Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Well, we had a big meeting in the South East in UK yesterday, with 70 drivers in 13.5 boosted;

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Although I only managed to make the C final (with my T3'12), half the the A-Final were T4's built over the last couple of day's!
How did they look/any feedback?
Old 10-15-2012, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mb3195
How did they look/any feedback?
I didn't see one that looked bad on track

They are still trying to tweak setups for them, but most were virtually kit setup.

Someone else was videoing the A-Final etc, so I'll try to link to it when it gets put up.

Skiddins
Old 10-15-2012, 02:18 AM
Tech Elite

What bucket boy did is mounting 16mm diameter washers that are 5mm on top of the bumper. So the washers touch the bulkheads.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

I didn't see one that looked bad on track

They are still trying to tweak setups for them, but most were virtually kit setup.

Someone else was videoing the A-Final etc, so I'll try to link to it when it gets put up.

Skiddins
nice track, may have to try and make it down later in the series.

What was the finishing order in the a final?
Old 10-15-2012, 08:01 AM
Tech Adept

Default EWS Setup!!

Well, we had a big meeting in the South East in UK yesterday, with 70 drivers in 13.5 boosted;

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Although I only managed to make the C final (with my T3'12), half the the A-Final were T4's built over the last couple of day's!
Hey Damian,

I dont suppose you could post your final setup sheet for EWS on the forum or perhaps email me it?
Old 10-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt W
Hey Damian,

I dont suppose you could post your final setup sheet for EWS on the forum or perhaps email me it?
That track is nice but it looks like it has zero traction?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
That track is nice but it looks like it has zero traction?
zero traction? that is high traction for Uk tracks!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you watch the ETS final videos Adrian Berntsen's T4 looked great. In A2 he repeatedly ran up on Marc Rheinard but could not get by him. Note that he was trying everything to get by and this lead to him blowing some corners.

That said...the Völker/BD7 combo is on another planet right now. He is in that zone where Marc was with his 415 and 416 a couple years ago.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default re

Originally Posted by RCknight
. My guess is they didn't want to tool molds. I'll be more confident when I don't read reports of broken chassis plates.
They in fact had to use new molds to form the upper bumper plate supports as they are shorter. The entire design of the car was based around achieving the lowest possible CG, and this included the bumper, so sometimes there are sacrifices that a designer must make to acheive a certain goal. Having said that, this "problem" you refer to is so minor, it leads me to believe(and everyone else apparently)that you will never be happy. I suggest you purchase the T3 bumper supports, foam bumper and be done with it.

Latest report on the T4:

This past weekend Andrew and I were racing again(fall fiasco at Lou's speedway) and it gave us the chance to try the setup we ended up with from IIC. Out of the gate the car was decent but was not quite as good from the first test day a week prior so I decided to go back to the original setup I had built the kit with. To my surprise the car was much worse. Since we were now qualifying, I decided to go back to the IIC setup including a couple other changes I thought would help. Turns out, it did! For the main, I made one last change(thinner rear diff oil) and the car was noticeably better and as reported by Andrew, much easier to drive.

The key things I learned that day were:

-Setup works very well on two COMPLETELY different tracks. Something we couldn't do with the T3. Of course, minor changes might be needed(more for feel than anything).

-Anything lower than the second hole from the top on the rear shock tower is less than ideal(IMO). I think this might have something to do with the rear springs being progressive and as we all know, laying the rear shock down does the same thing. Perhaps with linear spring sets I will be able to make it work.

-Short rear link does not provide as much grip as the T3. Also, might be due to the progressive rear springs. The next test session I will try it again with less rear camber.

Hope this helps some of you.

Corey
Old 10-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoreyW.
-Anything lower than the second hole from the top on the rear shock tower is less than ideal(IMO). I think this might have something to do with the rear springs being progressive and as we all know, laying the rear shock down does the same thing. Perhaps with linear spring sets I will be able to make it work.
Hmm, good point, I hadn't thought about that relationship when trying those springs, since I typically run the rear very leaned in.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
If you watch the ETS final videos Adrian Berntsen's T4 looked great. In A2 he repeatedly ran up on Marc Rheinard but could not get by him. Note that he was trying everything to get by and this lead to him blowing some corners.

That said...the Völker/BD7 combo is on another planet right now. He is in that zone where Marc was with his 415 and 416 a couple years ago.
Where are the videos?
Old 10-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Xpress
Where are the videos?
http://ets.redrc.net/

Volker did walk away with it (again), but through the chicanes and at the end sweeper the T4 looked immense. Looks like Berntsen got a little ragged, he definitely had the pace in the car for a 2nd or 3rd.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I decided to go back to the IIC setup including a couple other changes I thought would help. Turns out, it did! For the main, I made one last change(thinner rear diff oil) and the car was noticeably better and as reported by Andrew, much easier to drive.
Would you be so kind to share the changes you tried and the cst of diff oil?
Old 10-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

They in fact had to use new molds to form the upper bumper plate supports as they are shorter. The entire design of the car was based around achieving the lowest possible CG, and this included the bumper, so sometimes there are sacrifices that a designer must make to acheive a certain goal. Having said that, this "problem" you refer to is so minor, it leads me to believe(and everyone else apparently)that you will never be happy. I suggest you purchase the T3 bumper supports, foam bumper and be done with it.

Latest report on the T4:

This past weekend Andrew and I were racing again(fall fiasco at Lou's speedway) and it gave us the chance to try the setup we ended up with from IIC. Out of the gate the car was decent but was not quite as good from the first test day a week prior so I decided to go back to the original setup I had built the kit with. To my surprise the car was much worse. Since we were now qualifying, I decided to go back to the IIC setup including a couple other changes I thought would help. Turns out, it did! For the main, I made one last change(thinner rear diff oil) and the car was noticeably better and as reported by Andrew, much easier to drive.

The key things I learned that day were:

-Setup works very well on two COMPLETELY different tracks. Something we couldn't do with the T3. Of course, minor changes might be needed(more for feel than anything).

-Short rear link does not provide as much grip as the T3. Also, might be due to the progressive rear springs. The next test session I will try it again with less rear camber.

Hope this helps some of you.

Corey
Hi Corey, you make some good points ref the progressive springs.

My first outing with mine is on Wednesday. I noticed you run +0.75mm blocks on the rear. How are you finding this, whenever I tried this on the t3 I had no back end at all.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mb3195
http://ets.redrc.net/

Volker did walk away with it (again), but through the chicanes and at the end sweeper the T4 looked immense. Looks like Berntsen got a little ragged, he definitely had the pace in the car for a 2nd or 3rd.
Thanks....they must have just put them up after the last time I checked the site.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.