Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna Ultra GTP2e

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 11:42 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cmjomaha
This is my first On-Road car and i am pretty excited about it. I have a Hyper 9 center diff, this one, and was wondering if it would work in my GTP2e?

I will be putting in a Castle 2200kv/MMM combo, because I have an extra one right now. I was also looking at this servo, since all my servos I have now are mostly Hitec 7955tg which are great servos but I think I little slow for this application.

So, will the servo and center diff work? Opinions welcome.

Thanks

The Hyper 9 center diff will not work you will need this one 31325.

That servo will be ok.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snrscion
The Hyper 9 center diff will not work you will need this one 31325.

That servo will be ok.
Thanks for the info on the diff. I was not sure and someone one here said you could pretty much drop any 1/8 buggy center diff in. Clearly that was wrong. I will give the one you suggested a shot (Center Diff).

Again, thanks for the info.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vision
Anybody knows Vision full name. Pm me
Old 12-04-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks for the info on the diff. I was not sure and someone one here said you could pretty much drop any 1/8 buggy center diff in. Clearly that was wrong. I will give the one you suggested a shot (Center Diff).

Well, stopped by the LHS and they did not have the above referenced center diff for my GTP2e. They did have one of these diffs. Anyone know if this would work for me. What is everyone else using as a drop in center diff or are most people staying with the spool?
Old 12-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Tech Initiate

id rather just adjust the preload, swap tires and use my buggy onroad, but thats just me... these bodies look way cooler though
Old 12-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cooptroop123
id rather just adjust the preload, swap tires and use my buggy onroad, but thats just me... these bodies look way cooler though
That would work if just bashing about. I've driven my 1/8 buggies with some bald crime fighters on the street and had a blast.

Getting the preferred lower ride height (performance wise and to clear the bodies) requires either changing shock towers, shocks, screwing down the droop screws to limit the down travel or using spacers in the shocks. Or a combination(s) of the above. Not to mention buying a body, body mounts, bumper, stiffer springs and an electric conversion (if you have a nitro buggy)

For $200, the kit is an outstanding value for the great performance. WIth the addition of a center diff ($12 shipped from ebay) and race tires, the car is awesome.

Converting my 8B to race in the GT8E class cost me more $ than my new GTP2E. Both are a blast to drive though and competitive.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I'm new to onroad and would be getting this just as a parking lot racer...

What is a cheap/economical choice for a motor/ESC combo?

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vstrok
I'm new to onroad and would be getting this just as a parking lot racer...

What is a cheap/economical choice for a motor/ESC combo?

Thanks!
You wouldn't happen to be active duty military? Tekin and Castle have a great military discount program. I would advise against cheap/econonical choice because that's how you usually end up spending twice as much. You get what you paid for. Check E-bay and the classifieds on here. There's always somebody selling or trading stuff. You can get some really great deals on good quality stuff here. That's my .02. Good Luck!
Old 12-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

How much do these weigh versus a 1/8 buggy? I've been searching for a vehicle to do speed runs with and was stuck on a buggy. I didn't know these cars existed.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Most Ofna, Hyper, Jammin, HotBodies diffs should work together and fit. The Hyper 9 just happens to have the newer, smaller design.

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
How much do these weigh versus a 1/8 buggy? I've been searching for a vehicle to do speed runs with and was stuck on a buggy. I didn't know these cars existed.
They will be pretty close to a buggy, since almost all the parts are the same. A lot of the weight will depend on how you set it up, what motor, lipo, etc. and can vary greatly just like a buggy.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok Peeps...Super Deal on Racing this weekend PLUS it's a good cause. $25 plus a toy for a 2 day race. Track is open for Free Practice on Friday.
Lets get those GT8's out there!!! We had 9 GT8's this weekend, 14 the weekend before and it was a LIGHT DAY! This is OC Circuit's Last race of the year until January so let take advantage of this one last chance to prove who is KING OF GT8!!!!

WHo's in?
1. Charlie
2. Hiro
3. Jai
4. Steve N
5. Steve D
6. Dave S
7. DJ Ofna
8. Raman
9. Dan K
10.Omar C
11.Jerry
12.Anthony D
13.Henry
14.Mike
Old 12-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Questions?? MBX6 SPEC BUGGGY

I HAVE A MBX6 SPEC ELETRIC BUGGY. I USED A TEKNO CONVERISON KIT TO CONVERT IT. MY QUESTION IS THERE A COMPANY OUT THERE THAT HAS A UNIVERSAL FRONT BUMPER THAT I CAN PUT ON IT. I NEED SOME HELP GUYS. CAN IT BE DONE. IF SO WHAT PARTS DO I NEED TO BUY AND CAN I MAKE IT WORK. THANKS.

Last edited by flyboi33; 12-07-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Initiate

On my gtp2e, Can i use a duplicae front bumper assembly as a diffuser on the rear of the car? is it a direct bolt on? I have seen it done with a dm1 diffuser but I don't know if mods are necessary. Thanks
Old 12-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by flyboi33
I HAVE A MBX6 SPEC ELETRIC BUGGY. I USED A TEKNO CONVERISON KIT TO CONVERT IT. MY QUESTION IS THERE A COMPANY OUT THERE THAT HAS A UNIVERSAL FRONT BUMPER THAT I CAN PUT ON IT. I NEED SOME HELP GUYS. CAN IT BE DONE. IF SO WHAT PARTS DO I NEED TO BUY AND CAN I MAKE IT WORK. THANKS.
I fit a Kyosho GT bumper on my Thunder Tiger, but it took some modification. I can tell you the two screw holes on the bumper will line up with MOST holes on a buggy chassis, but you will most likely have to figure out how to mount it so that it has some support. I made a custom mount and it is super strong and looks and feels factory.

You may want to try the Kyosho bumper, not a guaranteed fit, but it will most likely work.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Questions?? Front Bumper

Originally Posted by TYLORD
I fit a Kyosho GT bumper on my Thunder Tiger, but it took some modification. I can tell you the two screw holes on the bumper will line up with MOST holes on a buggy chassis, but you will most likely have to figure out how to mount it so that it has some support. I made a custom mount and it is super strong and looks and feels factory.

You may want to try the Kyosho bumper, not a guaranteed fit, but it will most likely work.
Thanks Tylord for the quick response. I ordered 1 today. Do you have any pics of your car, if so can I see the front of it plz.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.