Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tiago13
Hello I have a T-Maxx 2.5 and already started doing some upgrades but still feel i could do more and would like to know what other upgrades i should recomend to make my truck go faster and that handles good?

My Upgrades: IntegyParts: SuperDuty MSR5 Shocks,SuperDuty Chassis, Front and lower Arms, front and rear skid plate, chassis brace, Bulkhead, front and rear gear box, a Nova engine head, and a dynamite exhaust. So far the truck looks amazing and handles better than stock but i want more power.

So what else should i get? i plan to get new gears but don't know which to choose. Should i get a knew engine, if yes which would be good?
first thing you do is go into the monster truck forum, find a T-Maxx thread, and ask there
Old 04-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Tiago, wrong thread, that means that there is another thread for Tmaxxs and just Tmaxxs. Just go to the top right of your page and do a "SEARCH" and type in TMAXX and you will be in heaven. this thread talks about the "one and only" top of the line best al around 1/8 buggy TEAM LOSI "8IGHT" But thanks for stopping by to check it out. If you can kick up some funds grab one, they are fun as ever.
Originally Posted by Tiago13
Hello I have a T-Maxx 2.5 and already started doing some upgrades but still feel i could do more and would like to know what other upgrades i should recomend to make my truck go faster and that handles good?

My Upgrades: IntegyParts: SuperDuty MSR5 Shocks,SuperDuty Chassis, Front and lower Arms, front and rear skid plate, chassis brace, Bulkhead, front and rear gear box, a Nova engine head, and a dynamite exhaust. So far the truck looks amazing and handles better than stock but i want more power.

So what else should i get? i plan to get new gears but don't know which to choose. Should i get a knew engine, if yes which would be good?
Old 04-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
first thing you do is go into the monster truck forum, find a T-Maxx thread, and ask there
Tiago, Matt Howard beat me to it. anyways have fun.ok, back onto the 8ight. Did we get the throttle servo dilemna settled or what?
Old 04-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hummm....Losi, TMaxx hybrid...... ...i need some sleep....
Old 04-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Hey Carl, give me a call tomorrow when you wake up and all. You might have already triedcalling, Ill go check. One more week funtil 1/8 Buggies races. Cant wait.
Originally Posted by freefallmarine
Hummm....Losi, TMaxx hybrid...... ...i need some sleep....
Old 04-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Because of our track layout, i set my failsafe for partial brake, and full right turn. At any given part in the track, it should stay in the track, but lose alot of speed, and stay inside the track. I would hate for it to go flying into the pits or off the track. (our pits are not protected with a fence here in Santa Barbara.) If you can call them pits... At least there is a track. Now to try out all the tracks within 5 hours the next couple of months. I need to get pushed/ shoved by better drivers. And to be made to experiment with setup.

Was driving the 8 some more, and still no more throttle servo issues, but I found that my idle needle was causing some resistance on the slide valve. The angle is good, but I found that I need to apply some throttle and make sure the slide valve can "rotate" a hair both ways freely, as so the idle screw is not dragging in the machined slot. I have had 2 carbs freeze up on me (cant even open by hand) causing 1 blown servo and luckily no damage to the other one (pulled off the track right away). Does this make sense? The slide valve pulled freely before, but it wore enough to cause binding later in the day. Its my first buggy, and slide carb so call me a noob;-)
Old 04-07-2007, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Was driving the 8 some more, and still no more throttle servo issues, but I found that my idle needle was causing some resistance on the slide valve. The angle is good, but I found that I need to apply some throttle and make sure the slide valve can "rotate" a hair both ways freely, as so the idle screw is not dragging in the machined slot. I have had 2 carbs freeze up on me (cant even open by hand) causing 1 blown servo and luckily no damage to the other one (pulled off the track right away). Does this make sense? The slide valve pulled freely before, but it wore enough to cause binding later in the day. Its my first buggy, and slide carb so call me a noob;-)
Same thing happened to my engine. Get some Scotchbrite from paint store and sand by rotating the carb barrel. Of course take the carb apart by taking out the idle screw and taking off the boot. Barrel will slide out. Be careful putting idle screw back in, don't want to tear te o-ring. Oil should work.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

well looks like the losi gas truck collet is indeed the same.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is Horizon having a hard time supplying the composite clutch shoes? I can't seem to find them in stock anywhere.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

WE had our 1st outdoor race last week and the 8ight felt really good. I was worried that i would not do well on hard packed dusty outdoor surface. The Gater soft compound with stock foams seem to be the way to go that day. I was running the bow ties Soft with Med. molded foams. The car was a little to much on edge side to side and not as much turnin steering as I like it but controlable.

Just wanted to say I'm very happy with the buggy.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The car was a little to much on edge side to side and not as much turnin steering as I like it but controlable.
Are you running the long or short ackermen steering rack? If you want lots of turn in, the short ackermen will get you there.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

i have been running the short ackerman bar since day one and i really like it everywhere i run.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by R40Victim
Are you running the long or short ackermen steering rack? If you want lots of turn in, the short ackermen will get you there.
Did the kit come with a short one and long one?
Old 04-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

the kit comes with both. however they tell you to put the long on in the manual.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The kit comes with both of them. Im not sure which one the rtr comes with though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.