Wiki Posts
Search

Dynamite Platinum 21XP

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NITR04LIFE09
3 years is very impressive what fuel are you using 20% or 30 ?
we use byrons 30% switched to gen 2 last year...have a RBc6 on its 3rd year also..and a sportwerks .21 on 4 years... we still pre heat all our engines, after 3 years of use, I feel thats the main reason for the longivity we get out of them...
Old 04-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

For the money...It does better than expected pulls realy well mid to top, and will run with just about anything down the straights.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

I own two DYNM Platinum .21 's.

It's a good motor, mine can run with anyone in my class and I race against GRP's and Novarossi's, it has good power and lacks a little on the take off if the tune isn't perfect, but it holds it's own especially at the price. Mine has 7 gallons nearing 8 on it, I've had to replace the front bearing but that was 6 bucks. It lacks on the fuel economy, with a DYNM 053 MR pipe I would be lucky if I could make it to the 7 minutes. I switched to a JP-4 and I' pitting around 8-8 1/2 minutes. In my second heat at the Psycho Nitro Blast, I was at 8 and half minutes and realized I hadn't stopped for fuel lol, it was leaning out but my pitman got it in time. It has good if not better power now than at the 1 gallon mark, still good compression.

I don't worry about my motor on race days, it cranks with ease and runs good and strong. It's fun to go down the front straight side by side with a guy running a tuned GRP, knowing I bought two motors for his one motor. (not sure of how well their motors are tuned, and I run sportsman buggy )
Old 04-02-2009, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NITR04LIFE09
So now that its been a few months how doe you like the dynamite motor im looking for a motor for my 8 b and trying to decide between that and the nova. p5k.

P.S. my last motor was a p5 just kind of want to try somthing new.
My friend ran that motor last year. It was a kicking azzz. He ran it in his truggy and was sticking with the best drivers on the track. This year he brought the same motor again for is buggy. I have one and my other friend have one. These motors are great. People sleep on these motor and on have Nova, GRP, OS on the mind and dont know nothing about these motors. I dont work/sponsored by them. I use GRP .21 and ex-tech. I starting braking in this motor last weekend. I got about 15 tanks through and it runs great. I am using it as a back up though. You will not be disappointed with this engine.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Im thinking ill give it a try being that Ive been looking at replacement parts for it and they are 1/4 the price of parts for my p5, cost me less just to buy the dynamite than to rebuild my nova motor. And hate to say it but I really dont think im good enough of a driver to even notice the diff. between 2.4 hp and 2.7 hp and a few rpms.

thanks guys
Old 04-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I like the Dynamite .21XP. They perform a whole lot better than I expected. controllable power, average mileage; and easy to tune. I just wish dynamite would eliminate that friggin mid-needle. It scares me to death when someone comes up to me and says,

"Could you take a few minutes and tell me what's wrong with my engine? I've tried adjusting this needle on top, the idle, and I've messed with this big one on the side but can't seem to get the tune right."

OH NO!! LOL. But the XP engines are working great for a whole lot of people I know. Off-road and dirt oval(torture testing.)
Old 04-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

i run a dynamite .21xp an love it, i just got 12 min of run time with 230 temps and running the losi sport pipe on my 8ight the other day. it does 11min with ease, i have 2 gallons threw it and still has a good pinch.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
I like the Dynamite .21XP. They perform a whole lot better than I expected. controllable power, average mileage; and easy to tune. I just wish dynamite would eliminate that friggin mid-needle. It scares me to death when someone comes up to me and says,

"Could you take a few minutes and tell me what's wrong with my engine? I've tried adjusting this needle on top, the idle, and I've messed with this big one on the side but can't seem to get the tune right."

OH NO!! LOL. But the XP engines are working great for a whole lot of people I know. Off-road and dirt oval(torture testing.)

got to love the mid range bog lol i know exactly what you mean.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

well with the mid needle, turn it 1 1/2 turns out from closed and never touch it again. after the car is warmed up give it some wot runs and if the low speed is too lean the car will rev after you let off the gas. richen up the low speed needle till the revs come down. if the car idles fine after the wot runs, lean it out till it starts to idle high after a wot run then richen it up 2 hours and you sould be set.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good advise!! These engines rip!!
Old 04-03-2009, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bastard dsm
well with the mid needle, turn it 1 1/2 turns out from closed and never touch it again. after the car is warmed up give it some wot runs and if the low speed is too lean the car will rev after you let off the gas. richen up the low speed needle till the revs come down. if the car idles fine after the wot runs, lean it out till it starts to idle high after a wot run then richen it up 2 hours and you sould be set.
Thanks. I was playing this engine yesterday trying to tune it alittle better. I leaned out the low end and I was wondering why it was doing that. Now I know why it was idling high after I let off the gas. I will try and tune it better this weekend.

I have it in my losi truggy. I am going to take it out after I tune it better and put my ex-tech .24 in. I just wanted to brake it in just incase. You know back up engine along with my non-tuned grp for my buggy. Both engines are great and get wait to hit the dirt.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just got one of these NIB for $125 with THS pipe. Had been running 20% in my other engine. Would 20 be good for this one and also what plugs are most people using?
Old 07-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by midwestcajun
Just got one of these NIB for $125 with THS pipe. Had been running 20% in my other engine. Would 20 be good for this one and also what plugs are most people using?
20% will run really good in this engine... I have had great results switching to 20% on my engine this year.

Either an MC8 or Dynamite #3 plug should work the best.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Buy one SHHH!! Its a secret
Old 07-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ok. Easyryder. I give up. What kind of affiliation do you have with dynamite? I've been trying to find out for some time now but I'm lost. LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.