Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

http://www.buggies.it/portal/archives/1797
Can somebody confirm the news?
Old 11-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My LHS has told me early December since august.....
But thats i sweden tho..
Old 11-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Called HRP today and they said in some stores in the states late next week.

I also e-mailed TD yesterday and they said it was still looking like late November. I will copy and past the e-mail below.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your interest in Team Durango products. I have seen the
thread on RCtech, I think Ryan has now posted more information on this
thread.

During our long-term testing we have not seen an issue with servos in
the DNX408. As you are probably aware we have been testing the DNX408
for a long time now. What happened with Ryan's servos at the Worlds need
to be investigated by KO, we cannot comment on this.

We are still on schedule to release the DNX408 at the end of November
(just), please look out for the buggy in stock at your local dealer in
the very near future.

Kind regards,

www.team-durango.com

So I dunno, different people saying different things. Hopefully that site is wrong.

Someone else call HRP or e-mail TD and see what they say.

Last edited by ironpeddler; 11-19-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sirio76
http://www.buggies.it/portal/archives/1797
Can somebody confirm the news?
No such word from the other principal RC news sites.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ironpeddler
Called HRP today and they said in some stores in the states late next week.

I also e-mailed TD yesterday and they said it was still looking like late November. I will copy and past the e-mail below.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your interest in Team Durango products. I have seen the
thread on RCtech, I think Ryan has now posted more information on this
thread.

During our long-term testing we have not seen an issue with servos in
the DNX408. As you are probably aware we have been testing the DNX408
for a long time now. What happened with Ryan's servos at the Worlds need
to be investigated by KO, we cannot comment on this.

We are still on schedule to release the DNX408 at the end of November
(just), please look out for the buggy in stock at your local dealer in
the very near future.

Kind regards,

www.team-durango.com

So I dunno, different people saying different things. Hopefully that site is wrong.

Someone else call HRP or e-mail TD and see what they say.
I spoke with the guys from HRP at IHOBBY Show they told me that there on target for end of NOV and the 1st of DEC for the release of the 408
Old 11-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

By Lutz:-I still need to send my 2 servos that I had issues with back to KO to see what exactly happened. I don't think it's fair to pass judgement yet with how tough that track was and the problems every manufacturer was having. I ran the entire R/C Pro Finals on a completely blown out track without issue so again, more information needs to be examined.

Totally agree.

In my opinion and you can take it for what it's worth I really really am excited about this car. It is the best looking car out there and it thoroughly impressed me all week. I was able to pilot it to many of the fastest lap-times
of the entire week and the durability of the car was astounding! People from other companies were laying mention to me at how they couldn't believe it wasn't breaking during some of the crashes I had. For those that weren't there, I know you've heard a million times how hard the track was but if you weren't there you just can't comprehend how horrific the crashes really were.

He is right on!

I hate to say this but the spur/clutchbell issue mentioned was absolutely user error in some way. Engines just don't come loose time after time.....

Agree with Lutz again. The way I locked the screws is not good enuf for this track. The problems I had was very frustrating but I agree that it was due to the way I locked down the screws.

What I can say is that what Kevin has told you and what Hupo has done in testing is absolutely true. They haven't had any issue with the servos. But when the car gets in more hands and on more tracks you will see if things pop up and if there is something that needs addressed. What I can say is this, while the servo incident was pretty isolated at the worlds it has not gone unnoticed by Durango. I can honestly say I have never worked for a company who is so serious about racing and serious about making the top of the line product that racers want. If an issue presents itself you can rest assured that Durango will rectify any issue in a timely manner. I'm so excited to race for this company and I can't wait to get some more stick time with the cars and show what they are truly capable of.

The Team was very proffesional at the Worlds. Pleasure meeting the team.

If you have doubts about the car then by all means, wait a bit and see how the first people to get the car respond. What I can guarantee though is that you will eventually get the DNX408 anyways because it simply is an awesome machine and performs awesome on the track!

He drove with so much speed its unbelievable. Totally opposite with Lutz character. Hats off to this guy. To me he is faster than most in the grand final that day. Really. Team Durango couldn't have picked a better guy.

I appologize to Team Durango for the comments I made. I only got to test the prototype car for 2 days and then it was the Worlds. This team is good and they are very serious and commited to make Durango the best.

I always forget to mention Hupo. He is such a quiet n nice guy as well. Thanks for all your help and advise at the Worlds man. All the Durango Team Members were eager to help out when I needed it. I hope when our new RM6 million Malaysia RC Town is ready next April, the Durango Team can make its way here. 1 of the RC Pro Series should be in Malaysia as well.

Last edited by jets; 11-20-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Wondering if the battery could be moved to the front like some of the other cars are doing? Not that it needs to have the battery up front. Just asking a question. This is one sweet looking car.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Thanks Ryan was this a prototype braking system being test its a different version from your Worlds kit has Durango opted to go back to a traditional system?

Attachment 669121
That is a prototype braking system, I can't comment on it except that Hupo and Gerd have been testing stuff. It's what this company is all about!

Well it was worth a shot go get them Ryan make sure you push for a truggy I know buggy is still not released but having a big brother is IMPORTANT!!
Old 11-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What shape battery fits in the durango Is it a hump or flat pack
Old 11-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Flat pack by default
Old 11-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Ryan, thank you very much for your reply and it certainly clean up some urban legend!

We were sitting close to the computer with the F5 key press million times to try to get more information on you and Team Durango during the World Championship, congratulation on your good showing by posted the 3 fastest lap in 3 qualifies! I guess this is a testimony on your skill level!

With the car being so new, and not much setting reference let alone on a track that can drive a pro crazy, I honestly think you have already made TD proud. Thank you to you and all the guys in TD for trying so hard to give us some great products and best of luck next time out! All the best!
Old 11-20-2010, 12:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default Fast enough to win

Ryan,

Everyone at Team Durango is proud of you. Only third time with the car, but fast enough to win, super fast even when taking it easy. Great work.

It was nice to see top drivers sniffing around the TD pit area clearly worried about your pace

Well done to Cody, but next time here we come

JasonD
Team Durango

Last edited by TeamDurango; 11-20-2010 at 02:53 AM.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TeamDurango
Ryan,

Everyone at Team Durango is proud of you. Only third time with the car, but fast enough to win, super fast even when taking it easy. Great work.

It was nice to see top drivers sniffing around the TD pit area clearly worried about your place

Well done to Cody, but next time here we come

JasonD
Team Durango
Hi Jason, and welcome to rctech
It'good to see that somebody from TD is visiting this forum! We all know that Ryan was very fast, I'm sure next time result will be much better.
I'm really interested in your product, and I hope to get my DNX408 as soon as possible, can you confirm the release date? An what about the DEX408? I've not see any more news from the announcement... what will be the timeframe for the release of the EP version?
Thanks
Old 11-20-2010, 02:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
Unfortunately I don't see it happening in the near future. 7 hour drive for me currently and the rest of my year through January is pretty stacked with stuff to do already! I'm sure some people will pick it up and you'll be able to check one out at the track.
OH I didn't know that lol...well I am sure I'll see you one of these days..
Old 11-20-2010, 02:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by captain america
No such word from the other principal RC news sites.
Hi, I want to explain Buggies.it news, we waited the car to be in Italy a week before of the USA market, but Team Durango had a slight delay in production and now like Team Durango said we will receive the cars like other cauntries so end of November/early December.

I think that Buggies.it News regards mostly the Italian market...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.