Wiki Posts
Search

Pro-Line Calibers

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Pro-Line Calibers

Anyone running these? With the new VTR rims?
How did they balance how do they stick?

Revolvers?

Do they compare to AKA?
Old 06-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I tried them for the first time at The Nitro Pit last month..They are my new tire of choice for that track.. I went with M3 and mounted them on AE yellow dish rims..They hook up awesome, had very good front traction and enough side bite to keep your line, with no traction roll..They are also directional, so you can run em both ways to give a different feel. Proline has also upgraded their foam, they are now a tighter closed cell, more like the AKA'a but not as firm, which i found to be better..you wont get bouncing, and you wont have to soften your shocks..I would highly recommend them..If you use City blocks I-beams, Bowties, Crimefighters are any combination of those, the Calipers on all 4 tires are better than all of them..At least they were for me, on my home track. Hard packed, high traction, always wet, or moist
Old 06-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by last
Anyone running these? With the new VTR rims?
Revolvers?
Do they compare to AKA?
I tried the M3 VTR revolvers last week and they had a TON of side bite, but not the forward bite as say a soft cityblock. I think on a smoother outdoor track they would be better or awesome indoors. I needed calibers or city's.

Last edited by jpalessi; 06-20-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have a set of M3 Calibers on AKA wheels and like them a lot. Mine balanced ok but not as good as an AKA set. I'm running them the "aggressive" direction and actually like them better on all 4 corners vs Cityblocks and might even agree with Jaz that they are better than the different tire combos he mentioned.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bajaracer1501
I have a set of M3 Calibers on AKA wheels and like them a lot. Mine balanced ok but not as good as an AKA set. I'm running them the "aggressive" direction and actually like them better on all 4 corners vs Cityblocks and might even agree with Jaz that they are better than the different tire combos he mentioned.
M3 is the softest right?
If you are running loamy would XTR be better?
Why does it cost almost as much to shoe my RC car as it does for a set of fronts on my 1:1 honda?
Maybe I should buy a Smart Car and run my used on it.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Lord

I forgot to mention that they did need balancing but not allot, maybe 1/2 gram in 1 spot only..I think XTR are for bashers..try the M2

M3..soft
M2...medium
XTR...concrete
Old 06-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I have a set of m3 revolvers and calibers but I have not had the chance to run them yet. So far I can say this, the new foam is a big improvement, love the buggy style beads of the tire, and little to no balancing is required. I have only run some AKA city blocks on my new truck and they were pretty damn good. it will take some extensive testing for me but I think the VTR's narrower and shorter profile will be a big advantage on a tighter, not so rough surface. I dont how well the smaller tires will handle a blown out surface. Only time will tell.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

We shall see. Just ordered mine.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by last
M3 is the softest right?
If you are running loamy would XTR be better?
Why does it cost almost as much to shoe my RC car as it does for a set of fronts on my 1:1 honda?
Maybe I should buy a Smart Car and run my used on it.
I would think a stiffer pin tire would work better in wet, fluffy loam as the pins wont fold. An M3's pins would probably fold resulting in less bite.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bajaracer1501
the new VTR tires will fit the AKA stye wheels? I thought that the VTR wheels go with the VTR tires? You talking about buggy or truggy?
Old 06-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I forgot to mention that they did need balancing but not allot, maybe 1/2 gram in 1 spot only..I think XTR are for bashers..try the M2

M3..soft
M2...medium
XTR...concrete

The XTR's are a really good compound. You need XTR on a dry blue groove track. I wore out a set of XTR calibers in 3, 5 min heats and a 15 minute main well past the 1st layer of tread. I really like the calibers. For me, they were much better running in the direction of the arrow on the tire.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Lord

Our track is never blue groove, so I never had a need to run XTR. I felt them a few times and damn they were hard. I guess they would be needed in certain situations especially if you want the tires to last..Our track is always wet or moist so M2, or medium is as hard as I need to go..Thanks for the input though
Old 06-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neesh
the new VTR tires will fit the AKA stye wheels? I thought that the VTR wheels go with the VTR tires? You talking about buggy or truggy?
You are correct. I believe the poster was referring to buggy tires.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neesh
Sorry, should have clarified...BUGGY tires are what I was referring to