Community
Wiki Posts
Search

nova bf .21 pipe ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

An 086 type pipe is the only pipe I would run on the bf. It can use the top end for sure. Maybe in a truggy an 053 would be good. For a buggy the 086 is the best.

I personally use Hard Coated pipes whenever I can. I just hate how crappy polished pipes look after a couple runs and don't have the desire or patience to polish them after every run. With hard coated pipes I find I don't even need to clean them. I just wipe them down after use and all of the dirt and grime just wipes off. They also seem to hold up better to denting.

For the money the Dynamite HC pipes can't be beat! I just wish they sold a "L" header as well as the "C" header.

8&stuff: Funny you should mention a sportwerks pipe as that is one of my favorite pipes. The one I have is a normal 053 but it has a nice short "L" header with it that just seems to fit the pipe perfectly. I have had it for MANY years(back when I ran a SW buggy) and it is holding up/running great on my engines today.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
An 086 type pipe is the only pipe I would run on the bf. It can use the top end for sure. Maybe in a truggy an 053 would be good. For a buggy the 086 is the best.

8&stuff: Funny you should mention a sportwerks pipe as that is one of my favorite pipes. The one I have is a normal 053 but it has a nice short "L" header with it that just seems to fit the pipe perfectly. I have had it for MANY years(back when I ran a SW buggy) and it is holding up/running great on my engines today.
I have to agree totally in truggy, didnt consider that. Just seems like 053 in buggy limits the bf too much. with all my polishing i think i started that when the black coating started to peel off my sptwks pipe/header so i wire brushed the crap out of it and tried mothers on it. wow it looked so nice lol

another descent pipe is the re10 as well as or more so re11. i may have those 2 backwords. that not from experience as much as watching a friend of mine with his losi pipes. another freind of mine ran either 2050 or 2060(not sure which one)and it just didnt tune in too well. contrary to popular belief that losi re&os pipes are the same although i feel in most cases they are similar.

hey jammin. i dont see the pitt penn series races scheduled anywhere? i believe its close to the area54 grand opening around 21st of may, or week before or after.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 8&stuff
I have to agree totally in truggy, didnt consider that. Just seems like 053 in buggy limits the bf too much. with all my polishing i think i started that when the black coating started to peel off my sptwks pipe/header so i wire brushed the crap out of it and tried mothers on it. wow it looked so nice lol

another descent pipe is the re10 as well as or more so re11. i may have those 2 backwords. that not from experience as much as watching a friend of mine with his losi pipes. another freind of mine ran either 2050 or 2060(not sure which one)and it just didnt tune in too well. contrary to popular belief that losi re&os pipes are the same although i feel in most cases they are similar.
The RE11 and OS 2050 are identical. The RE10 and OS 2060 are not. They are close but not the same.

hey jammin. i dont see the pitt penn series races scheduled anywhere? i believe its close to the area54 grand opening around 21st of may, or week before or after.
It is in fact on the 21st of May. I wish it was on a different date than the area54 opening race. I would love to make that one. I feel it will hurt our turnout as well. Oh well, not much you can do I guess.

Info here

http://nitrooffroad.rcprosites.com/s...ate/2010-05-21
Old 04-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

It is in fact on the 21st of May. I wish it was on a different date than the area54 opening race. I would love to make that one. I feel it will hurt our turnout as well. Oh well, not much you can do I guess.

Info here

http://nitrooffroad.rcprosites.com/s...ate/2010-05-21
wow thats insane. im not sure how much it will hurt the series race although im sure some will be torn between the 2. considering 54(not totally sure)arnt having many races i want to try the opener especially being kind of close to home. im still trying medina and springfeild and no doubt stateline, im a wuss just the close to home races haha
Old 04-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

i did forget to mention, it is going in my losi truggy
Old 04-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by inferno13
i did forget to mention, it is going in my losi truggy
Honestly I would still run the 086. It is by far the best pipe I have found on the bf. The 053 will give a bit more bottom end, but seems to cut the top end off. The bf is really a bottom end engine and can use the help of the 086 up top.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Suspended

Honestly I would still run the 086. It is by far the best pipe I have found on the bf. The 053 will give a bit more bottom end, but seems to cut the top end off. The bf is really a bottom end engine and can use the help of the 086 up top.
what do you think about the .21 caster racing pipe? i found one of these to.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

what do you think about the .21 caster racing pipe? i found one of these to.
I have no idea about that pipe at all. Never seen one.

Out of the pipes you have posted so far the 053 and JP-3 2ould be at the top of my list. The 053 would probably be the better of the two(certainly for fuel mileage).
Old 04-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Suspended

here ya go, now you can say you've seen one....lol
Attached Thumbnails nova bf .21 pipe ?-caster.jpg  
Old 04-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Right off the bat I would NEVER run that pipe because it uses a silicone coupler. Those things just don't go well.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Suspended

Right off the bat I would NEVER run that pipe because it uses a silicone coupler. Those things just don't go well.
i know, i dont like them either, thats why its brand new never used.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

egads that pipe looks so......... rebadged himoto or redcat pipe perhaps.. egads dude not a very impressive thing to slap a company name onto
Old 04-14-2010, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Pipeology 101...

Geeze you guys think too much. Either the 053 or 086, pick one or try em both, Next it will be headerology....
Old 04-14-2010, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Im liking the new squiggly shaped pipes coming out of italy, they have variable diameter technology in place to eek the extra it of power out of the engine at the low to mid transition range and actually resemble the pipes used on 125 cc 2 stroke bikes. with the variable diameter technology with optional reed attachment they say you can actually use their new pipe that resembles a 10th scale on road pipe like the shark and get more power and up to 4 more minutes runtime per tank.

and if you believe that then i have some swampland in arizona to sell you.

Im still thinking the dynamite 007 pipe. it just rocks.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by merdith6
Geeze you guys think too much. Either the 053 or 086, pick one or try em both, Next it will be headerology....
yeah, iv ran wrong pipes for too long. then run the right one and it makes a big difference. we got the header facts already covered haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.