Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree51Likes

Reedy!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by overflow
Hey Rick, I remember seeing something about a bolt on type weight that you were using at one of the races. is this something that was still going to be put out by reedy/ae?

Thanks!
This is still in the works. It is just taking longer than expected.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions??

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The plan is to have the saddle packs out before the ROAR off-road Nationals in August. They should be ROAR approved at their release or just after.
Would you happen to know which 'adapter' I would need to be able to charge/balance these with my current CheckPoint balancer??

Any plans for a HardCase saddle-pack
Old 05-28-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OSherman
Would you happen to know which 'adapter' I would need to be able to charge/balance these with my current CheckPoint balancer??

Any plans for a HardCase saddle-pack
A hard case saddle pack will be released.

An Align adapter will work.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi Rick, what is the reccomend charging amps for the Reedy VMX Concept R-14 1400 mah battey pack?

Thanks!
Old 05-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by overflow
Hi Rick, what is the reccomend charging amps for the Reedy VMX Concept R-14 1400 mah battey pack?

Thanks!
1.4 amps
Old 05-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Mr.Hohwart, id hate to say but i dont know how far back you go with reedy (looks like a long time though) but the reason i ask is that im wondering if you raced the Tc3 at all back in the day? If so, i guess im seeking a little setup help. I dont want to look like im spamming or flood this thread so ill just post the link to the thread instead of having to repeat myself for ya...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=224265

Basically asking for some setup help regarding the tc3 for low-medium(ish) traction ashpalt for my up and coming RCGT car and (more importantly) for a friend who just got a tc3 to start onroad racing for the first time with (well, he used a different tc3 a few months back and despite it being loose like crazy, he still liked it). Help is much appreciated!

note: my tc3 is the factory team edition but has a different chassis as detailed in my sig. My friend's is a regular team kit.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
Mr.Hohwart, id hate to say but i dont know how far back you go with reedy (looks like a long time though) but the reason i ask is that im wondering if you raced the Tc3 at all back in the day? If so, i guess im seeking a little setup help. I dont want to look like im spamming or flood this thread so ill just post the link to the thread instead of having to repeat myself for ya...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=224265

Basically asking for some setup help regarding the tc3 for low-medium(ish) traction ashpalt for my up and coming RCGT car and (more importantly) for a friend who just got a tc3 to start onroad racing for the first time with (well, he used a different tc3 a few months back and despite it being loose like crazy, he still liked it). Help is much appreciated!

note: my tc3 is the factory team edition but has a different chassis as detailed in my sig. My friend's is a regular team kit.
Actually I have only been with AE/Reedy for less than a year and never drove the TC3. I started racing AE touring cars with the TC5 prototype.

Barry Baker would be the guy to ask. I think you could PM him and he could help you out. He was the TC3 expert and winner of many races with it.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Actually I have only been with AE/Reedy for less than a year and never drove the TC3. I started racing AE touring cars with the TC5 prototype.

Barry Baker would be the guy to ask. I think you could PM him and he could help you out. He was the TC3 expert and winner of many races with it.
cool thanks!

one more thing...

i notice FT B4s are on backorder on alot of places. Any reason why? Is something being changed or did the molds break or something? lol (well i guess the molds breaking wouldnt be so funny...)
Old 05-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
cool thanks!

one more thing...

i notice FT B4s are on backorder on alot of places. Any reason why? Is something being changed or did the molds break or something? lol (well i guess the molds breaking wouldnt be so funny...)
I am not privvy to that info, but we are probably just in between shipments.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I am not privvy to that info, but we are probably just in between shipments.
I was gonna ask the same question about the B4FT but he beat me to it. I keep hearing that they are changing the chassis but then I also keep hearing they are just on back order but its just weird how long that has been.

I will just wait and see..
Old 05-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Rick,

Do you know which rotor (12.5, 13.0 or 14.0 mm) the team is using for modified foam on carpet? I recently purchased an X11 4.0 and would like to get the most out of it. A range on the timing used would also be helpful.

Thanks.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

im curious brian are the tekin mods no available or do u prefer lrp over tekin
Old 05-31-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
Rick,

Do you know which rotor (12.5, 13.0 or 14.0 mm) the team is using for modified foam on carpet? I recently purchased an X11 4.0 and would like to get the most out of it. A range on the timing used would also be helpful.

Thanks.
Brian,
We have all been running the 12.5 rotor in the 4.0 for TC on carpet. If you have runtime issues the 13.0 rotor should give you a bit more runtime and punch. We usually leave the timing at the factory setting and just use the esc profiles and gearing to fine tune performance.
Chris
Old 06-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thank you Mr. Mockerman

I ran it with the stock rotor (14.0 mm I believe) and it ran quite well, but I could use a bit more snap corner to corner and a little more top-end. I think the 12.5 mm rotor will give me both of those without having to resort to 8-9 degrees of timing on the motor...my previous experience with larger rotors is that they are smoother and can carry a taller gear, with a bit more natural drag braking. I tried timing it there today, and it was definitely quick, but it got a bit too hot for my liking (180 deg).
Old 06-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Rookie

You're welcome Brian.

I agree with all of that and I think you will be very happy with the 12.5 rotor. As you said below, make sure you gear down a few teeth with the smaller rotor too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.