Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 05:43 AM
Tech Regular

You want a sponsorship? You want a sponsorship? You want a sponsorship?

Everyone gets a sponsorship!

It seems like half the people at my local track have a sponsorship and get nothing in return other than maybe a reduced rate or personalized product support. It is more like an exclusivity agreement. You agree to use their product exclusively and they give you fancy colored stickers in a neat font.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-t20wr.jpg  
Old 10-24-2015, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The only issue I ever had with a stock slipper is that over time the pads would glaze up but wait even the fancy slippers glaze up also.

The only option items I bought for my Lite are AL shock caps and stand offs and X rings, springs and shock oil.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrandonBreh
How many "Factory sponsered drivers" are there these days? It doesn't have the same meaning it once did. You can find a sponsered driver at every club race these days. Nothing special there.
Depends on the manufacturer. Kyosho has 40 or so sponsored guys in total. AE probably has more than that in SOCAL. Jason Schneider (hope I spelled his name right) did a blog on 50% drivers and posed the question "are they were hurting the sport?". There are not a lot of fully sponsored guys around. I know a few and its crazy. All they have to do is order whatever they want. Their contracts get reviewed every year and thy get cut if they don't pull their weight. I think the sponsorships that most people get these days are really not much more than discounts. There are 3 typical levels 25, 50, & 70%....and that's off retail which in some cases is not really that much. Who pays retail for anything?
Old 10-24-2015, 09:17 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
Depends on the manufacturer. Kyosho has 40 or so sponsored guys in total. AE probably has more than that in SOCAL. Jason Schneider (hope I spelled his name right) did a blog on 50% drivers and posed the question "are they were hurting the sport?". There are not a lot of fully sponsored guys around. I know a few and its crazy. All they have to do is order whatever they want. Their contracts get reviewed every year and thy get cut if they don't pull their weight. I think the sponsorships that most people get these days are really not much more than discounts. There are 3 typical levels 25, 50, & 70%....and that's off retail which in some cases is not really that much. Who pays retail for anything?
My favorite are the 100% drivers that still race novice/rookie class on a points series level, and still can't podium. Nope, doesn't cheapen your crap brand at all.

These brands are at a point where they're forced to sponsor people, as it's the only and best way to have someone run your car at one of the larger tracks.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrandonBreh
How many "Factory sponsered drivers" are there these days? It doesn't have the same meaning it once did. You can find a sponsered driver at every club race these days. Nothing special there.

The associated slippers aren't trash. Whoever is tellling you this hasn't paid attention to his fellow sponsered drivers who are taking the hardware home while using these slippers. They are pretty proven.
Lol, funny stuff right there! Yeah find a 100% sponsored racer who has been for 15+ years and lemme know! Good luck in that search! Dude knows his stuff! He says its junk and I'm gonna listen to him before you. Call me crazy but it is what it is... If it was such an awesome design then why do they always have to upgrade it then and why do Schelle and Avid sell so many units then? Huh? Crickets? Yeah...

You look behind those sponsored guys gear covers to make sure they run off the shelf factory slippers??? Yeah I doubt it...

Cool story bruh!
Old 10-24-2015, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh my God. Whatever. Dumbest internet argument EVER.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

FWIW, I just asked my friend, who is a 15+ year fully sponsored AE driver and he said it's not junk nor does it need to be replaced to be competitive. So, like buttered bread strapped to the back of a cat, this argument will never land and will continue to spin forever. Maybe just maybe we should form our own opinions based on empirical evidence and experience.

Wayne
Old 10-24-2015, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Back to racing parts...how wide should the proline 2.2 front wheels? I just got a set and they look like 4wd front rims, the schumacher low profile staggers will never sit right on these rims.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by thecman26
Lol, funny stuff right there! Yeah find a 100% sponsored racer who has been for 15+ years and lemme know! Good luck in that search! Dude knows his stuff! He says its junk and I'm gonna listen to him before you. Call me crazy but it is what it is... If it was such an awesome design then why do they always have to upgrade it then and why do Schelle and Avid sell so many units then? Huh? Crickets? Yeah...

You look behind those sponsored guys gear covers to make sure they run off the shelf factory slippers??? Yeah I doubt it...

Cool story bruh!
It's clear that another slipper works for you, and that's awesome. I'm not going to discredit the guy who you are saying has been racing for 15 years, he probably throws down faster laps than me. It just sounds like you're using a schelle or avid slipper because someone told you too.

(BTW, no need to look at pro's setups or whats behind their gear covers because the good ones get posted on AEs website )
Old 10-24-2015, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Do any of you replace your hub inserts? If so, how often? Mine are starting to get quite a bit of slop in them.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26

Cool story bruh!

Uhm, i imagine they make hop ups for same reason every company does..... to sell product.

That being said the OE slipper is perfectly fine. Like anything it will wear over time and require pad replacement. I have driven others cars with the so called upgraded slippers and their is no vast difference. If younhave a clue how to set up ajd use your slipper their os no need to change.

I get a laugh at the "a full factory driver said" comments.. then they never mention the individual. Usually makes me believe the comment is b.s.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I don't want to argue about who said what and when but all the chassis sponsored guys I know say that they have to run the OE stuff. Only the privateer types can run the aftermarket stuff. I know Joe Pillars, the Kyosho team manager, is very strict about his guys using OE stuff. Anywho, the slipper that comes with the B5M Lite is more than adequate, especially for stock racing. I think people feel that if they get the "best" of everything that its going to make them faster. Subconsciously, I probably fall into that category myself. I don't practice enough and don't have enough natural ability to ever really be fast but I've accepted it. The guys that are always talking about how you gotta try this setup or that new part are B main heroes. Case and point, George Cherry.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Tech Champion

Guys, run whatever slipper suits your fancy, and express your opinion.

But stop bickering over it. Past time to move on.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

with all the lightweight drivetrain parts now available and the power i'm seeing from today's 17.5's, there is no reason not to run a slipper. We're on high traction carpet and I finally had to resort to running the slipper. Cars much more consistent and its easy to control the front tires rising....

Changing the subject anyone tried to achieve less then 2.5 degrees of rear toe? besides reversing 0.5 hubs?

Last edited by noproblems209; 10-25-2015 at 01:45 AM.
Old 10-25-2015, 05:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by noproblems209
with all the lightweight drivetrain parts now available and the power i'm seeing from today's 17.5's, there is no reason not to run a slipper. We're on high traction carpet and I finally had to resort to running the slipper. Cars much more consistent and its easy to control the front tires rising....

Changing the subject anyone tried to achieve less then 2.5 degrees of rear toe? besides reversing 0.5 hubs?
You can use the inserts meant for the rear motor B5 to remove toe on the B5m.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.