Wiki Posts
Search

What will Lutz Drive next?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (97%+)

Originally Posted by l3asher
If I had to bet it would be a lower front arm.
i think ur right i was watching him and atondo battle it out it was great when he broke like ten minutes later comes back in the race and worked his way to 6th i think
and yes he was driving the hell out the mbx6t
Old 10-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Frank L
Just wait I Got a buddy at that race that loves to shoot video.
hey frank its lydon there was video shot ime preety shure talked 2 kris and cary got enough fuel for the rest of year thanks alot for passing my order on

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Lutz was checking out of the main today but broke about 10 minutes into the run. Was fun to watch him though, the guy can flat wheel!
thats for shure the harvst was a blast wasnt it u got to love how much air he was getting on that back straight huh
were u pitted in the oval with the ckrc banner
Old 10-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRCRacer25
In all Seriousness now, first off WOW, thank you everyone for the bode of confidence and the positive comments! You make me truly feel like I have made an impact in this hobby and its very gratifying to see!

Before more rumors get started let me clarify some things. :-)
I am regretfully not at they Byrons race this weekend for a couple of reasons.
-My travel arrangements never got made as all this has been transpiring
-I was set to go Wednesday and drive but I can't drive 13 hours by myself ( I fall asleep) and my carpool buddy wasn't able to attend at last minute.
-My little Girl had to have an MRI Thursday (shes doing good)
-Wednesday was my wifes birthday. (Love that woman!)
I have contacted Byrons and expressed my regrettable situation to them and they fully understand. They are a great group of people and I truly hope their event is going well for them this weekend.

I am instead going to attend our local 2 day race this weekend, the Harvest at Rescue R/C. I won't be running my Tamiya cars as they are already cleaned up and ready to be returned. Instead Jason Sams at Car Action was gracious enough to let me run his Mugen Truggy this weekend. (So before rumors of me going to mugen gain more traction, it's just what i've mentioned above) :-)
I won't be running buggy and instead will be helping my brother-in-law and other participants at the event have a successful weekend.

As for where i'm going? I honestly don't know yet. The R/C world is changing and I want to position myself accordingly with those changes. I need to become a more multi-dimensional driver and will be taking that into account. I have now received some contact from perspective sponsors and I can't thank them enough for the helpful hand they are putting out for me. It's going to be a busy couple of days here while I try to race and have some fun and decide what is best for me and my families future!

Again, Thank you all for the support! Keep up the guessing game It's fun to hear all the guesses and thoughts!

-Ryan Lutz

Ryan, Best of luck to a class act of a guy!!! If you have time we need a new gov. here in calif. !! RYAN LUTZ FOR CAILF GOVERNOR !!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
outta curiosity, what did he break on the 6T ?
It was the stock rear hub carrier
Old 10-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I wondered what he broke in the main.

Wish you guys could have been there to see what happened after he broke. Very calmly walked off the stand and went back to his pit and fixed the part and then came back out to finish out the main. He did so without any yelling or complaining. Just went and did his thing like it was no big deal. Makes it hard not to like a racer like that.

If you guys have not seen Ryan drive in person, you are missing out. Flat Wheel is not even close. He takes lines that most raceres wouldn't even attempt and makes it look easy, almost effortless. I asked him how he does that and got "it's because I know how to crash." No way I can even hang with that. I'd love to say that I have got to "race" with him and some of the other "Pro" guys in the Nor cal area, but I mearly share the track with them. If anything I am more of a moving obstacle on the track with them that gets lapped just about everyother lap. LOL.

At any rate, he sure looked good with that barrowed Truggy. I'm sure where he decides to go will be the best move for him and his family. I bet many people wish they could be the "Free Agent" that Ryan is right now. I'm not sure if I'd want to be in that position, but I bet it's nice for him to see that his abilities have not gone unoticed. Class act all the way.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Hey James did you at last make it to the mains this year? Not another repeat performance was it??
Old 10-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing

Wish you guys could have been there to see what happened after he broke. Very calmly walked off the stand and went back to his pit and fixed the part and then came back out to finish out the main. He did so without any yelling or complaining. Just went and did his thing like it was no big deal. Makes it hard not to like a racer like that.
i saw him do that i think twice at the 09 PNB, he just took his time and wasnt in a big rush, and then he went out and started pulling back flips while still absolutely flying.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'd love to see him on the wheel of a new O'Donnell... D E A D L Y
Old 10-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Frank,

Yeah I made it, unlike you this year. There I was waiting to see the new mills, but no. Your boys said that you weren't going to make it. I guess you stayed on the porch knitting with Grandma as Doggie would say. Heard you had some charity event. You could have showed up and given me one of those new "Speed's" of yours and that would have counted as a charity event. LOl
Old 10-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Jmax,

Like I said, Ryan is a class act all the way. I think it's just the way he is. I'm sure things bother him, but you'd almost never know it. Kind of humbles you when you see a guy keep his cool on the Driver's Stand and here you are about to blow a gasket because of a bad marshalling or bad race.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by newuserlosi8t
were u pitted in the oval with the ckrc banner
Yup
Old 10-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I just wanted to add my .02. I have 2 boys and find it very difficult to teach them how to behave on the drivers stand and general sportmanship. There are many examples of how not to behave. Ryan is an awesome ambassador for our sport and a great example to young drivers and us old guys too! Some would say that this weekend could have been an exception since there was no factory pressure but I've witnessed this type of behavior from Ryan on a couple of occasions. I personally learned about cornering an 1/8 scale car from the front and rear end, not the flywheel at Ryan's expense. Even then in the thick of a battle his behavior was calm and cool. While many of us hope that Ryan will choose 'our brand', truth is I just hope that he finds something that can allow him to succeed even more than he already has. The decision ahead is a difficult one for sure but no matter what the choice I have already picked my favorite for any large race such as the world's. Ryan pit for my son as I was in the same race and I can't say thanks enough, how great it was for us to have his help and expertise.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ryan is also the best Pro driver marshal you will see on the track, with his 6' long legs he can fly across the track faster then anyone have you back on your wheels.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by donrod
Ryan is also the best Pro driver marshal you will see on the track, with his 6' long legs he can fly across the track faster then anyone have you back on your wheels.
+1 he is on it and fast just as fast as he drives all around great guy on and off the track
Old 10-05-2010, 09:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Babygrand48
I just wanted to add my .02. I have 2 boys and find it very difficult to teach them how to behave on the drivers stand and general sportmanship. There are many examples of how not to behave. Ryan is an awesome ambassador for our sport and a great example to young drivers and us old guys too! Some would say that this weekend could have been an exception since there was no factory pressure but I've witnessed this type of behavior from Ryan on a couple of occasions. I personally learned about cornering an 1/8 scale car from the front and rear end, not the flywheel at Ryan's expense. Even then in the thick of a battle his behavior was calm and cool. While many of us hope that Ryan will choose 'our brand', truth is I just hope that he finds something that can allow him to succeed even more than he already has. The decision ahead is a difficult one for sure but no matter what the choice I have already picked my favorite for any large race such as the world's. Ryan pit for my son as I was in the same race and I can't say thanks enough, how great it was for us to have his help and expertise.

SO true! These r/c drivers sometimes forget they represent a company whose market is mostly kids. These kids need a great example to follow and Ryan is one of the few

I have seen team drivers punch holes in the driver stand, very scary that our kids could see this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.