Search

Which car to buy

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 03:54 PM
dvu
Tech Apprentice

Default Which car to buy

Hello,

I've messed around with on road nitro cars for the past several years and now looking for something different. What do you guys recommend by way of off road buggies?

Thanks
Old 07-31-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

oh uh. these threads usually dont end well

i gotta say the Hot Bodies D8. Ifmar world championship winner, and all around great car. low cost, and highly competitive.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fatdaddy
oh uh. these threads usually dont end well
Your right, so let me put in my .02 now. If you plan on running at a track, visit it. See what those guys, and possibly gals are running. That way you can get first hand accounts from them and when you do start running they can help you out. Plus local parts supply for quick repairs is a plus.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

I wrote this a few months ago, and here is a reason to bring it back out.

Someone did say that the Losi will get you laid, I think that is the "true" test of a good car.

Break out the boxing gloves, mouth guards, and my dad can beat up your dad insults. It will start with a simple, “I prefer the 2.0 over the MBX6”. Followed up with a “yea but”. Then it will turn into all out war, nobody will be singing “Kumb by yaw”. And the anger really starts to seep in; people will be getting mad, kicking the dog, throwing the middle finger up at the monitor. Going out and robbing the local 7-11. You will start abusing alcohol, drugs and prostitutes. (The $2.00 kind and not the hot ones). Start cross dressing, (some of you are already there) and after weeks of soul searching, you figured out that you should have been born a girl; you sell your “2.0” and opt to move to Trinidad, Colorado. (Sex change capital, look it up) and get the “changes” that you always new should be. You will renounce your “NAMBLA” membership, and get ready for your new life. All of this came about because someone asked, “Which is better”. Do you really want to know?

Yes, I’m in therapy…
Old 07-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

Get the Turbo MBX 8ight b Worlds '09 spec.

....or the D8 might be a good car to start with.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
I wrote this a few months ago, and here is a reason to bring it back out.

Someone did say that the Losi will get you laid, I think that is the "true" test of a good car.

Break out the boxing gloves, mouth guards, and my dad can beat up your dad insults. It will start with a simple, “I prefer the 2.0 over the MBX6”. Followed up with a “yea but”. Then it will turn into all out war, nobody will be singing “Kumb by yaw”. And the anger really starts to seep in; people will be getting mad, kicking the dog, throwing the middle finger up at the monitor. Going out and robbing the local 7-11. You will start abusing alcohol, drugs and prostitutes. (The $2.00 kind and not the hot ones). Start cross dressing, (some of you are already there) and after weeks of soul searching, you figured out that you should have been born a girl; you sell your “2.0” and opt to move to Trinidad, Colorado. (Sex change capital, look it up) and get the “changes” that you always new should be. You will renounce your “NAMBLA” membership, and get ready for your new life. All of this came about because someone asked, “Which is better”. Do you really want to know?

Yes, I’m in therapy…
your signature has it right “Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”

Old 07-31-2009, 04:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

OH MY GOD YOUR MY FRIEND AND MY TEAMMATE!!!! I THINK I NEED THERAPY
Old 07-31-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i think d8 is prolly the most solid buggy out there
Old 07-31-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

You're better off seeing what everyone else in your area is having luck with. Also, availability of parts is a plus. I was lucky enough to know ppl who let me test drive their rides. I ended up getting the D8 because it suited my driving style, and the price didn't hurt much either. I also like it cause it's not over engineered like some of the newer kits out there.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Too bad there isn't a poll question portion to rctech. It would be really simple, first you would have every car in production on a list, then everyone could vote once for their favorite car. So instead of starting a "which car is better thread," you could always check the poll and find out without cloning this thread topic a bazillion times over!

Oh yeah, I vote for the Xray 808 !
Old 07-31-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

FIRST thing you need to do is open your wallet....shake it and see if any money falls out...then decide how much of that you can spend
Old 07-31-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=xlgraphicspro;6144498] bazillion [QUOTE]

Just add a "R" and you've got 1 of my favorite words

oh yeah 808 for me too
Old 07-31-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

Hotbodies D8
Ofna Hyper 7
OFNA Hyper 8
OFNA Hyper 8.5
OFNA Hyper 9
OFNA Jammin X-1
Losi 8ight 1.0
Losi 8ight 2.0
X-Ray XB8

Pick one. Eeny meeny miney mo. I don't care.

They're honestly all good cars. I could go on and on, these are just some off the top of my head. Just pick one based on price and parts availability.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

I have to agree with these guys i just decided this week too that i am getting out of on road nitro because all the competition is leaving and going to off road so i asked everyone there what they run and what i should get and almost everyone said the 2.0 so im getting that because i will have a lot of help with setting up the buggy so you should get what the majority of the guys at the track have and if its even between two of them then you just have to decide yourself like if the 2.0 and RC8 were even at my track i would pick the RC8 because im an Associated guy hope this helps
Old 07-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

OFNA HYPER 9!

A lot of these guys are rite but its not bad to be different,

I have one left brand new with a brand new motor I sell to you $550 OBO for the combo.

Check the sig.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.