Like Tree13Likes

Murnan Modified Motors

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default mega .21 dsII

Hi Uriah
have you done any mods to the mega .21 dsII ?

i just got one of these engines and im yet to run it, i just wanna see what type of power increases this engine can do with mods

thanks
John
Old 08-23-2006, 07:00 AM
Tech Adept

Default Difference between plugs

Can some one explain the difference in using a Turbo C" glow plug very cold C8 TGC Novarossi and Turbo F" glow plug extra cold C8 TGF Novarossi and the difference between a short and long plug.

In Panamá we a have a very hummed and hot weather, 80 to 90% humidity and 28 to 34 degree.

Thanks

RCPANAMA
Old 08-23-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grinder
I will test the Xenon R this weekend. From the looks of it, I like it. The internals remind me of an RB Novarossi crankshaft with a Sirio twist. The piston/sleeve are both aluminum, and very nice. The rod looks like Novarossi (Heavy Duty).
I am sure the engine will be fast. I will run it this weekend and let you know. Have you tested one yet?
Glad to hear from ya! We have a few Matrix R prototypes arriving next week - RB's personal stash from the euros These protypes will be different from the production model so I have doubts if I'm gonna run mine (will just keep it) We will test one for the shop. Let you know how it goes..
Old 08-29-2006, 01:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Default XenonR

I will test the Xenon R this weekend
Are there any results Uriah?? Did you test different pipe combinations too??

Have you tested one yet?
YES,YES,YES...it's the engine of my choice for the rest of the year and 2007...
I raced it first at the german champs...a high speed track...and it is fast
Fuel consumption is very low...the huger the track, the better the runtime compared to other top-engines...
Carb setup is quite easy...
I used the JP2031 with 41016 mainfold (middle)...and will get the new 2013 incl. conical mainfold next week...

MADDIN
Old 08-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcpanama
Can some one explain the difference in using a Turbo C" glow plug very cold C8 TGC Novarossi and Turbo F" glow plug extra cold C8 TGF Novarossi and the difference between a short and long plug.

In Panamá we a have a very hummed and hot weather, 80 to 90% humidity and 28 to 34 degree.

Thanks

RCPANAMA
F= Freddo(cold)
C=Caldo (hot)

http://www.rbproducts.com/mainEn.php...ght%20glowplug
Old 08-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Maddin21
Are there any results Uriah?? Did you test different pipe combinations too??

YES,YES,YES...it's the engine of my choice for the rest of the year and 2007...
I raced it first at the german champs...a high speed track...and it is fast
Fuel consumption is very low...the huger the track, the better the runtime compared to other top-engines...
Carb setup is quite easy...
I used the JP2031 with 41016 mainfold (middle)...and will get the new 2013 incl. conical mainfold next week...

MADDIN
Hi. Yes I ran the Xenon R this past weekend. The engine is fast.
Fuel consumption is also great!
I initially tried the engine with a Novarossi 2052 with long conical. With this combo the engine was fast.
I tried the Sirio 2013 pipe and conical header combo, and WOW. This combo made the engine really wake up.
I made a few modification to the engine after initial testing, and the mods made the engine faster, and gave it a much angrier note.
I will have a review of the engine and the performance before and after the modification on my website by the end of the week. Stay tuned.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Tech Initiate

I will have a review of the engine and the performance before and after the modification on my website by the end of the week. Stay tuned.
...puuhhh, three more days...

The 2013 in non-conical version was tested by a team-mate, but he was not happy with that...but the conical version really seems to work!! I heard that several times... I orderd two...you never know...HAHA

My XenonR loves to be rich low-end...but there is only a small step to be too rich...maybe a hotter plug will solve that...

---MADDIN--
Old 08-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Maddin21
...puuhhh, three more days...

The 2013 in non-conical version was tested by a team-mate, but he was not happy with that...but the conical version really seems to work!! I heard that several times... I orderd two...you never know...HAHA

My XenonR loves to be rich low-end...but there is only a small step to be too rich...maybe a hotter plug will solve that...

---MADDIN--
Yes, a few more days. hehe
Great input Maddin21 keep it coming. 2 minds are better than one! I too found that the low end is sensative to being too rich, or not. I kept leaning the bottom, until I got rid of that low end rich bog off of some of the corners. After I got the engine fully broken in and leaned, no more rich bog. Good idea to get 2 of those pipes. I also like this pipe with the Nova +35. I just hate when your favorite pipe gets smashed, and it's the only one.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:37 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fsturbo15
The numbers and characters on the plugs, are the product number, wire thickness, and thermal range of the plug’s body. Example: The Novarossi C6TG (F) or (C)
Product: C (Conical)
Wire Thickness: 6
Plug Type: T (Turbo)
Plated: G (Gold)
Thermal Range: F (Fredda = Cold) C (Calda = Hot)

The plugs with cold thermal range F (Fredda), have a body with thinner walls and shorter body, so they dissipate heat better and faster to the engine head. The plugs with hot thermal range C (Calda), have a body with thicker walls and longer body, so they dissipate heat better and faster to the engine head. The number of threads is the same on both types of plugs.

How to select the proper plug:
·When the ambient temperature is high, we have to use a plug with thicker wire.
·With higher compression, we have to use a plug with thicker wire.
·Humidity determines if we use a Cold (F) thermal range, or Hot (C) thermal range.
·With high humidity percentage we should use a Hot (C) thermal range plug.
·If we have high temperature and high humidity, we should use a plug with thick wire and a Hot(C) thermal range.

AFM
Old 08-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

is the xenon faster then the 35 plus
Old 08-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey Grinder did you get to check out the performance of the DSII on Sunday that Winner's Circle was running? If so what did you think?
Old 08-29-2006, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

I have to tell everyone my murnan mega .12 is a absolute rocket. Great fuel mileage and almost too much power. The man is an artist.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by afm
The numbers and characters on the plugs, are the product number, wire thickness, and thermal range of the plug’s body. Example: The Novarossi C6TG (F) or (C)
Product: C (Conical)
Wire Thickness: 6
Plug Type: T (Turbo)
Plated: G (Gold)
Thermal Range: F (Fredda = Cold) C (Calda = Hot)

The plugs with cold thermal range F (Fredda), have a body with thinner walls and shorter body, so they dissipate heat better and faster to the engine head. The plugs with hot thermal range C (Calda), have a body with thicker walls and longer body, so they dissipate heat better and faster to the engine head. The number of threads is the same on both types of plugs.

How to select the proper plug:
·When the ambient temperature is high, we have to use a plug with thicker wire.
·With higher compression, we have to use a plug with thicker wire.
·Humidity determines if we use a Cold (F) thermal range, or Hot (C) thermal range.
·With high humidity percentage we should use a Hot (C) thermal range plug.
·If we have high temperature and high humidity, we should use a plug with thick wire and a Hot(C) thermal range.

AFM
Thanks AFM. Perfect!
Old 08-30-2006, 05:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mugendude
is the xenon faster then the 35 plus
Old 08-30-2006, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Hey Grinder did you get to check out the performance of the DSII on Sunday that Winner's Circle was running? If so what did you think?
I did see the engine running. Looks pretty good for a stock engine.
Not sure which pipe he was using though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.