Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need ppl's opinion on Revo 3.3 or Hpi Hellfire

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Need ppl's opinion on Revo 3.3 or Hpi Hellfire

i came across to these 2 great deals....which truck is better ? any info would help thanks
Old 08-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

it really depends on what your wanting it for, (ie: bashing, racing) if your wanting it for racing go with the revo, if your wanting it for bashing revo or hellfire. the revo will take a little beating
Old 08-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Both are junk! Get a buggy and come out to have some fun at the tracks!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

hahaha, yea i know about them cuz thats what i started with was a revo but its been sitting in the closet for close to a year and i have a losi 8ight 2.0 now!!! a whole lot better!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

Why would you tell him to buy a smallblock MT for racing? Most places MT racing is dead, in favor of Truggy Racing. The HellFire is a truggy and would be more suitable for racing and actually would prolly be an awesome basher too....
Old 08-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm probably just going to do bashing ....
Old 08-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Both are junky..... buy a good truggy like a Losi,Mugen,AE,Jammin,X-Ray,Kyosho, even a Castor....but don't be buying a HPI Hellfire, its a very poor product thats discontinued and obsolete...And a Revo is more hassle then its worth.... Both a revo or Hellfire will be always breaking and needing repairs, and when they are running they won't come close to the better brands I have recommended.......... It amazes me that there are still Hellfires in circulation, these things weren't any good 5 years ago, why on Earth are hobby stores still trying to trick people into buying them today ?
Old 08-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

depending on how good the deal is, last time i looked at tower hobbies, the hell fire was just over 600$ thats allot of money.
there much better RTR's on the market for cheaper.
both have there issues,

Hell Fire, It's heavy out dated, and parts support at the hobby shops, piss poor at best, also if your lucky to find someone else racing one, consider it rare. that means no help if you break a stupid simple part, and dont have a spare.
Revo, well I spent a year as an Repair Tech at a local hobby shop. the Revo has quite a few issues, breaks very easily, common complaint it breaks every time I take it out, and to make it worse, each part failure was something different, didnt matter suspension failure, tranny failure, ALLOT of servo failures, it take 2 to turn the F*&%in wheels.

really to get started in the hobby, you'd be happier with a different vehicle. these 2 have ISSUES
Old 08-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rc_racer1
depending on how good the deal is, last time i looked at tower hobbies, the hell fire was just over 600$ thats allot of money.
there much better RTR's on the market for cheaper.
both have there issues,

Hell Fire, It's heavy out dated, and parts support at the hobby shops, piss poor at best, also if your lucky to find someone else racing one, consider it rare. that means no help if you break a stupid simple part, and dont have a spare.
Revo, well I spent a year as an Repair Tech at a local hobby shop. the Revo has quite a few issues, breaks very easily, common complaint it breaks every time I take it out, and to make it worse, each part failure was something different, didnt matter suspension failure, tranny failure, ALLOT of servo failures, it take 2 to turn the F*&%in wheels.

really to get started in the hobby, you'd be happier with a different vehicle. these 2 have ISSUES
+1 the Hellfire is $579.99 on tower, instead get a CEN TR Arena RTR, much better truck, will need a few cheap upgrades and its almost bulletproof. The motor that comes on it is powerful and you could race it and be pretty competitve, and the price is oustanding: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSWP0&P=0
Old 08-19-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

IMO CEN's are no better then a hellfire or a revo....they are outdated compared to what's out there for the price and imo they aren't even that tough with out throwing significant $$ At them....Losi Mugen AE Xray Jammin Kyosho would all be acceptable bashers and treat you much better in the end over a revo or hellfart.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Integra
IMO CEN's are no better then a hellfire or a revo....they are outdated compared to what's out there for the price and imo they aren't even that tough with out throwing significant $$ At them....Losi Mugen AE Xray Jammin Kyosho would all be acceptable bashers and treat you much better in the end over a revo or hellfart.
i disagree, last season a guy at my track consistantly won with an RTR CEN, only upgraded a few parts, and did it more for bling factor than reliability. His Only DNFs were from clutchbell bearings and motor screws loosening up. And for the Price, i don't think you can beat it.

Truthfully, for someone that just wants to bash, what does it matter if its a little outdated? Can't build any of the cars you mentioned for under $600
Old 08-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by megasaxon

Truthfully, for someone that just wants to bash, what does it matter if its a little outdated? Can't build any of the cars you mentioned for under $600

Actually yes you can.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Maximo
Both are junky..... buy a good truggy like a Losi,Mugen,AE,Jammin,X-Ray,Kyosho, even a Castor....but don't be buying a HPI Hellfire, its a very poor product thats discontinued and obsolete...And a Revo is more hassle then its worth.... Both a revo or Hellfire will be always breaking and needing repairs, and when they are running they won't come close to the better brands I have recommended.......... It amazes me that there are still Hellfires in circulation, these things weren't any good 5 years ago, why on Earth are hobby stores still trying to trick people into buying them today ?
Someone who don't know what they are talking about.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

sorry........but in the end.....they are both turds.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

right now i have a AE Rc10gt2 FT . and i'm loving it !!!!! ok on the hellfire , my co-worker is selling it to me for 150 and the revo 3.3 with a half-gallon with a hyper.21 turbo engine for about 165 . so ya , pretty good prices i just dunno what to do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.