Proline Fuel Guns leaking, anyone???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proline Fuel Guns leaking, anyone???

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Proline Fuel Guns leaking, anyone???

All,

Anyone else had a problem with the Proline fuel guns leaking? I have had two of them, and neither one lasted more than a few weeks before they started leaking so bad I couldn't use them.

Can the seals/o-rings be replaced in these guns, or should I just keep fueling from my fuel bottle?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

That is the reason i bought the Losi fuel gun.
No leaks.
I'm sure that you can get a o ring kit for your proline fuel guns, just call proline.
If its leaking from the tip check and make sure that the seal is sitting properly.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

it seems like about every fuel gun i see leaks from somewhere.. if you have a good pitman and a good bottle they are faster anyway
Old 01-27-2009, 05:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jamminnay
it seems like about every fuel gun i see leaks from somewhere.. if you have a good pitman and a good bottle they are faster anyway
+1
Old 01-27-2009, 05:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

if you have a good pitman and a good bottle they are faster anyway
fully agree, however fuel gun makes sure u get full tank everytime. with fuel bottle u got fuel everywhere and sometimes not in the tank and if you are stretching your pit stops every drop of fuel counts.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallot
fully agree, however fuel gun makes sure u get full tank everytime. with fuel bottle u got fuel everywhere and sometimes not in the tank and if you are stretching your pit stops every drop of fuel counts.
yes you are very correct.. most GOOD pitman get you full every time. when pitting for my buddy i did not get him all the way full and he flamed with less then 30 seconds to go in the A.. i felt like an a hole
Old 01-27-2009, 06:28 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Because you are an A hole.
Fuel bottle here as well.

yes you are very correct.. most GOOD pitman get you full every time. when pitting for my buddy i did not get him all the way full and he flamed with less then 30 seconds to go in the A.. i felt like an a hole
Old 01-27-2009, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

i dont agree, the gun makes the stop quick,clean,and full every time and its a great place to put a light. if you ever run outdoor at night or even inside it can be hard to see the fuel level. just my .02 cents
Old 01-27-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Which proline fuel gun do you have. the older brass tip one or the new chrome tip one. I have tried the new one and it seems to work well. Just do not fill it up and leave it full while waiting for the next pit. I think they all will leak some. I like to tell my pit guy to fill it up one lap before I pit
Old 01-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

fuel guns are not made as alternate fuel bottles..most of them leak..i have seen $150 RB fuel guns leak, and $30 Losi fuel guns leak..Your Pit man is supposed to fill em a few minutes before you pit, and only with enough fuel to fill your tank. The Gun I use (Losi) leaks sometimes, and sometimes it dont..but , neither myself nor my Pit man use it to store, or transport fuel...that's not what they are made for. they are made to shave 2 seconds off your pit stops
Old 01-27-2009, 09:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
fuel guns are not made as alternate fuel bottles..most of them leak..i have seen $150 RB fuel guns leak, and $30 Losi fuel guns leak..Your Pit man is supposed to fill em a few minutes before you pit, and only with enough fuel to fill your tank. The Gun I use (Losi) leaks sometimes, and sometimes it dont..but , neither myself nor my Pit man use it to store, or transport fuel...that's not what they are made for. they are made to shave 2 seconds off your pit stops

X2.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

x3
Old 02-12-2009, 11:01 AM
hnl
Tech Rookie

Smile proline fuel gun leak FIX

contact me I have new and better Orings [email protected]
Old 02-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

+ everyone who has bought this gun.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Surprised no one has asked where it is leaking from? Main nozzle, tube ends, nozzle to main body joint? How old are they? Have you called Proline and asked about warranty?

Are you overfilling it, so the level is above the vent tubes when it is tilted slightly? How do you store the gun when not in use? They don't like being thrown around in the bottom of the pit box.

O'rings are available for replacement. If its coming out the vent tubes and not overfilled then you have a crack in one or more of the tubes.

Ed M.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.