Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Any location for 2015 Fuel OnRoad Nationals? >

Any location for 2015 Fuel OnRoad Nationals?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any location for 2015 Fuel OnRoad Nationals?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
Hopefully sometime soon Timezone will be able to hold Nats as long as it is late August or early September. Summer is the ONLY time we can race.
Wherever the Nationals end up I will always try to go if I can afford to. But I would love to see them at Timezone sometime soon
Old 01-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sheeley
Wherever the Nationals end up I will always try to go if I can afford to. But I would love to see them at Timezone sometime soon
Roar Sucks!!!!!
Old 01-08-2015, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

If you are making a decision to go based on the idea of making (or not making) the A-main you are doing this for the wrong reason. Go because you enjoy racing RC cars.
Besides that, if I can make the A-main at the Nats then ANYBODY can do it! The only guarantee is you won't make the main if you don't enter the race.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gotmotor
Roar Sucks!!!!!
I think the number of people able to attend the race and the number of tracks willing to hold the race sucks.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Allegedly, ROAR does not give the tracks enough of the profit for it to be worth it for the track. I've heard that the track spends more than it earns when hosting
a Nationals.

Allegedly, ROAR sets the amount that it's going to give and that's final!
I've never heard of renting a place and setting the amount of rent you are going to pay
and that's that... I always understood that Landlord sets the rent and the tenant pays the set price or rents somewhere else.

ROAR needs to open the books on how much rent they are paying to the tracks at the Nationals. We do have the right to know since they are RENTING tracks on our behalf.

Last edited by Pooh2; 01-09-2015 at 04:12 AM.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pooh2
Allegedly, ROAR does not give the tracks enough of the profit for it to be worth it for the track. I've heard that the track spends more than it earns when hosting
a Nationals.

Allegedly, ROAR sets the amount that it's going to give and that's final!
I've never heard of renting a place and setting the amount of rent you are going to pay
and that's that... I always understood that Landlord sets the rent and the tenant pays the set price or rents somewhere else.

ROAR needs to open the books on how much rent they are paying to the tracks at the Nationals. We do have the right to know since they are RENTING tracks on our behalf.
What he said. The only way it changes is a very very large turnout. Which is why if you see a track owner charge for things you would normally think free at a ROAR race you know why. So don't blame them look at ROAR.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I heard the nats might be held in virginia at the nascar track there looking to set up a temporary track and have the race the same week that nascar has a big event there so they can gain a lot more attention to rc racing.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
I heard the nats might be held in virginia at the nascar track there looking to set up a temporary track and have the race the same week that nascar has a big event there so they can gain a lot more attention to rc racing.
That wouldn't be a bad idea. I still wonder how much ROAR will charge NASCAR... lol
Old 01-09-2015, 06:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you are really interested in knowing how muçh ROAR rents the track for it is on the website under national guidelines. Then you will see why nobody has been beating down the door to host a race.

Steve Pendergraph
Old 01-09-2015, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You get $1500 unless it is over 125 entries, then you get an extra $1000.
Then you need to have at the least shirts to give away or to sell plus all of the other stuff you need to provide for them.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Then you need to have at the least shirts to give away or to sell plus all of the other stuff you need to provide for them.
That sucks!!! They don't even adjust for Inflation... lol

I believe ROAR can do better than that. Time to sit at the table and make some changes.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Let's not forget the extra staff they require for the facility to have. So you are crossing your fingers you can find volunteers.

Quick what's 100 times 85? Did everyone get 8500? So why would a track only get 1500? I would say 100 entries is pretty common or in the ballpark.

This works in off-road cause you can make gate sales with tires, motors, spares etc. As most have on site hobby shops. But if you run foams what percentage buy from the host track? The structure works for off-road somewhat.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
That was back in October Ralph and the track did not bid for it
ROAR was trying organize it on there own great idea but a lot more to it than an idea
Old 01-09-2015, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
Let's not forget the extra staff they require for the facility to have. So you are crossing your fingers you can find volunteers.

Quick what's 100 times 85? Did everyone get 8500? So why would a track only get 1500? I would say 100 entries is pretty common or in the ballpark.

This works in off-road cause you can make gate sales with tires, motors, spares etc. As most have on site hobby shops. But if you run foams what percentage buy from the host track? The structure works for off-road somewhat.
If there was spec tires for all classes, then you could make some money but we are a long way from that.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In 2013, Southern California was the site host for the Nationals. Approximately $14,000 US was generated, $2500 was earned by the host and it took several months to receive the payment.

In fact, this used to be the reverse. There was a time when Roar was paid $3000 and the rest of the profits went to the host club or track. Why? The system was set up to self sustain itself. In other words, the money generated at a nationals would allow a host club or track to reinvest back into themselves, back into the sport, back to the racers.

There has been, as far as I can see, no justification for where all the extra revenue goes. Roar provides a limited secondary insurance which ultimately is what you are paying for when you sign up for Roar. The insurance only covers you at an event where everyone else is a Roar member otherwise ALL insurance is null and void. But aside from the insurance what else does Roar provide? As far as I can tell, just a name. A name that is attached to the word "Nationals" that is supposed to give a deeper meaning an event. Recognition from IFMAR, yes I suppose as well. But then most do not attend the world championships, so what really does Roar give back to the racers?

I had learned from those who fly model airplanes that AMA, the Academy of Model Aeronautics, selects an club/airfield each year to be the recipient of a grant from the AMA to improve their facility. For me, this was just an example of what a representative legislative body should provide back to the hobbyists and it serves an example that it can be done. Incidentally, AMA insurance covers model cars and not just at an event but anytime you take your car out, you are covered.

So after all the deceptions, controversies and internal corruption I am not surprised that most on road racers do not want something better for themselves. Instead of taking matters into their own hands and producing a nationals for themselves, the vast majority of the racers leave it up to the hope that the politics will play out in the best interest of the racers and the sport. For several years now, the outcome has not been in favor of the sport or the racers and every year someone steps up and allows roar to come to their track, dictate policy and take the lions share of the profits.

Sadly, most are content with the mindset that "I just want to race" and leave the politics to someone else. Well, those someone else's have an agenda and it for the most part does not include you or the sports best interest. It does however, include your $$$! The sport has been allowed to be turned into a profit making machine for who? You really want to see this system change then step and say something, then DO something. IMO, Non profits that are turned into profit making machines are a disservice to the heart of the hobby/sport.

And it just got me thinking, I hear guys all the time say how much they "love" this sport/racing yet when it comes to taking care of the sport they love and its future, all most seem to really care about it "I just want to race". I guess people get what they settle for.

Last edited by Danny A.; 01-09-2015 at 10:58 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.