Wiki Posts
Search

REVO

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default REVO

are they reliable trucks? because i just want a truck thats easy to use and something that i can run in the dirt and the revo looks good for that and also i always had luck with my nitro traxxas products i never had a problems starting them up
Old 04-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

i would say that that there fairly reliable if you reliably maintain them i don't see much breaking when you drive them properly.
Bashin is bashin it only takes one hard hit in the wrong spot to cause problems on ANY truck.

A bone stock revo 3.3 5308 only needs a few things to make it last.

First and foremost the throttle servo needs to go move the steering up to throttle and buy a high torque digital for the steering.
Unless you driving onroad switch to the close ratio gear set.

Possibly get a pull start tho ive yet to have major problems with my ez start just wd40 the OWB every now and then.
Get a few OS Lc4 plugs the trx's seem to like them better and a couple of clutch shoes and springs an it will last for a while.

One thing ive learned the hard way is to make sure theirs a gap between the exhaust header and the pipe and not to put the zip ties on to tight unlike the maxx headers.
The only things that broke that wasn't from bad driving or stupidity ^ on my slayer where the clutch and the throttle servo and the revo is identical to that besides the shorter wheelbase.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ooo ok thanks....sounds like a solid truck
Old 04-16-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It's a really nice truck to play around with. Can be very capable on the track or just bashing too. Only reason I sold mine is because they can't compete with truggies when racing. And since we don't have a monster truck class at my track, the revo had to go.

I agree with infernus1986, and would also recommend getting a set of RPM A-arms if your just going to be bashing with the truck. They're really good. Some racers don't like them because the flex quite a bit. A set of sway bars also makes the truck much less likely to tip over when cornering.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

the rpm true track rear arms are nice because they eliminate the rear toe link so if you land on your rears crooked the toe settings don't get all funny from bent links
rpm in general is great for bashing just convert it over to rpm as you break the stock stuff
Old 04-17-2009, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would say get a LST2, its light years more durable