months ago right outside of knoxville called karns split raceway that maybe what you are looking for, from what I hear.
Thank you for the track information! I will definitely have to look them up and check them out. I don't have a RC yet ready for the track, so it will be a little bit but I should shortly.

Thanks
Disjaukifa
Old 08-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

your welcome, Bear Bones used to have there own website but it's no longer up, you can track them down by going to hobzob (hobbytown's social network) come to think about it, HT Johnson City used to have a outdoor track too! there is also a very nice track outside of Chattanooga TN called battlefield raceway it's actually in georgia, i can't remember the name of the town. there are a few on the other side of TN... thunder raceway (indoor), they have a pretty nice sized 1/10 2wd buggy turn out as well as a large carpet on road and white house hobbies (outdoor)... and last track in your area kind of, is Dixon RC in hazard KY. huge indoor for 1/8 scale and SCT's. Thats all I got dude, I spent some time looking for tracks and trying to go racing for the 3 short years I lived down there in knoxville. If you would like to try dirt late models there are a few of those tracks as well that have some intense competition.

look toward the bottom of the main forum page, East TN and Georgia both have their own discussions.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Tech Rookie

There is now a facebook page dedicated to nothing but organizing and keeping track of others in the RC community of East Tennessee. The page is designed to allow followers/fans to receive notification via facebook when someone organizes a race or outing. Whether you are an experienced veteran, or someone new to RC, please follow the page. Lets say you are going to go to the local softball field to check out a new setup, post it on the Facebook page and maybe others would want to catch up with you there and bash a little. A 15 minute run in the back yard, or a solo outing just to get away would obviously be different and you would want to keep that to yourself. However, plenty of us go to skate parks, or down by the lake, and out behind the local hobby shop, to bash. Maybe you just want to run or compete with others... Here is your chance to organize a nice outing, a race, or even to find out what others are organizing. This page is not completely closed and/or against items for sale. If you have something you would like to share with the local (Kingsport, Bristol, Johnson City area) community, then put it on our page. Check us out by searching facebook for "Tri-Cities RC Bashers"