Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
HA, unfair is @ 3:08 when he jumps the corner and lap traffic...u can even hear the crowd do the same as i did but atleast i could rewind it and look again as it was like "did my eyes deceived me" but that was just some CRAZY $hit right there. Tight line and no mistakes even with lap track for all his racing since he was never contested
Actually looked like a pretty good Main for 4wd SC on a tight indoor track. Not too much banging at all.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

OK - I must be getting cabin fever or something for even considering a Titanium screw kit for the SCTE - but - who's installed the TLR Ti kit in their SCTE? Review of the screw quality, longevity, etc? Anyone?

I'm between ordering up a new set of Tonys Screws for my 2.0 build (which I used on my 1.0 and those were great screws vs the stock screws) and ordering the TLR TI kit.

I would imagine the only TI screws I wouldn't want to use would be the ones going through the chassis into the diffs as they get scraped up and worn down so I probably wouldn't bother there.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
OK - I must be getting cabin fever or something for even considering a Titanium screw kit for the SCTE - but - who's installed the TLR Ti kit in their SCTE? Review of the screw quality, longevity, etc? Anyone?

I'm between ordering up a new set of Tonys Screws for my 2.0 build (which I used on my 1.0 and those were great screws vs the stock screws) and ordering the TLR TI kit.

I would imagine the only TI screws I wouldn't want to use would be the ones going through the chassis into the diffs as they get scraped up and worn down so I probably wouldn't bother there.
Well, the only place I am sure you dont want to use titanium screws is on the torque rods...just not enough sheer strength.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hacker07
Well, the only place I am sure you dont want to use titanium screws is on the torque rods...just not enough sheer strength.
Good point. Hadn't thought about those.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm considering the titanium kit as well as I'll be saving some bucks by converting my SCTE 1 to 2. I have everything else already so I'd rather not buy a second set of electronics, etc unless I have too (still keeping an eye out for that new Pro4 motor though ).

Ryan I recall you spent quite a bit of time researching the manufacturer for the Ti screw kit. Can you comment on what grade of titanium was used?

Second time asking this one, what length sensor cable are we going to need for both 540 and 550 cans in the 2.0 default layout?

As always much appreciated!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-Rick
I'm considering the titanium kit as well as I'll be saving some bucks by converting my SCTE 1 to 2. I have everything else already so I'd rather not buy a second set of electronics, etc unless I have too (still keeping an eye out for that new Pro4 motor though ).

Ryan I recall you spent quite a bit of time researching the manufacturer for the Ti screw kit. Can you comment on what grade of titanium was used?

Second time asking this one, what length sensor cable are we going to need for both 540 and 550 cans in the 2.0 default layout?

As always much appreciated!!!
I think it was AL4V or soemthing like that, lol.

As for the sensor wire, I must have missed the question, like a 210-220mm sensor wire depending on the motor and esc.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Only revised part I can think of that comes in the TLR kit for the 1.0 would be the towers.
Instead of the regular Aluminum caps, it would be better if they provided the Bleeder set instead.

TLR5062: Team Losi Racing Bleeder Shock Cap Set

Old 02-15-2013, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk

I've done the titanium screw kit on the SCTE and as much as I like TLR and their products I would defiantly not recommend them... The drivers you'd use for the stock screws don't fit the titanium screw very well. The sizes seem to be all over the place . You'll end up constantly stripping the heads. Spend your money on tires instead
Old 02-15-2013, 01:54 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hacker07
We ar enot currently planning on releasing them like this, sorry.
Too bad, would have made converting much easier. Makes it more likely that I'll have to get the comlete 2.0 instead...

Originally Posted by jayhawknavy02
Instead of the regular Aluminum caps, it would be better if they provided the Bleeder set instead.
I think the tlr kit was upgraded to the bleeder caps at least half a year ago.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zogart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDVT_..._WEgOA&index=7

here is a link to Last weekend Rumble in the Rockies the Ten SCTE 2.0 will be the one lapping every one.
What setup is dustin using b/c thats looks very similiar to track surface i run on?
Old 02-15-2013, 09:27 PM
Tech Adept

It seemed like most people ran 540 4 pole motors on their 1.0s. I noticed on Dustin Evans 2.0 he ran the team orion 550. Is that what Dustin always runs in his Scte? I'm hoping to get the pro4hd also but it's not yet available What motor are you guys planning on running? I also found the orion 550 on team Orion's website that says its in stock but I could not find an option to buy it. On a side note I couldn't seem to find that motor anywhere else, I'm guessing its a new release also? I already had the pro4 4600 but it wasn't for me but I might have felt different if I had my rx8 that I have now at that time.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yz167
It seemed like most people ran 540 4 pole motors on their 1.0s. I noticed on Dustin Evans 2.0 he ran the team orion 550. Is that what Dustin always runs in his Scte? I'm hoping to get the pro4hd also but it's not yet available What motor are you guys planning on running? I also found the orion 550 on team Orion's website that says its in stock but I could not find an option to buy it. On a side note I couldn't seem to find that motor anywhere else, I'm guessing its a new release also? I already had the pro4 4600 but it wasn't for me but I might have felt different if I had my rx8 that I have now at that time.
Dustin runs for Orion and all they have at this time is the 550 motors. Ryan and I are running pro-4 motors with RX8's and love it. The latest Tekin software is amazing.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by yz167
I think there's a different feel from the 4-pole 540's like the Tekin Pro4 and the long can 2 pole 550's. From a feel perspective, after trying both, I went back to the 550's.

If you can, try as many motors as you can and settle with the one that feels the best and delivers the power that you need.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Pro4 for me. Ya sure i could gear and heatsink the 550 till the cows come home, But ill take the Pro4 any day over a 550.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

What droop are you guys running now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.