Search

OCM KAOS DOMINATING

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by ABURTON
King Nitro, I think he will be fine....

In all honesty he does not have to have the evo....

He can spend hardly nothing and be good to go

Jake...looks good

When our new shocks come in a couple weeks they will be all but bland! 17mm hardcoated, threaded bigbores

ahh......the good life,lol
Whoa, I thought Hong Nor's big bores was the biggest (16mm). 17mm is huge! Nice, looking forward to that!!! BTW are they silver/black anodized? That will look so much better than the current shocks!

BTW I'm shopping for a new set of bevel gears for my diff (40T crown and 12T Pinion), and was wondering if I could use those from an Xray XB8. Is this possible? Thanks!

Last edited by razor_clawzz; 02-15-2008 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Take a look at the newest product from OCM...the OCM Red Line. The first mill in the engine line to be released will be their .21 5 port, also pictured here with pipe. The first batch is due to hit the shores later this month. Mills and pipes will be available for purchase separately in 2008 from OCM. More details will be available soon.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Never tried xray gears.....

I would not think so...are you trying to change up the gearing? We offer 44,46,and 48 spurs
Old 02-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

If you are interested in purchasing one of the engines please email me @ [email protected]

Thanks!

Alan Burton
Old 02-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Here is the Alan Burton/Mikey Sharwin OCM Kaos DT-19 EVO buggy setup used at the Psycho Nitro Blast in Atlanta, GA, on February 2-3, 2008.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Here is the Alan Burton's OCM Kaos DT-19 EVO buggy setup used at Mike's in Houston.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

I talked with some racers from the MOTORAMA race and it seems that the OCM crew is doing well over there. I have not talked to Bob or david but I spoke to Laquan and some other guys who said Mike Battaile looked awesome in his first outing with the OCM. The car looked super planted and smooth on the rough PA track....

did not know times but felt he was one of the fastest there. I'll try to call and get the scoop

Stay tuned.........
Old 02-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Never tried xray gears.....

I would not think so...are you trying to change up the gearing? We offer 44,46,and 48 spurs

Nah, I'm not changing the gearing. It's just that I've had enough of "...first batch bevel pinions are weak, bulkheads become soft, etc etc". So I was thinking of getting Xray parts especially for the drivetrain. I love this buggy! It's just that I would like to go for other options and see how it's like, since I haven't had any peace of mind while running the OCM It's a durable car, but not when it comes to the gears and such. The shocks aren't butter smooth compared to the likes of Mugen and Kyosho too (in my opinion).

Please don't remind me to shim it properly, I really did BTW, the Red Line .21 looks awesome ANy specs?
Old 02-16-2008, 04:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Rough track handling is definitely an area where the OCM buggy excels.

Towards the end of last season one of our local tracks was pretty blown out. Lots of rough spots especially down the long straight. At that time I also had an RC8. The rough stuff really threw the RC8 around while the EVO stayed on line absorbing the bumps....

I talked with some racers from the MOTORAMA race and it seems that the OCM crew is doing well over there. I have not talked to Bob or david but I spoke to Laquan and some other guys who said Mike Battaile looked awesome in his first outing with the OCM. The car looked super planted and smooth on the rough PA track....

did not know times but felt he was one of the fastest there. I'll try to call and get the scoop

Stay tuned.........
Old 02-16-2008, 06:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by razor_clawzz
Nah, I'm not changing the gearing. It's just that I've had enough of "...first batch bevel pinions are weak, bulkheads become soft, etc etc". So I was thinking of getting Xray parts especially for the drivetrain. I love this buggy! It's just that I would like to go for other options and see how it's like, since I haven't had any peace of mind while running the OCM It's a durable car, but not when it comes to the gears and such. The shocks aren't butter smooth compared to the likes of Mugen and Kyosho too (in my opinion).

Please don't remind me to shim it properly, I really did BTW, the Red Line .21 looks awesome ANy specs?
Yeah, the first batch did have issues that OCM resolved and for the customers who had purchased the 1st version, OCM offered a free of charge care pack which included all the parts you mentioned and some.
I don't understand your gripe to be honest.
I'm still running version 1 car with the care pack and it's as good today as it was a year ago.
As for the shocks not being butter smooth, are you running evo shocks?? I ask because the boddies are bigger and don't compress so much on the o-rings, which just happens to make em "butter smooth"
Old 02-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

Alan Burton........ Is this the latest/greatest version buggy with all the goodies? If it is I am getting one and a truggy when they show up soon..... Thanks David Sparks

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/20030
Old 02-16-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by casterdriver
Alan Burton........ Is this the latest/greatest version buggy with all the goodies? If it is I am getting one and a truggy when they show up soon..... Thanks David Sparks

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/20030

If it is on amain's website it is the current buggy. I don't think they come with alum. rear uprights on the hardcoated chassis...those are option parts.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Thats the latest

The gears are not weak by any means in the buggy. If you ask any person on hear you should find that they all have a lot of gallons on the gears. My personal ones are 13 gallons old at this point.

But if you purchasd one of the first kits why not go ahead and get it right and upgrade? Problems solved, and you dont have to go rigging it together. Honestly..problems solved now...t
Old 02-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Email me, I am curious about your shocks. These shocks are super smooth. With our spring being a bit larger it really makes a super smooth operation. Lets go over a few things.

Just trying to help ya.

AB
Old 02-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Ok guys...got the report on Team OCM from the motorama race up in PA.
We had four guys in attendance. I think the pro buggy class has 130
entries and pro truggy was more like 110.

Mike Battaile in his first race with the OCM is 14th overall. He had a
solid run, and was working on another fast pace and his fuel line was
torn and he ran short on fuel. He said car is perfect and told me he
honestly did not have one s ingle complaint of the car, he was very
impressed

David Lindbert is solid in the show in 10th place and is looking
forward to the mains. From what I was told his buggy has looked near
perfect from practice on, it should since we came from a super rough
track just weeks ago!

I would also like to add David put our new truggy into the Truggy
amain as well!

Laquan Alexander and Bob Duncan are both in the top 5o and fill good
about the cars. This to is Laquans first outing after coming from the
losi. He admits it's just a different style than the losi and needs to
be pushed

I'll post when I found out about the results. Barring breakage in the
cold weather or a flameout I truly look for Mike to bump into the main
and compete up front. His laptimes were on point and his best times
were only 8 seconds of the fastest guys.

Good luck guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.