Wiki Posts
Search

Things you hear from your Pitman

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cyberacer
LMFAO! I hate to laugh at you Ty, but I did the same thing when I first started racing. My pit man actually came up on the stand and told me that I wasn't driving the car that I thought I was. Mine was off the track, doing donuts in the weeds.

Good times....
Man I about busted my gut laughing at these storys!
One of mine I was pitting for a friend and he broke in warm up. We ran back and fixed it and he went up drivers stand while I was going to put car on track and I noticed something else was going to brake but we couldn't fix it quick enough so I threw him out and told him to drive it like a Fing egg!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

oh got another one that everyone liked lol!
I can't remember if it was in St. Louis or not but I know we were 20 minutes into and 30 minute main and my pit man Yells J-mac calm down easy on the gas. I said Sh#t I can't help it my fingers getting heavy!LOl I think everyone on the drivers stand laughed.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

"Breathe Cade, breathe!"
Old 03-14-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

During a 30 min amain with 2 minutes to go my drivers car flames the lane across from pit lane. So I ran across the front striaght befor the marshal even knew what happened, and threw the car back to a buddy who was also pitting for someone. He started the car and sent it out right as I got there. I asked him Did you by chance out fuel in it? Other pit guy "aaahh l, no why?" Me "why do you think he flamed" other pit guy "ah oh... Think he can do 30 seconds on fumes?" lol the driver flamed right as he crossed the timed out loop while battling for 2nd.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -R2-
We have a ROOKIE in that house. Funny but hold your buddies car till he gets back on the stand please or we're all screaming RUNAWAY!!!!

Talk about rookie....was at motorama a few years back...my frist real race in about 20 years...at the start "my knees shaking"....4th in line...the starter flags to ...go...my pitman...his first time ever at a race...still holding on to my buggy ...looking at the starter...as the rest of the buggys go by... im yelling to him...... LET IT GO!.......LET IT GO!....the starter tells him...let the damn thing go! Asked him why he kept hold of it?....his reply was...the started never pointed at me...to tell me to go.....the starter was pointing at others to get them to chill...before he drops the flag
Old 03-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by manson98
oh got another one that everyone liked lol!
I can't remember if it was in St. Louis or not but I know we were 20 minutes into and 30 minute main and my pit man Yells J-mac calm down easy on the gas. I said Sh#t I can't help it my fingers getting heavy!LOl I think everyone on the drivers stand laughed.
LMAO
Old 03-14-2012, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

pitman - "I think you're a little fat"
driver- "lets talk about that after the race"
Old 03-14-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Me- Im fat on the bottom

Pitman- na you fat in the middle lol

Me- shut up and lean the bottom out

Pitman- HAHA
Old 03-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

If anyone was in the pits or on the stand for the Open buggy A main at this years Nitro Challenge probably heard this exchange:

Driver: What position am I in?

Me: Don't worry about it! Shut up and drive!

2 min later:

Me: Shut up and drive!

At the 31 min mark:

Me: Those two in front of you are for position!

Driver: Shut up and fuel me up!

That was a first for me.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cyberacer
If anyone was in the pits or on the stand for the Open buggy A main at this years Nitro Challenge probably heard this exchange:

Me: Don't worry about it! Shut up and drive!

2 min later:

Me: Shut up and drive!

At the 31 min mark:

Me: Those two in front of you are for position!

Driver: Shut up and fuel me up!

That was a first for me.
I was and it was so loud on that driver's stand, it was nuts. Everyone's pit guy was yelling at them to "BE SMOOTH!" "TAKE IT EASY" "IT'S A LONG RACE!" it was tough to really understand anything...I just zoned out. There was one in particular that stuck out in my mind - Brent Thielke yelling up at Danny "THE LEADER JUST FLAMED OUT!!" And I was thinking...no I didn't lol!

One of my favorites though, was at JBRL Nitro at Hot Rod - the pits are away from the driver's stand. My Dad's pitting for me, has someone come over and tell me to pit, so I bring my car into the pits, and my Dad's just chilling with the fuel gun, watching the cars on the track while mine's sitting right below him. I try to rev it to get his attention, and then he notices it but I'm blipping the throttle so every time he reaches down to pick it up, I blip it just out of his reach. Pure comedy - we had a great laugh after the race on that one!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OWWWWWWWWW YOU SON OF A ... OR
MY HANDS STUCK, YOU SON OF ... OR
I DIDN'T MEAN TO THROW IT ON IT'S LID ON THE WAY OUT, YOU MEAN IT CAN'T RUN LIKE THAT OR
WHERE DOES THE FUEL GO AGAIN OR
OWWWWWW THE ENGINE JUST STOPPED RUNNING, HOW DO I START THIS THING AGAIN? I HAVE TO USE THE, WHAT? As he was grabbing his hand after burning it on the exhaust which caused it to stall and then putting it on the bump box backwards not once, not twice but yes three times even with help. And my nephew was my pitman for that race, he said alot of other stuff (by the way he was 18 years old at the time) he practiced pitting for me during practices (20 of them he attended with me) so the stuff that happened wouldn't happen. My sister with no r/c experience came down to pit for me and I showed her during the practice before the qualies what to do and never had any problems pitting for me and she didn't frustrate me at all. She even adjusted my high speed needle for me and I never yelled at her either. I don't drive that great because of my accident but letting my nephew pit for me made things a thousand times worse and I never yelled at him either as mad as I was but I had fun getting bugged about it afterwards and so did my nephew.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here's one.
Before the race even starts.
Me: I'm starting in fifth.
Pitman: ok
He goes out and walks to 8th.
Me: I'm fifth!
He walks to 7th
Me: Fifth!!!
He walks to 3rd
Me: FIFTH! FIFTHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me: holding up five fingers and he finally gets it.

This seems to happen every other race weekend. I swear that dude can't count.
But, then again he's a bottom of the barrell Pitman.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Oh man

Lean the bottom..

looks for screwdriver......................

Ok, race started could you put the car down now and let me go. race is starting.....

Coming in for fuel, please fill it up, anyday now.... Yes that's the fuel bottle...

It flamed, it flamed, go get it,yes, go get it, ok please go get it...

Sorry I didn't see it sitting right there...I was watching the other CARS...

Ok I'm coming in, where are you, where are you, I need fuel, hello...
Old 03-14-2012, 11:43 PM
Tech Rookie

My very first race.. (Not long ago)..
I was so intent on running and not crashing I couldnt hear anything.. Race was over and I was still on the track - I was making time!!! - My pitman came up and stood next to me and told me to bring it in, the race was over 3 laps ago..

Last edited by Chummin; 03-15-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Lots of good laughs, Gaffney that's funny with your dad, can he guest pit for me?

I also like the one Breath!!!

Mine is more Dammit!!! Blink your F-in eyes.

Self controled runaways are classic

And if your pitman has to up to you a call you to come in, you got problems. Maybe you can switch during the race and call yourself in for fuel.

I have not heard "Your tire is gonna blow an insert", I've lots of those.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.