Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree15Likes

New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

Im going to retire my V4 for the V5. The V4 has been good to me. Only broke the front shock tower and just recently a front axle broke on the cup side. Pretty sure due to normal wear and tear. Lots of batteries through this car and ready for lots of replenishment parts or the shelf.

Looking at the V5, there are multiple refinements made to this already proven platform. I really like how there are multiple options for the battery / motor configuration. The slipper dif will be interesting to try and variable drive shafts to play with.

I do not see any reason why anyone would not be able to make this car work for them.

Just hope we can get some good TD team support to help us all get to the top of the podium.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
Seriously....

The V1, V2, V3 and V4 have all been out for a long time. It's the same base car with some updates. .
They have, but how may times has Durango changed hands? How many vendors have produced them?

The AE B4's quality varied pretty widely over its life and it was the *same* car.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:44 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

looking at some of the setups versus the baseline, for you guys who run wheelers often what is your opinion on the whole center diff fluid setup to start with?

I see durango baseline is 50K, but seeing a variety of different conditions guys going with 100K regardless. So curious on that.

ny of you guys looking to run this on a dirt track?

And do you have any guys you recommend to buy a chassis protector from that does custom ones?
Old 01-26-2016, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I am debating new durango vs zx6 currently running xb4 '15 but i want different brand but i heard durango plastic is not durable is that true?
Old 01-26-2016, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raved007
I am debating new durango vs zx6 currently running xb4 '15 but i want different brand but i heard durango plastic is not durable is that true?
Having owned a dex and xb4 I can say with complete certainty that the xb4 plastics are more durable. The ZX6 plastics are not as durable either. The dex is a great handling wheeler though.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by raved007
I have only encountered a few areas where the plastic was weak. The front rear suspension hanger on the 210V2, the rear arms on the DESC410, and the rear sway bar hold down plate on theDESC10. Other then that, all has been good. Keep in mind just about every vehicle has a certain weakness. Knowing how well the 410V4 has held up and the new aluminum added to the V5, it will be a solid car.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Thanks guys seems this kit my next 1/10 4WD. Just saw it towerhobbies they carried this brand and parts so i can use my member coupon code
Old 01-26-2016, 05:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I've been running Durango for about 6 yrs and don't have any negative comments...Personally I boil every plastic part... Help soften it up a bit
Old 01-27-2016, 06:10 AM
Tech Legend

good advise on the boiling.

At least on the 2wd buggy side of things the vehicles have durable for me, especially with things being mainly ran as stock now at one track in particular.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:19 AM
Tech Adept

So just a little more time and the V5 should be out on the market. Am I the only one who is anxious to get this car out on the track?

Still debating on the motor battery configuration for the first trial run. Thinking of going with shorty and rear motor configuration first, seeing how I added the brass weights on the V4 to settle the rear down.

What is everyone else going to try?
Old 02-03-2016, 12:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz
What breaks on this buggy. Looking for a list of recommended spares. To order with the kit.
I've gone through 2 shock towers in 3 months, only the front and I'm running carpet on top of concrete so my experience will be different than most. I have also broken 1 rear arm(got bashed by a SC). And 1 of the servo saver arms happened in the same accident. I was comin down the strait he blew a corner and bam.... I tumbled that's what broke the arm. Where the outdrive goes into the rear diff there's a brace there the drive shaft runs through. I have broken 1 in the rear replaced with aluminum, been fine since.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PIHGUAM1
So just a little more time and the V5 should be out on the market. Am I the only one who is anxious to get this car out on the track?

Still debating on the motor battery configuration for the first trial run. Thinking of going with shorty and rear motor configuration first, seeing how I added the brass weights on the V4 to settle the rear down.

What is everyone else going to try?
I would recommend starting out with the saddle pack config.
A LOT of work has gone into improving the rear end on the v5 of the car.

I've tried the v4 and the v5 back to back on a low grip dirt track (2015 euros track) and the difference was pretty huge.

on power the v4 of the car seemed to 'float' on power, sliding towards the outside of the track.
with the v5 the car just 'sits down' on power, sticks and holds the line really well.

combined with the already good front end geometry of the 410 car and the car turns hard and has added a load of rear traction on power.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:48 AM
psl
Tech Adept

I am curious myself. I was going to start with the shorty pack and the motor in the rear. I just want the rear end planted. Looking forward to see the results when the V5 hits the shelves.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:56 AM
Tech Legend

so for dirt do you suggest saddles?

Out here it would be summer loose dirt USA style tracks, and winter if it runs, carpet.

I am however looking at setting up in a spec mode to see how I like it, by that I mean a 13.5 motor or similar.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Doughty
I would recommend starting out with the saddle pack config.
A LOT of work has gone into improving the rear end on the v5 of the car.

I've tried the v4 and the v5 back to back on a low grip dirt track (2015 euros track) and the difference was pretty huge.

on power the v4 of the car seemed to 'float' on power, sliding towards the outside of the track.
with the v5 the car just 'sits down' on power, sticks and holds the line really well.

combined with the already good front end geometry of the 410 car and the car turns hard and has added a load of rear traction on power.
Im running on carpet outdoors. When it is bone dry, there is lots of grip. When there is moisture it gets slippery. Track conditions change frequently. We have a saying here "If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes and it will change."

We need to have 3 sets of tires due to the changing conditions. There is not enough time to change set up. So tuning needs to be somewhat neutral.

I'll give your suggestion a try first. Especially seeing how I have more saddle packs then shorties. ;-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.