Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Family Hobbies Track Is Open

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 10:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Family Hobbies Track Is Open

To everyone in the San Diego area the track that was being built behind Family Hobbies will be open this saturday at ten am for practice. Practice is six bucks, hope to see everyone out there. Pit space is limited so get there early, if we run out of pit tables you can park fairly close to the track and be able to pit out of your car or truck.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Forgot to mention that it is offroad electric only for now.
Phone number (619) 448-6847
Old 07-22-2003, 11:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

This track is gonna be nice everyone, be sure to check it out!
Old 07-23-2003, 06:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry everybody but i just heard that the electrical is going to be put in on saturday so the track is going to be closed on saturday. Sorry for the inconvenience? The track should be open maybe wednesday next week.
Old 07-26-2003, 06:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Track Open

The track will be open for practice on monday the 28th shop opens at 10 and normally closes at 7 but were thinking about staying open later on practice days. Practice is six bucks for all day, its electric off-road only. Phone number is 448-6847 spread the word please
Old 07-31-2003, 08:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Have you guys been getting a good turnout?
Old 07-31-2003, 09:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Weve only been getting a few guys a day. Lots of people have checked it out and were interested. Scott is gonna make some flyers to put up, so hopefully it will pick up soon.
Old 07-31-2003, 10:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Flyers definately help, a lot of people read this forum, but still propably less than 5% of RC'ers...
Old 08-01-2003, 09:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Randman
Flyers definately help, a lot of people read this forum, but still propably less than 5% of RC'ers...
Yeah, only one guy showed up at the end of the day today. Im gonna talk to scott and have him put an add in some of the traders, i.e. bargain trader, parts trader... stuff like that. Thats what they did with the carpet track.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think we might change some of the jumps slightly to benefit some of the kids who are new to the sport, i dont want to discourage the future of the hobby.
Old 08-02-2003, 04:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That's not a bad idea. After Hitec today, I plan on being there at least once if not twice a week. See ya out there.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Fast buggy
I think we might change some of the jumps slightly to benefit some of the kids who are new to the sport, i dont want to discourage the future of the hobby.
Just dont make it too easy, Frank redid Ed's layout on the carpet track, and it was just about like running on an oval track, 6 high speed turns, 2 full straights, it sucked, thats when I stopped racing there...
Old 08-03-2003, 09:14 PM
Tech Champion

I ran four packs today. Too damn hot though. I soaked the track down, I'm talking puddles and five minutes later it war bone dry and dusty again. No one could get any traction. I was lighting the tires up all the way down the straight. Still had fun though. Can't wait for Friday nights. I'm going to try and stop by either Tuesday or Thursday if not both and run a few packs. See you guys there.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

I just wanted to mention one thing. When I got there, there were a few kids there with their RTR trucks and their Dads. It was really nice to see kids and their partents having fun like that. I was helping a couple of them out and the Dads seemd very appreciative. I think this track will have a lot of that and I think those of us who are the more "Experienced" ones need to make sure we keep in mind. I was talking to one of them and he was telling me about when he went up to one of our on road races he got kind of a bad vibe from a couple of the guys. Kind of a, "you're a rookie, I don't have time for you" attitude. That's the kind of thing that we need to avoid out there. We need as many of those "rookies" out there as we can get. We were all there before. Some of us more than one time (me for one) Sorry for the rant, just wanted to mention it.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey jon, we did some maintenance on the track today after everyone was gone. We fixed some of the bumps on the straight a way, and we took the bracking and sliding ruts out of the two turns after the straight. We also moved the lip of the jump just before the straight about a foot closer to the landing to make it alot easier to clear. Hope to see you there on tue. or thu.

Hey randy, are you ever gonna show up. You know if you do youre gonna want a b4 again.

Also i tried some bowties when the track was in the stage of drying out after watering and they worked pretty good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.