Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Input on associated GT2

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 04:30 AM
Tech Adept

Default Input on associated GT2

Looking to get into nitro next year but dont know what kit to buy eathier the factory version or RTR.

Well if I get the factory version what do I all need to buy yet and what should I get if I am going to race it. From the engine to servos and what ever else I need to do this with.

For the RTR version (which is about the same price as the factory one) is this race worthy or would I need to get a better engine and servos?
Old 10-23-2009, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

if you're just driving it around the yard, it's a great truck. Unfortunately, the 1/10 gas truck class is a dying breed. There's just no interest in it anymore.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Not Everywhere! 1/10 scale Nitro is alive and well in Southern Indiana! I still think 1/10 scale is the best form of Nitro racing going. We dust off the trucks every year around this time. They are great for indoor racing all winter long! BTW I drive Losi buggies and truggies, but will never run anything but a GT2 for 1/10.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

I will be racing it 80 percent of the time. Going to be in the mn nitro series and the way it looks they still have plenty of people in this class. Im just curious what to buy. If i can go with the RTR version and do very little with it to make it race worthy I will do that but If I got to change servos engine and body parts I will go with the factory version. and with the factory version I do knot know what all to buy to make it run that what im trying to go for here rtr good or not if not factory then what engine servo and extra stuff would I need to be compitive at racing it.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If you are racing and can afford the difference in price, definetly go with the Team version. I run a Dynamite motor, with a couple of $50 metal gear Hitech servos, (maybe 645's not sure though), and it is great! You might consider the RPM arms as an upgrade later down the road. They really help with durability.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I have a truck for sale that has won multiple races that is a FT GT2, it includes the truck, backup truck, lrp (with less than a gallon), backup lrp (s gallons or so but runs like a champ), mugen onroad starter box setup for truck, bag of tires and multiple parts-probably enough to race an entire season without having to buy much except for a few odds and ends.
Have plenty of pics if interested-priced to sell-$200 shipped