Search
Like Tree125Likes

CTS - California Touring Series

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 11:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I would be there if I could Lex Maybe I'll get lucky and be in town for work over one of the weekends. I hope everything goes well. Series looks bomb.com.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Gotta step my A-game up for this series.... Thanks for putting this on. Looking forward to having some fun
Old 12-30-2015, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Default CTS-California Touring Series

All good Jimmy D hope you can compete in some of the races.

The series should be fun.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:42 PM
Suspended

Looks good. I started a series in Texas (TEOS) going on 5 years now. It's had it ups and downs. Keep your head up when people start complaining and be careful who you listen to.

The hardest part of running a series here is getting racers to travel from their local track. With the size of the US, it will be tough to make it a nation wide series like ETS.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Looks good. I started a series in Texas (TEOS) going on 5 years now. It's had it ups and downs. Keep your head up when people start complaining and be careful who you listen to.

The hardest part of running a series here is getting racers to travel from their local track. With the size of the US, it will be tough to make it a nation wide series like ETS.
Chris that's great! My vision is to promote Electric On Road here in Cali and slowly work across the US. Me and my friends would are down to travel and race out your way and somewhere in the future collaborate a series together. What's your website or track info? I'd love to check it out.
Old 12-31-2015, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Food for thought: I think it's strange that it's called "California Touring Series" when all the tracks yous selected are basically in Northern California. IMHO if you want more attention then it would have been better to schedule 3 races in Northern California and 3 races in Southern California. You gotta spread the love, expecting Southern Cali guys to drive up there each time and yall not come down here to visit is just a bit rude
Old 12-31-2015, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Food for thought: I think it's strange that it's called "California Touring Series" when all the tracks yous selected are basically in Northern California. IMHO if you want more attention then it would have been better to schedule 3 races in Northern California and 3 races in Southern California. You gotta spread the love, expecting Southern Cali guys to drive up there each time and yall not come down here to visit is just a bit rude
Wuttup Fred! Thanks for your opinion as I highly respect it. I started this series with the tracks up here because a lot of tracks have been starving for recognition they deserve. No pun intended, but my goal is to include SoCal tracks in the future maybe even as soon as late next year like a 2016/17 series as long as the CTS is successful and it's going to take a lot of hard work. So far I spoke with Charlie for Cal Tracks and he's down to collaborate, I reached out to Fred Medel for the Tamiya Track just waiting to hear back. So your "Food For Thought" is a blessing in disguise. If you can be the ambassador for TQ Hobbies and introduce me to the track owner for permission, that would complete the 3 tracks in SoCal that I'm targeting. Plus your SoCal boys told me they were tired of gettin beat by Fred Hubbard 😉 Well don't forget we missed you at the Carpet Showdown at Stockton. We would of been happy if you showed up. I told Clint and the rest of BN Racing crew you were planning to race. But I'm going to make it out to your track and make this one big Cali effort. One Love Big Dog and Happy New Year to you and the rest of the SoCal crew. 2016 here we come.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lex Tyler
Wuttup Fred! Thanks for your opinion as I highly respect it. I started this series with the tracks up here because a lot of tracks have been starving for recognition they deserve. No pun intended, but my goal is to include SoCal tracks in the future maybe even as soon as late next year like a 2016/17 series as long as the CTS is successful and it's going to take a lot of hard work. So far I spoke with Charlie for Cal Tracks and he's down to collaborate, I reached out to Fred Medel for the Tamiya Track just waiting to hear back. So your "Food For Thought" is a blessing in disguise. If you can be the ambassador for TQ Hobbies and introduce me to the track owner for permission, that would complete the 3 tracks in SoCal that I'm targeting. Plus your SoCal boys told me they were tired of gettin beat by Fred Hubbard �� Well don't forget we missed you at the Carpet Showdown at Stockton. We would of been happy if you showed up. I told Clint and the rest of BN Racing crew you were planning to race. But I'm going to make it out to your track and make this one big Cali effort. One Love Big Dog and Happy New Year to you and the rest of the SoCal crew. 2016 here we come.
That's great to here, yeah we have Tamiya, TQ and Ventura RoadRunners in Camarillo. Sean at TQ is always extremely open and accomodating to series type races as well as the other tracks I mentioned. Yeah I would have been great to come race with yall at the Showdown but it wasn't in the "cards" for that time. See ya soon Lex! BN!!!!
Old 12-31-2015, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Looks like I have another excuse to visit California for racing . I'll try my best to attend at least one event.

Forgive me for being lazy and not reading if its somewhere in the thread, but these are generally one day events? Or is it intended to be spread between Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Thanks!
Old 12-31-2015, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Looks like I have another excuse to visit California for racing . I'll try my best to attend at least one event.

Forgive me for being lazy and not reading if its somewhere in the thread, but these are generally one day events? Or is it intended to be spread between Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Thanks!
Korey,

It's going to be a one day race event but the day before is open practice to all who want to participate. See you soon and keep you posted if anything else comes up. If you look at the dates on the flier, the track logo is next to it. Let me know if you have any more questions.

LT
Old 12-31-2015, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
That's great to here, yeah we have Tamiya, TQ and Ventura RoadRunners in Camarillo. Sean at TQ is always extremely open and accomodating to series type races as well as the other tracks I mentioned. Yeah I would have been great to come race with yall at the Showdown but it wasn't in the "cards" for that time. See ya soon Lex! BN!!!!
Right on Fred. I got plans for the next series already cookin'

LT
Old 12-31-2015, 12:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Good luck with the series. I will poke my head in and out of on road every now and then. All off road these days 😆
Old 12-31-2015, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Good luck with the series. I will poke my head in and out of on road every now and then. All off road these days 😆
Right on Clint! It would be nice for you to show up and call some races. Always funny on the mic
Old 12-31-2015, 01:38 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lex Tyler
Chris that's great! My vision is to promote Electric On Road here in Cali and slowly work across the US. Me and my friends would are down to travel and race out your way and somewhere in the future collaborate a series together. What's your website or track info? I'd love to check it out.
I coordinate most info over on rcfiles.net. It's a Texas forum. We have a website TexasEOS.net but I'm not very efficient at using the interface so I don't update it as often as I would like. We have a fb as well which is the easiest way to get the word out to all of my racers.

The one day events imo are the way to go. We allow the tracks to do a "club" race the day before. Allows people that can't get both days off on the weekend to attend and the track makes money where they would lose it from people traveling on other series dates.

Yea, I'm down to help set something up if it looks viable.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
I coordinate most info over on rcfiles.net. It's a Texas forum. We have a website TexasEOS.net but I'm not very efficient at using the interface so I don't update it as often as I would like. We have a fb as well which is the easiest way to get the word out to all of my racers.

The one day events imo are the way to go. We allow the tracks to do a "club" race the day before. Allows people that can't get both days off on the weekend to attend and the track makes money where they would lose it from people traveling on other series dates.

Yea, I'm down to help set something up if it looks viable.
I checked out the website it's pretty informative. I will definitely make an effort to come out that way. I've always wanted to go to Houston.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.