Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mike Villena
Hi racenut,
Yes, it is. Tamiya no. 50795 Rover Mini Cooper Racing bodyshell. It's not the 1/12th scale Tamiya static plastic kit although I wish I had that kit to take scale measurements off of! As it is, I'm just eyeballing everything from some crude photos that I managed to find on-line.
How will you stick the polycarb body back together?
Old 02-22-2006, 04:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Rayman,
The cutouts are for the door, trunk and hood. I won't be glueing those parts back on. Rather, I will be building the structures that support them and then hinging them so that they open and close just as I did on the Miata:
Old 02-22-2006, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Very cool bodyshell! Wondering if anyone else does superdetailing on their minis? Any TCS Best of Show or concourse fans/ competitors?
I'm in the process of finishing one for our TCS coming in march I don't wanna spoil the debut so I'll post pics after march 18th
Old 02-22-2006, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

is the miata real??? youre good at it
Old 02-23-2006, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Default tamiya pics

Does anyone know of a site where I can get pics of concourse quality tamiya vehicles? or vehicles that have been in past TCS concourse events?
Old 02-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Mike - That looks like a scale model instead of an rc. Cool!
Old 02-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by speedemall
I'm in the process of finishing one for our TCS coming in march I don't wanna spoil the debut so I'll post pics after march 18th
Hey speedemall, I hear you bro! I'm also trying to finish another one for the upcoming TCS Regional at Trackside....gonna be close Also as far as "Concourse" sites go, I haven't found any and I've been looking for a while. Looks like we're gonna have to start one!!!! Here's a link you can checkout though..... http://www.rccaraction.com/online_ex/homebuilt.asp

Racenut - Thanks man!!! It helped that I managed to take some reference photos of a real Miata

Rayman - Thank you sir!!!! You guys are from the Philippines, correct? How are things back home?? 'BAYAN..
Old 02-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey speedemall, I hear you bro! I'm also trying to finish another one for the upcoming TCS Regional at Trackside....gonna be close Also as far as "Concourse" sites go, I haven't found any and I've been looking for a while. Looks like we're gonna have to start one!!!! Here's a link you can checkout though..... http://www.rccaraction.com/online_ex/homebuilt.asp

Racenut - Thanks man!!! It helped that I managed to take some reference photos of a real Miata

Rayman - Thank you sir!!!! You guys are from the Philippines, correct? How are things back home?? 'BAYAN..

Pinoy ka rin bro??? we are fine here. Getting ready for the next Tamiya Asia Cup here. Send some more of your cool, unbelievable creations!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Mike,
what do you have up your sleeve for this years TCS race?
Old 02-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

My car won't even come close to the detail you've put into that miata.I can't work that well with lexan but I've done similar detail to plastic model kits and have won numerous model shows with them.Make sure you post pics after as I'm sure we'll all want to see it. good luck
Old 02-24-2006, 03:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi racenut - YUP! Left the Philippines back in '75. I haven't been back since...probably won't recognize the place anymore Hey, send me some pics from the Asian TCS if you get the chance. I'll post some after the TCS at Trackside

F1LARRY!!!! I still remember your F-1 concourse car with the pit crew!! I think Tamiya ruled out "Dioramas or Extra Figures" because of you!!! I think we chatted for a little while last year. Are you doing any concourse entries this year? Me.....I've got this really sweet entry. It's got a blown big block V-8, opening rumble seat with two figures riding in it, white sidewalls and a really nice flamejob! Here it is:

Looking forward to chatting with you again and the great bunch of folks at Scotty's. In many ways, Trackside is my home track. Say hello to everyone and see you soon. PS. -If you "BUMP DRAFT" the car, the driver figure will pop the rumble seat and he'll give you M&M's

Speedemall - Thanks! I use a lot of styrene because it is a lot more workable than lexan. Please post pics of your TCS ride after the race. Oh, and Good Luck to you too!!
Old 02-24-2006, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mike,

That is AWESOME! WOW!

Boomer
Old 02-24-2006, 08:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Boomer
Mike,

That is AWESOME! WOW!

Boomer
BIG DADDY BOOMER!!!!!!
How are things at Trackside??? How are Scotty and Nancy and Sara and everybody? I wish I lived closer but I'm about 5 1/2 hrs away . If you mean the "M & M" car, I didn't build it..just a gag ( besides, I don't think Fred will let me use it as it's not Tamiya). Still pretty cool though. I'll buy a bag and I'll have it at the pits for the TCS. Stop by and have some candy.

F1Larry - I apologize...I was thinking of Marty's F-1 car when I made that comment..sorry Hope to see you there!!
Old 02-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

BIG DADDY BOOMER!!!!!!
How are things at Trackside??? How are Scotty and Nancy and Sara and everybody? I wish I lived closer but I'm about 5 1/2 hrs away . If you mean the "M & M" car, I didn't build it..just a gag ( besides, I don't think Fred will let me use it as it's not Tamiya). Still pretty cool though. I'll buy a bag and I'll have it at the pits for the TCS. Stop by and have some candy.
I was trying to figure out how you made the rims!
Everyone is good here.

1 week away!!
Old 02-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

yes Mike that was Marty, but we did talk last year as you sat on the other side of the pit table from me, and I also apologize as I said that the car was an alpha. I knew the Consours car was a miata the car you raced that day was the alpha.

See you next week, can't wait to see your latest project.

Larry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.