Old 04-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

and the table

i use this

nice, sturdy and is actually aluminium (with wooden prints) so pretty light
Old 04-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

lifetime chair and tabel
if your a big guy and want a comfey chair look up xl living they have some really nice stuff
10x10 ez up brand tent it might cost you 200 bucks but it will last you
Old 04-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

10x10 EZ-Up Brand hands down... I used mine every weekend last year and took it camping several times... It has survived through two pretty crazy storms while camping without a hitch and still looks like new... I personally recommend the tan one vs the other colors because it is a little brighter inside during the evening. When it is very windy I use ratchet tie downs (same kind you would tie stuff down in a truck with)

Good Luck!
Old 04-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just about everyone at our track uses the FirstUp one from Wallymart. I have seen 2 bent up by the wind so just be sure to use all the tie downs. A group of us usually strap 6 together to make a nice 20x30ft area. I've also used mine on fishing and camping trips over the last couple years, no complaints here.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks for all the help guys. Very good info.

Canopy Summary:

Must haves:
- straight legs
- 10x10 size
- Tan or light color
- Stack it down

The chair I have is the best I have found for the fold-up outdoor style Gander Mountain Mojo - I have room to grow - it is 400lb capactiy. It is more like a regular chair - sits more upright and you can move to the edge to work on your cars. And most important it fits my fat ass.

I have seen some guys with the lifetime plastic molded chairs lately at the track, they look nice - I am going to pick a set up for next indoor season.

I am searching for a 6' plastic molded folding table that folding in half. I have found 5' units at walmart but not 6'. I run 3 classes and need all the table space I can get, but a straingt 6' is just a couple inches to long for my truck.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RMKinWI
details_box_holder"] .

I am searching for a 6' plastic molded folding table that folding in half. I have found 5' units at walmart but not 6'. I run 3 classes and need all the table space I can get, but a straingt 6' is just a couple inches to long for my truck.
I got my 6 ft. folding table at Target for like $49 I think it was.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Matt,

I know Targets in Madison sell a banquet table it is a 6 footer that folds down to a 3x3 Thats what I have and it works great. I would go with the EZ-Up brand too. Im not sure who sells em in Madison, but the one I use is great.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Costco has some pretty nice plastic tables that fold in the middle so they fit in the trunk of a car or SUV easily. They also have some really comfortable folding chairs that have some curvature to accommodate ones butt quite nicely. And of course, they are from costco so they are reasonably prices and the quality is 10x better than walmart. For sure go e-Z up with the tent. You will save money in the long run buying a $200+ tent than 3 cheapies in a year...
Old 04-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RMKinWI
After 4 years of racing every weekend without a pit EZ Up Tent I am going to buy one. I have always worked off the tailgate of my truck (which has a topper), so I am also on the look out for a pit table.

Which tents are you guys using? Do you like it? Why? Has it lasted? What size? Where did you get it? Can you put it up by yourself? Please post links if you have them.

Thanks
The Cheapest true 10x10 you can find.. Every one of them I have ever seen is lucky to get 2 years, and I've seen $50 ones and $200 ones bent ripped and thrown away after the first use. So keep it cheap, so you're not out a bunch when it fails, and it will fail eventually..
Old 04-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

The most important thing as far as making it last is never ever let it blow away. If its gusty take it down, it won't be worth it and it will probably fly straight into someones pimped out truck, they will be looking for you......strap it down really good.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

The costco 10x10 with the sidewalls. Just check the bolts every so often. Those sidewalls really come in handy for wind or direct sun. Just stake it down no matter how calm it is when you set it up.