Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 01:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skitee
Not public yet but is being tested by the SP team, as Shawn said if all goes well then public Beta test can go ahead in a few days.

Just be patient guys I remember the Tekin thread going through the same repetitive when when when when when questions before the last update , in the end everybody was happy when a strong and stable software release was made available.
thank for the info ... will waiting .
Old 03-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hy Guys,

for those who was having the Problem with the flashing red and green light on there Speedos, we solved the problem over the sensors. After a new sensorcable and a sensorchange on the motor the problem was history

about stockprogramms for everyone who was at the ETS in Warschau (PL) they saw there that the stockprogramms on the speedos are a big problem for our hobby because every day another brand bring a new and better software or speedo and the motor gone up in smoke one after another. But not only the motors, also the speedos.

also the speed has nothing to compare with a stockclass. take a look at redrc for the stock A main videos and see how 13.5T motor accelerate like 6.5T and also has the same topspeed like a modified motor. I'm courious what will happen to the stockclasses around the world in the next time...

about SP speedos in the stockclass at the ETS there was no one in the A and B finals to find. Not enought speed and far not enough punch. maybe for SP its better to not try to jump on the train about stocksoftware because there speedos and motor are really high quality and I only uses them (after long use of LRP) but in stock there is such an fast developpment that I'm not really shure that for SP all these stockstuff is a good idea. On a small technical track there is no problem but on a large track the difference is really big to the advanced and SXX ss speedos (when they work but that's another history).
Also the Tekin speedos was without any chance and there was alot of guys using the tekin and after trying everything also them was missing a lot of punch and topend speed.

so where will it end ? in a stockclass who goes faster than the modified ones ?

my 2 cents ans sorry for my bad english.

regards
Old 03-10-2010, 01:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

hi,

Just a quick question, I purchased a speed passion v3.0 8.5R motor, I notice it has no holes in the can ?? Checked the website and it seems the 7.5R and 8.5R are the only ones without holes in the motor can, why is this ??

Thanks !
Old 03-10-2010, 01:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by smilekt
so GT2.0 pro not have any supercharge update ?
is LCD Professional Program Card needed to update GT2.0 old firmware to supercharfe update?
Old 03-10-2010, 02:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by leonardiw
is LCD Professional Program Card needed to update GT2.0 old firmware to supercharge update?
A must if you want to do it yourself.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by madwestmo
hi,

Just a quick question, I purchased a speed passion v3.0 8.5R motor, I notice it has no holes in the can ?? Checked the website and it seems the 7.5R and 8.5R are the only ones without holes in the motor can, why is this ??

Thanks !
Hy,
because these Motor are mainly used in offroad so its better because of the dirt. Don't worry I use hese motors also and they are great without the holes

is LCD Professional Program Card needed to update GT2.0 old firmware to supercharfe update?
Yes its needed, you always need the LCD card to change software.

regards Tom
Old 03-10-2010, 02:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone has setting and gearing suggestion for indoor carpet onroad car with 13.5T motor and stock software - 107 or 110? Track will have 100feet long straight, is 10feet wide everywhere and has fast flowing layout.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lochness42
Anyone has setting and gearing suggestion for indoor carpet onroad car with 13.5T motor and stock software - 107 or 110? Track will have 100feet long straight, is 10feet wide everywhere and has fast flowing layout.
You can try what I last ran on a similar sized track...

107 software, default settings except drag brake up to 25% and Initial brake set to drag. v3.0 13.5 motor at default timing, 4.9:1 overall ratio.

Lacking nothing in top end and good pull through the corners too.

I've tried "running everything at maximum" and all it seems to do is take away punch and increase motor heat. The default settings are a lot more usable.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Had a close up look at a 2.1 Prostock today at the Australian Toy & Hobby Show. Looks schweeeet! Really like the machined aluminium top casing although it feels a tad heavier than normal. Now if it's a production unit, what software is in it? And so why no download on the SP website yet?
Old 03-10-2010, 03:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Is the 110 software supposed to be really good with 17.5t? I tried it with an old version orion vortex and the tekin boys weren't pulling away. The motor came off at 90 degrees after 5mins though. My settings were:
AMTS Timing: 18.75
DRRS:level 7
FDR: 4
I thought you were supposed to gear for a low FDR for the spassion speedies?
Old 03-10-2010, 03:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by defcone
Is the 110 software supposed to be really good with 17.5t? I tried it with an old version orion vortex and the tekin boys weren't pulling away. The motor came off at 90 degrees after 5mins though. My settings were:
I quite liked the 110 with the 17.5. But i ran DRRS level 8 and timing on 26.?? (the highest) and it wasnt slow. nor did it get hot - 60 degrees C at a fdr of 4.8. But i would like to try gearing up and dropping some timing and punch to see what happens

Shawn with the next software, will there be any suggested ratios? I know all motors are different, but a mid-point ratio to start with / aim at would be great for 17.5 and 13.5 TC. As i have been running a spx for the last 9 months prior to the SP gt2.0 I have a feeling i may be undergearing the motor and trying to make up speed with timing and stuff on the speed passion...
Old 03-10-2010, 04:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Software Versions..

323a

Can anyone tell me if these profiles can be used with 6.5 or a 4.0 motor??

I think 731 is stock based and 323a seems to have a turbo can this be confirmed before blowing up my ESC

Alex
Old 03-10-2010, 04:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lochness42
I think I'm going to agree quite a lot with sosidge here;
ESC Timing - 22 deg (1 from max)
DDRS - 6
Brake at 25% (and initial = drag)
V3 motor with timing at around two-thirds of maximum.

I tried increasing timing on the speedo and motor and increasing the DDRS but just tended to find the motor got a lot hotter and didn't gain anything in lap time.

I was geared on around 5.4 on a track 32x16m with lane widths of around 3m and a fairly flowing layout. Again, I tried gearing up and didn't really gain anything except heat.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by defcone
Hy,
the problem is your Vortex motor, the old ones run really hot so switch to an SP v3.0 and the temperatur will drop to 60degres

regards Tom
Old 03-10-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

MrTyson:
731 is the best for mod motors

geubes:
I know everyone would like to hear "for 17.5, start at 6.37FDR", but unfortunately there are so many large variances in track size, surface grip, software settings and etc, it's just not possible. With the last 107 and 110 versions we had team drivers running from 2.5FDR to 7.0FDR, and each to their liking!

With the new Supercharger update, there will be an even larger variance due to overall boost used, when it kicks in, how much punch is dialed in or out, and etc.

Again, I'll be writing a "what all this stuff does and how to use it" guide that will help answer all these questions about it when it goes out for use, and I'll discuss gearing there, but unfortunately the best thing I can tell anyone (and this is for any speedo, any software, and any 17.5/13.5 motor) is start around 7.0FDR and work with the speedo settings and gearing until the car fells like you like it to, and your laptimes are best.

veecee:
Initial 2.1 ProStock software is 110. We will preload the new Supercharger version on them when it passes Beta.

leonardiw:
yes, you will need the LCD card to update the GT2.0

madwestmo:
Tbone is correct - most uses of 7.5 and 8.5 is offroad, and the offroad guys prefer a closed can so that's what we did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.