Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree19Likes

WRC Racing F-One

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Not anymore. Wind city Rc hobbies and raceway is the official US distributor for WRC. We have a huge order of parts and kits due this week so keep an eye on our website or Facebook page . We will have a on line store up this week as well with all parts and kits ready to ship.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:29 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scionara05
Thank you for the quick response will x-ray side and front springs work only reason being is that I'm in the states and parts support is almost none will be able to get x-ray springs and are fairly quickly at hobby shops local as for breakables I will be at the mercy of snail mail from Florida from Wallace motorsports
Holy run on sentence, try and use some punctuation even if your on a phone.

The front uses the traditional kingpin through spring suspension so I imagine the x-ray front springs would work.

As for the side springs, it doesn't use a traditional setup so you would need to find springs with similar diameter. I'm not sure what other spring would work, you will have to experiment yourself. You can add more preloaded to the side springs for now just to stiffen up the rear pod while you wait for your order.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyd
Not anymore. Wind city Rc hobbies and raceway is the official US distributor for WRC. We have a huge order of parts and kits due this week so keep an eye on our website or Facebook page . We will have a on line store up this week as well with all parts and kits ready to ship.
Do you have a link to either the Facebook page or website.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999
Holy run on sentence, try and use some punctuation even if your on a phone.

The front uses the traditional kingpin through spring suspension so I imagine the x-ray front springs would work.

As for the side springs, it doesn't use a traditional setup so you would need to find springs with similar diameter. I'm not sure what other spring would work, you will have to experiment yourself. You can add more preloaded to the side springs for now just to stiffen up the rear pod while you wait for your order.
Sorry for the long winded sentence.
Thanks for the heads up on the side springs, I'll take a look at some cars next outing on weds.
So far for tires all I did was glue the side walls, everyone was having problems with traction rolling in the sweeper and some other corners.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

WINDY CITY RC RACEWAY & HOBBIES - Home
Old 05-23-2017, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Is there a dedicated thread for the LM16?
Thanks
Old 06-09-2017, 07:04 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by NutDriver
Thanks
The LM16 is pretty much exactly the same as the F1, just with a different body. I just picked up a Le Mans body and associated hardware. Hopefully I can finish the body and test it out soon. that car looks so weird without the front and rear wing
Old 06-10-2017, 01:09 AM
jpx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NutDriver
Thanks
I don't know a LM16 thread, but I found this a while ago:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...iscussion.html
But it's very quiet for some month allready ...
Old 06-11-2017, 06:24 PM
Regional Moderator

finally finished my body and mounted to the f-one. It looks so weird without the front and rear wing when naked

Old 06-15-2017, 06:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

New LM16 ready for the 24h this weekend. Nicknamed the "Mattmobile"
Attached Thumbnails WRC Racing F-One-100_4065.jpg   WRC Racing F-One-100_4064.jpg  
Old 06-20-2017, 06:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone else have issues with tire rub in the front wheel well of the pro1 body? I had a severe push in corners and saw alot of black tire marks in the angled corners of the fenders where there was body rub. Cut out the body angles and no more issues. Not sure why the wheel wells weren't just molded to be round
Attached Thumbnails WRC Racing F-One-20170620_203631.jpg  
Old 06-20-2017, 07:54 PM
Regional Moderator

Havent had a chance to run the F1 with the LMP1 body, been raining all week. I did do a lock to lock check and it seemed the molded reliefs clears the wheels and tires. Cant see a reason why it would bind. I see your running the stock wheel and tire setup where I have the new Ride GR tires mounted so that might be a reason why it rubs.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by disaster999
Havent had a chance to run the F1 with the LMP1 body, been raining all week. I did do a lock to lock check and it seemed the molded reliefs clears the wheels and tires. Cant see a reason why it would bind. I see your running the stock wheel and tire setup where I have the new Ride GR tires mounted so that might be a reason why it rubs.
The class is box stock so kit wheels and tires are required. When i go full lock steering it doesn't rub but under heavy cornering loads when suspension compresses I get body scrub and the car pushes. I tried adding shims and wheel spacers but that didn't help. Saw no other choice but to just cut the angles on the wheel arches.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:17 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Dobbs
The class is box stock so kit wheels and tires are required. When i go full lock steering it doesn't rub but under heavy cornering loads when suspension compresses I get body scrub and the car pushes. I tried adding shims and wheel spacers but that didn't help. Saw no other choice but to just cut the angles on the wheel arches.
I wonder if they changed the compound, the set I have have no rear grip at all and will spin if I try to put any power down in corners. The front tires aren't bad. Dont have that much grip but drivable
Old 06-24-2017, 12:17 PM
Regional Moderator

Went to the track to test the LMP1 body out and I quite like it. The car pushes a lot more with the LMP1 body but the rear end is SUPER stable. In face, I think theres too much traction at the rear and not much down force in the front. I sauced the front tires entirely and left the rear bone dry and it still pushed.

I didnt do any setup changes with the car and still handled pretty well. Pretty surprised how stable the car was.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.