Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I don't have any issues with firmware ver. 1.28 with MMP/Novak ballistic combo...
Old 07-26-2010, 05:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
I don't have any issues with firmware ver. 1.28 with MMP/Novak ballistic combo...
Well there is obviously something wrong because I dont have a motor glitching problem with earlier versions of the firmware. Any suggestions.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:11 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2Quick
Well there is obviously something wrong because I dont have a motor glitching problem with earlier versions of the firmware. Any suggestions.
It can be many things and the software is just one of the many different things it could be. Bas sensor wire, bad board or board starting to go bad in the motor, battery not up to the task, way over timed are just a few. Try an earlier software again and see if it stops the problem. Then put the newest firmware in and use the same timing settings and power settings as before and see what happens. Might need to try different motors if you have them just to see.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wyd
It can be many things and the software is just one of the many different things it could be. Bas sensor wire, bad board or board starting to go bad in the motor, battery not up to the task, way over timed are just a few. Try an earlier software again and see if it stops the problem. Then put the newest firmware in and use the same timing settings and power settings as before and see what happens. Might need to try different motors if you have them just to see.
I tried firmware 1.26 and it worked fine. With ver. 1.28 the motor glitches low rev's with the same settings.
Here's my settings :
1. Punch control disabled
2. Torque limit disabled
3. Start power low
4. Cheat timing boost 35 degrees
5. Cheat activation range 8000 - 9200 rpm
with new 13.5 Ballistic
Old 07-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I tried firmware 1.26 and it worked fine. With ver. 1.28 the motor glitches low rev's with the same settings.
Here's my settings :
1. Punch control disabled
2. Torque limit disabled
3. Start power low
4. Cheat timing boost 35 degrees
5. Cheat activation range 8000 - 9200 rpm
with new 13.5 Ballistic
I am running both a ballistic 17.5 and the older SS 17.5 from novak. Neither is having a problem.

I would look at your end bell timing. Set it back at N and see if that helps. Or if it is already on N take it to the first hash mark.

Next I would unplug the sensor cable from the speed control and run the motor in sensorless mode. If this runs smooth then plug the cable back in and try again.

If this does not work recalibrate the speed control to the radio.

Turn off timing boost and see what happens.

I would also try increasing your BEC voltage to 6.0 v. The default is 5.5V which I think is too low for most 2.4 systems.

Like others have said I have not seen any glitchiness, with any of my motors on this version.

I find this version of the software to generally be the smoothest I have seen so far. I am currently running it in a TC, SC, Stadium Truck, and an 8th scale buggy. All four upgraded with out a problem.

Hope this helps.

Matt
Old 07-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Can the mmp run properly even if one of the caps have fallen off?
Old 07-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default MMP

Can this speedo compete with the Tekin? I am asking because all I run is Tekin however I won a Castle MMP as a door prize and I am wondering if I should try it out or sell it. Thanks
Old 07-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haywood
Can this speedo compete with the Tekin? I am asking because all I run is Tekin however I won a Castle MMP as a door prize and I am wondering if I should try it out or sell it. Thanks
Anyone?
Old 07-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone?
On small to medium tracks, the MMP can hold its own against the likes of Tekin, HW, SP , but on larger tracks where the straight is 150ft+, then it cant keep up.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:31 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Anyone?
It suffers on long straight tracks at this time without having the secondary timing or turbo like many call it but that will be the next update for Castle so it will be competitive on all tracks as soon as the new timing software comes out. Right now on small and medium tracks keeping up isn't a problem at all as what I loose on a straight with the extra punch the Castle has in the infield I have make up the time in that area.

With any speedo you can update the software the companies will always be working on software to make them do more overall and go faster.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by macdude
I am running both a ballistic 17.5 and the older SS 17.5 from novak. Neither is having a problem.

I would look at your end bell timing. Set it back at N and see if that helps. Or if it is already on N take it to the first hash mark.

Next I would unplug the sensor cable from the speed control and run the motor in sensorless mode. If this runs smooth then plug the cable back in and try again.

If this does not work recalibrate the speed control to the radio.

Turn off timing boost and see what happens.

I would also try increasing your BEC voltage to 6.0 v. The default is 5.5V which I think is too low for most 2.4 systems.

Like others have said I have not seen any glitchiness, with any of my motors on this version.

I find this version of the software to generally be the smoothest I have seen so far. I am currently running it in a TC, SC, Stadium Truck, and an 8th scale buggy. All four upgraded with out a problem.

Hope this helps.

Matt
Happy Me
I unplugged the sensor cable from the speed control and ran the motor in sensorless mode. I then plugged the cable back in and tried again. No more glitching.

Thanx a lot Matt...much appreciated.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Happy Me
I unplugged the sensor cable from the speed control and ran the motor in sensorless mode. I then plugged the cable back in and tried again. No more glitching.

Thanx a lot Matt...much appreciated.
Your welcome. Glad to help.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all,

I am rather new with this great esc and I am trying to understand the CHEAT mode and having to give up a min and max RPM's. I selected 30o and the default RPM settings, but after reading some reactions on this thread, I understand it is betting to change this.

I have a 13.5 turns Graupner motor max 18.200 RPM. Xray T2 and a gear ratio of 7.5. What is de best setting on a medium track for a beginning driver?

tnx

ps sorry for my English (I am dutch)
Old 07-28-2010, 01:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Did anybody do the Kv test already? I did and the result I got for my Speed Passion 13.5R Competition V3.0 was 2817 Kv.

Our stock drivers go around with a 3000Kv, a set with the SP stock ECS. Now it looks like they have the better motor
Old 07-28-2010, 01:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cloudy2010
better motor? are u sure for that??
I'll see if I can get one on to do the test, then we will know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.