Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
World GT Club Racing - To spec or not to spec is the question???? >

World GT Club Racing - To spec or not to spec is the question????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World GT Club Racing - To spec or not to spec is the question????

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 05:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by blackbird
A couple of points, I think there is more than one person wanting to run 2s in the UK and US . The CRC GenX10 was designed with 2s lipo in mind,even the BMI can run 2s stick pack.
The BMI and CRC cars weren't designed to run with a 2S pack, they were designed to let one fit into the chassis. There's a big difference between the two!

Let's see what happens, but with all the Rules, and the first major races (IIC and Snowbirds) going 1S, it doesn't seem likely that 2S will be the class.

Clubs will continue to run what they want, and maybe some high-grip outdoor tracks can allow a 2S car to handle, but in the main people run parking lots and indoors, where 1S is better.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
The BMI and CRC cars weren't designed to run with a 2S pack, they were designed to let one fit into the chassis. There's a big difference between the two!

Let's see what happens, but with all the Rules, and the first major races (IIC and Snowbirds) going 1S, it doesn't seem likely that 2S will be the class.

Clubs will continue to run what they want, and maybe some high-grip outdoor tracks can allow a 2S car to handle, but in the main people run parking lots and indoors, where 1S is better.
I'm hoping the weight transfer will be better, much less push with the 1S, much less traction roll too on side to side. The CG alone with the battery being so much smaller in height along with overall weight reduction should be awesome. Track is closed today for the holiday, so I'm sorting out my tool/parts boxes.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SlowerOne

stickpack is not very desirable, the BMI let you also use two saddle packs side by side which then has more weight to the back if you put them all the way to the back. That is a better option in my eyes then a stickpack which places a lot of its weight forwards. You see this in de crc cars and specially in modified, they don't have enough traction at the back and front in relation to saddlepack cars.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

A friend of mine was running 2s stick down middle of bmi, was very quick, he changed to 2s saddle and can't get it to handle, go figure!

We have our agm in uk to set our rules in November, and a proposal in for 1s mod outdoors and 1s 10.5 indoors, hoping this comes off, we have some big tracks over here which I don't think running spec would fun.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

just curious, what was the problem after changing to saddle?
Old 09-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Think he was pushing on corners, just lost corner speed
Old 09-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

he put the saddles in the back or in the middle?
Old 09-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
he put the saddles in the back or in the middle?
in the middle matey
Old 09-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

that could be the problem. More weight forward creates a push. More weight at the back will have more steering as more weight is transfered to the front and also lightening the back tires a little so you turn harder. But i gues he went back to stickpack so never mind
Old 09-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone know who's in charge of the body choices.
I was wondering why only one ofthe HPI Dodge Vipers was allowed and not the others?
Old 09-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Tech Champion

Should we start a new thread that doesn't include the word "debate". We also need to clean up the name so its more obvious.

GT2 10 200mm 1S 13.5 Indoor Discussion (formerly WGT).

Create a spec for outdoor for this class, maybe just make it 2S.

Then create a spect for GT1 indoor and outdoor (1S 10.5 indoor, 2S 10.5 outdoor)

And we have a spec for LMP, 235mm run what ya brung.

Too much thinking is making my brain hurt.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

I am pretty new new to this class what bodies besides protororm and parma are you guys using? Trying to get one today but not sure what would work that is a little more scale looking
Old 09-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Tech Champion

Ran the 1S 13.5 for the first time on our local indoor carpet track and I am very impressed. The kinds of speeds weren't mind shattering, but plenty fast for me. Once the tires came in with traction, the car ran great. About the only thing missing would be the insane acceleration the 2S lipo can provide. The car was controllable and still fun and challenging. A little more tuning to my track and it'll be ready for racing.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tulsa TC3
I am pretty new new to this class what bodies besides protororm and parma are you guys using? Trying to get one today but not sure what would work that is a little more scale looking
Im no expert on WGT (although I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night), but I think the only other company with GT style bodies approved for the class is McAllister Racing and the only one that they have is the Ferrari 599 (although Id love to see somebody make a Ferrari F430 GT)
Old 09-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
Im no expert on WGT (although I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night), but I think the only other company with GT style bodies approved for the class is McAllister Racing and the only one that they have is the Ferrari 599 (although Id love to see somebody make a Ferrari F430 GT)
I'm ready to post rules for what I think are the 6 legit 1/10 pan car chassis options.

The GTs should include any 2 door body that was raced in the last 10 years. Of those Tamiya and HPI make the most realistic. TD is right on about the McCallister Ferrari. The 2 legal and in production Protoform bodies and the Parma DB9 are very nice options too, but the Protoform Sophia (Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione) technically was never raced.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.