Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Agreed. Between the bladders, pistons, springs, arms, hubs have all been recommended upgrades for 2+ years. Even going back to the 6.1 days most of the extra parts by other companies were said by Rick himself to be used. I feel AE has been focused on its Off-road platform and left its onroad program to fend for itself.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

After all these talks, do we have any confirmation from any source saying that a new kit will be available this year???

TC6.2 was announced in Nov 2013.
TC6.1 WC was announced in Oct 2012
TC6.1 FT was announced in Nov 2011
TC6 was announced in Aug 2010
Old 08-14-2015, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Madulla
Agreed. Between the bladders, pistons, springs, arms, hubs have all been recommended upgrades for 2+ years. Even going back to the 6.1 days most of the extra parts by other companies were said by Rick himself to be used. I feel AE has been focused on its Off-road platform and left its onroad program to fend for itself.

I think the 6.2 is a great car; all my cars are AE but seeing mods on this type is on some minor level disappointing. However although I used to hate it; I now feel making mods of this type is some of the fun and I also now no longer look at
AE's lack of visibility on the news reports on touring car racing events as a failure. From a stock point of view; I am very competitive against similar drivers with my 6.2

However looking at my evolution in rc racing; I think I am doing myself a disservice by not looking at other brands. I"ll probably buy an xray next and I think you'll see alot of other drivers drive both cars. In the end; the best upgrade of your car would be to benefit from the experience of racers who race your type of car; I'm sorry but most of my racing friends run an xray. At least in my club it is.

However; I can type all day and miss a a good alternate point of view; I'm not waiting or thinking that a TC7 will fix every issue I understand with the 6.2 series. Every car will need a mod of some kind; that has to be considered.

My car is RSD blinged out now and last year it rocked better than the stock version; but I can't really be 100% sure; I am also improved as a driver. I was only 7 seconds behind the leader in my B main race at our large event last year; I even led for brief period; the car felt great; that's progress with a nearly stock setup as I was in last place 2 years ago in the C event. In 10 spots I moved up from a last qualifying position to finishing 5th.

My main priorities now are not only better plastics and engineering but a better effort at helping the racer understanding setup theory from the manuals and benefiting from the support that only a club level race can provide. Confidence in your 3rd part support is important as well.

Go Blue; still love ya.

Last edited by irvinew; 08-14-2015 at 12:07 PM. Reason: grammer mistake
Old 08-14-2015, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

The TC6.2 in stock form is an excellent car and an excellent value. Parts are readily available and there is support from top drivers.

The parts the team uses were never meant to be modifications that the customer was expected to make. These were meant to be test parts used to develop the next version TC. But delays meant using the parts longer than expected so instead of hiding what was being done, the parts used and how to make them and been passed on so that if you want the extra bit of performance, you can attain it.

The on-road team philosophy has been to always use AE parts. So taking what we already sell (TC5 and TC4 parts) and modifying them (if necessary) was the plan rather than making one-off prototype parts or using parts from other cars. Sure some parts like Yokomo anti-roll bars are used but this is purely to save time and insure consistency among the team driver's cars.

There will be a new car eventually but I am unaware of the timeline for it.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

That's it plain and simple..... out of the box the TC6.2 is a awesome car. You don't have to modify much at all to be competitive. Competition, the want to win is what drives further development of a platform. This is what you see when Team drivers are using an assortment of new parts. Do you have to do the same things? No not really, but it is cool that Associated allowed this info to be seen so we all can try. In the end we are helping with that same development to make something better. Back in the day you got beat by a prototype car and had no idea. I will be doing some back to back comparing myself to see what the changes do for me...
Old 08-14-2015, 12:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The TC6.2 in stock form is an excellent car and an excellent value. Parts are readily available and there is support from top drivers.

The parts the team uses were never meant to be modifications that the customer was expected to make. These were meant to be test parts used to develop the next version TC. But delays meant using the parts longer than expected so instead of hiding what was being done, the parts used and how to make them and been passed on so that if you want the extra bit of performance, you can attain it.

The on-road team philosophy has been to always use AE parts. So taking what we already sell (TC5 and TC4 parts) and modifying them (if necessary) was the plan rather than making one-off prototype parts or using parts from other cars. Sure some parts like Yokomo anti-roll bars are used but this is purely to save time and insure consistency among the team driver's cars.

There will be a new car eventually but I am unaware of the timeline for it.
bingo....

so if the cat is still in the bag, and I know how to let it out....can I ?...lol
Old 08-14-2015, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

here is what my stock TC6 series cars have done since 2012....

2012 Snowbirds AM TC 17.5 TQ and Champion, 2nd place VTA
2012 Thunder Jam Midwest Grand Slam TQ and Champion VTA and USGT
2012 USVTA Scale Nationals TQ and 2nd VTA
2012 One Lug Duel TQ and Champion VTA and 17.5 TC
2012 Georgia On Road Championships TQ and Champion VTA,USGT, and 17.5 TC
2013 Thunder Jam V TQ and Champion VTA and USGT
2013 Halloween Classic Champion VTA
2014 Thunder Jam VI TQ and Champion VTA and USGT
2014 Indy Champs TQ and dq VTA, 2nd USGT
2014 One Lug Carpet Showdown TQ and Champion VTA
2015....standby.......

all with AE parts and support....and mostly box stock setup. And I am nowhere near as good of a driver as other team members....but it holds it own and gets the job done. I have made the A-main in almost every race I have traveled to and locally with the TC6 series cars. They are more than capable of win and fun time.

enjoy your rides and make sure you are faster than your car before you get to wrapped up in extras, mods, and aftermarket parts
Old 08-14-2015, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
here is what my stock TC6 series cars have done since 2012....

2012 Snowbirds AM TC 17.5 TQ and Champion, 2nd place VTA
2012 Thunder Jam Midwest Grand Slam TQ and Champion VTA and USGT
2012 USVTA Scale Nationals TQ and 2nd VTA
2012 One Lug Duel TQ and Champion VTA and 17.5 TC
2012 Georgia On Road Championships TQ and Champion VTA,USGT, and 17.5 TC
2013 Thunder Jam V TQ and Champion VTA and USGT
2013 Halloween Classic Champion VTA
2014 Thunder Jam VI TQ and Champion VTA and USGT
2014 Indy Champs TQ and dq VTA, 2nd USGT
2014 One Lug Carpet Showdown TQ and Champion VTA
2015....standby.......

all with AE parts and support....and mostly box stock setup. And I am nowhere near as good of a driver as other team members....but it holds it own and gets the job done. I have made the A-main in almost every race I have traveled to and locally with the TC6 series cars. They are more than capable of win and fun time.

enjoy your rides and make sure you are faster than your car before you get to wrapped up in extras, mods, and aftermarket parts
Showoff
Old 08-14-2015, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=DARKSIDE;14140565]here is what my stock TC6 series cars have done since 2012....

Very good point.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bertottius
Showoff
lol...those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head...lol...

but I lost my share too....but it had nothing to do with the car.

Im just one guy who truly believes in the product from my TC3,TC4,TC5,TC6, TC6.1, TC6.1 WC, to my TC6.2 and half.....Associated makes the best overall onroad car when you factor everything from price, performance, durability, parts, and so on....from average weekend racer to beginner to National title contenders....AE has what you looking for....

my 3 years worth
Old 08-14-2015, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
lol...those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head...lol...

but I lost my share too....but it had nothing to do with the car.

Im just one guy who truly believes in the product from my TC3,TC4,TC5,TC6, TC6.1, TC6.1 WC, to my TC6.2 and half.....Associated makes the best overall onroad car when you factor everything from price, performance, durability, parts, and so on....from average weekend racer to beginner to National title contenders....AE has what you looking for....

my 3 years worth

Nuff said....... My Man Drop the Mic on you guys......

Last edited by JustWill75; 08-14-2015 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Im really enjoying racing the TC6.2. I have been out of the on road scene for a few years and just got back in a month or so ago. I changed the front outdrives to the steel set. that is all. I am battling with my buddy for 1st and 2nd every race who also runs this car. we are killing the current crop of latest and greatest cars. It is coming down to driver, not car. The so called advantages of cars released this year are minimal at best. Im sure AE will release a car to replace this one eventually but in my opinion, you only fix something that is broken. This car is a great car.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Missing parts?

I just ordered the this kit online, but bag 'F' was missing the front blocks and rear hubs? It kind of killed the happy mood, but I had ordered a spare front block set with the kit and picked up the rear hub local to complete the build. Just..man..oh well. No biggie, I guess. Not sure if I need or will bother to contact the mfg, as the seller emailed and said they may send them to me.
I have yet to race it, maybe this weekend, but looking forward to running it. It looks really good.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by edracer
I just ordered the this kit online, but bag 'F' was missing the front blocks and rear hubs? It kind of killed the happy mood, but I had ordered a spare front block set with the kit and picked up the rear hub local to complete the build. Just..man..oh well. No biggie, I guess. Not sure if I need or will bother to contact the mfg, as the seller emailed and said they may send them to me.
I have yet to race it, maybe this weekend, but looking forward to running it. It looks really good.
AE customer support is quite good I find; If all else fails I would contact them. Good luck!
Old 08-28-2015, 02:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This is actually for the TC6.1 WC but probably applies to all, how much belt tension should there be? My car has some use so the belts are likely stretched a little, but I don't know about how much tension to set the tensioners too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.