Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Adept

The one's we have in stock are the latest Batch. No problem reported at the moment. If you are in USA, contact your LHS in order to get your Novarossi products. There is no need to go overseas. Products are available and in stock in USA
Old 10-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Adept

thanks, i'm from Mexico, so most of my hardware has to be imported, since here things are overpriced. it's not that i have only one LHS, i buy my stuff from several HS including several from US, some of them from HK, this time i got the engine from him no special reason. but thanks anyway

so is there any way that i can see if my engine is one of the latest batch or if is one of the oldest? i would appreciate your help.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mc_chofo
thanks, i'm from Mexico, so most of my hardware has to be imported, since here things are overpriced. it's not that i have only one LHS, i buy my stuff from several HS including several from US, some of them from HK, this time i got the engine from him no special reason. but thanks anyway

so is there any way that i can see if my engine is one of the latest batch or if is one of the oldest? i would appreciate your help.
Hi Rodolfo,
All Nova Rossi engines from where you bought it are the old batch, their distributor bought a lot of engines when the engines first came out, so up until now they still have a lot in stock that they are trying to get rid off at a cheaper price, but with all the bugs that came with the engine it end up more expensive because of the bearing and Rod issues.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Good to hear from yo Sam, i just come back to onroad at least for bashing, right now i'm at the offroad stuff. Sam the front bearing with black seal from nova that you have at yourwebsite is the direct replacement for the 353 09? also the conrod that you have also fits in it?
Old 10-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

Good to hear from yo Sam, i just come back to onroad at least for bashing, right now i'm at the offroad stuff. Sam the front bearing with black seal from nova that you have at yourwebsite is the direct replacement for the 353 09? also the conrod that you have also fits in it?
Nice to see you back to on road again too, The correct rod for the 353 09' engine is http://kamikazercracing.com/proddetail.php?prod=NOV7604
and I should have the front rubber sealed bearings for the 353 09' by next week.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

thanks again Sam, is there any other bearing that can substitue the novarossi orginal one, any one that is rubber seal instead of the steel one?
Old 10-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

thanks again Sam, is there any other bearing that can substitue the novarossi orginal one, any one that is rubber seal instead of the steel one?

and is there any serial number on the engine that could indicate that the engine comes from the lastest or oldest batch?
Old 10-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

and is there any serial number on the engine that could indicate that the engine comes from the lastest or oldest batch?
So Far only Nova Rossi had the bearing, but they do have a rubber sealed bearing, regarding the batch of engines, just trust me because the batch that is in the US just came in are fresh, but the one you got it from is the first batch that got problems.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

Is there anyway to identify what engine I have?

Is there any sort of recall? I mean, a known defective engine should have a recall for those engines that have not been used.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Serpenteer
Is there anyway to identify what engine I have?

Is there any sort of recall? I mean, a known defective engine should have a recall for those engines that have not been used.
good thought !!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

It's a good idea to email Nova Rossi World and ask them or ask the shop you bought it from.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Default MAX POWER XL9 TQ

Originally Posted by kitracer
I saw one and know another guy doing really well with the Flash .21 (std, not tuned). The conrod is the Plus model, not 359.

I have been running 2 x 359 with no problems (other than my tank leaks) Careful with the ceramic bearing because it will take at least 1 litre to break in with slow acceleration otherwise they could skip.
I suggest stay with Nova and I like #9886 with the conical header, 5 to 7 fin depends on your track.
Hi Chris,

Have you or any of your buddies tried the MAX XL9 TQ. I believe it has a smaller diameter crank (i.e. 14mm). Do you reckon this engine will produce more torque due to less rotation mass in the crankshaft. Apparently, the 359 Flash 21 has a larger diameter crank (14.5mm) and I think the purpose is to prolong the life of the rear bearing.

Julian
Old 10-23-2009, 05:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Novarossi Flash is your best bet

Originally Posted by jds5150
Hi Chris,

Have you or any of your buddies tried the MAX XL9 TQ. I believe it has a smaller diameter crank (i.e. 14mm). Do you reckon this engine will produce more torque due to less rotation mass in the crankshaft. Apparently, the 359 Flash 21 has a larger diameter crank (14.5mm) and I think the purpose is to prolong the life of the rear bearing.

Julian
Hello Julian:

I ran "that motor" that you are referring too...... no comment on this thread based on my promise to Fabio and Massimo not to go "there", but send me your email address via pm, and I will send you some "very nice" photographs on my pit table of the capital classic race if you promise in writing to keep them confidential. I bought two brand new ones right before this race. Now that everybody knows what I am talking about, the Flash .21 is a mid-to high RPM based motor by design. The 14.5mm crank is part of the equation. This does not take away from its bottom. You run it with a long headder and a 2015 or 2052 pipe and hold on tight! As far a torque, I can vouch that the Flash, be it stock or tuned has an even better bottom-end but top end is a missle. The "other" one has a more linear RPM-band and then flattens out on larger tracks compared to the Flash. Just my humble opinion.

Paolo should confirm this.

My recommendation to you is the Novarossi Flash all the way. Your LHS can get you a freshly imported version.

I know Brooklyn Hobbies has them in stock...call Richie for great service and price.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Paulie Bee
Hello Julian:

I ran "that motor" that you are referring too...... no comment on this thread based on my promise to Fabio and Massimo not to go "there", but send me your email address via pm, and I will send you some "very nice" photographs on my pit table of the capital classic race if you promise in writing to keep them confidential. I bought two brand new ones right before this race. Now that everybody knows what I am talking about, the Flash .21 is a mid-to high RPM based motor by design. The 14.5mm crank is part of the equation. This does not take away from its bottom. You run it with a long headder and a 2015 or 2052 pipe and hold on tight! As far a torque, I can vouch that the Flash, be it stock or tuned has an even better bottom-end but top end is a missle. The "other" one has a more linear RPM-band and then flattens out on larger tracks compared to the Flash. Just my humble opinion.

Paolo should confirm this.

My recommendation to you is the Novarossi Flash all the way. Your LHS can get you a freshly imported version.

I know Brooklyn Hobbies has them in stock...call Richie for great service and price.
now paulie be fare all engines have there problems
Old 10-23-2009, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up novamax xl9

Originally Posted by jds5150
Hi Chris,

Julian
i ran this motor a good amount at chaplin...........once broken in had awesome power.....ran 16 percent maxy fuel stock head shims with a nova fuel cooler nova med header conical and a 2015 pipe........had no problems................ buying a spare for next season...........lessmoney than the flash....seen the flash go also definately not a turtle.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.