Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Anyway, after running MM for about a month solid, I gave my RM setup a try again last night. It took some getting use to in the corners with the pendulum returning. But once I got the feel. I turned some very good runs. My best runs on this layout. The RM car is so much easier to drive hard in 17.5. The MM is better in sweepers, has a nicer feel in the flowing sections and jumps flatter. But it likes to do crazy shit when I driver harder. So for now, the MM is shelved and the RM is my go to.
+1 for series of 180 degree turns like we have at LRH right now RM wipes the floor with MM.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Got hit by an 8th scale square in the back.

Car was fine but when I stopped to get off track, hit throttle to move a few feet and no go. Back at the pits re calibrated lrp works esc, good, back on track was good then went to like a derate feeling, not full power on the straight with full wood.....esc or motor?? Going to take out esc and check sensor wires motor, etc. which is no fun in B5m but thought I would throw out to see if anybody has ideas.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:02 AM
Tech Legend

[QUOTE=Cridd;13486553]Got hit by an 8th scale square in the back.

Car was fine but when I stopped to get off track, hit throttle to move a few feet and no go. Back at the pits re calibrated lrp works esc, good, back on track was good then went to like a derate feeling, not full power on the straight with full wood.....esc or motor?? Going to take out esc and check sensor wires motor, etc. which is no fun in B5m but thought I would throw out to see if anybody has ideas.[/

If your having problems , was the ESC flashing trouble codes ?
Old 08-23-2014, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Checked it out more, says motor or drivetrain lock. Going to put new motor in and see if that fixes it.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:57 AM
Tech Legend

Exclamation

@ Roar Nat's in Orlando

MikeS & the Tacompton

B5M

19/5:09

Oyeah......
Old 08-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Wild Cherry;13486476]
Originally Posted by Ostach24
Hey I'm very interested in the serpent mid motor body. I like the way it's a cross between finnisher and silencer. My question is will it fit on the b5m? No one at the local tracks run serpent. Ae, losi, Kyosho, and a few durangos but no serpents. If anyone out there can help me out I'd much appreciate

the Silencer is prefered for its handling & designed to fit a b5..
I don't want the silencer I don't like the back of the roof and back side window area... I like the serpent body the way the car looks like the finisher, but has the fin on top... My question is will the serpent mid motor body fit the b5m?

Last edited by Ostach24; 08-23-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ostach24
I don't want the silencer I don't like the back of the roof and back side window area... I like the serpent body the way the can looks like the finisher, but has the fin on top... My question is will the serpent mid motor body fit the b5m?
Buy one, test fit it and let us know if it fits.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JiuHaWong
Buy one, test fit it and let us know if it fits.
Don't want to waste the money to see, was hoping someone at one of the tracks out there has a buddy that has a serpent, could drop it on and see how close it is and what doesn't fit...

A friend wanted a phantom on his c4.2, we checked around to find that b5m doesn't fit it, however the rb6 body did. Saved him $22 on a mistake
Old 08-23-2014, 02:28 PM
Tech Rookie

it could be a few things, but since your racing locally, I will say it is tires. I kn ow, I know you bought the right tires. SRS and W3 need special tires. what does special mean? well broken in tires and foams. Many of the fast guys at srs are running clay slicks. But, if you dont have it sorted out by next weekend, I can have a look. I had a local drive my RM car last night at w3 and said it was very smooth and easy to drive and turned well. If you like, you can try my car next weekend. I will be at SRS all 3 days for the grand opening series event.
Sounds good, thanks for all the help. I'll be out at SRS today trying to figure it out myself. Too bad I can't post pictures yet or do links, otherwise I would put a pic of my buggy.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:41 PM
Tech Legend

[QUOTE=Ostach24;13486955]
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry

I don't want the silencer I don't like the back of the roof and back side window area... I like the serpent body the way the car looks like the finisher, but has the fin on top... My question is will the serpent mid motor body fit the b5m?

Be care full what you wish for,
what you do not like is what makes the Silencer more popular.

Adding more down force on the rear is not helping the handling on the B5.
Maybe the Serpent needs , not the B5 though.

That's why the new Silencer is only copy of the Centro Silencer.
Track time has been proving that design is a winner.

Maybe ask the Serpent boys if a b5m shell fits a Serpent ?

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 08-23-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buggy Buddy
Sounds good, thanks for all the help. I'll be out at SRS today trying to figure it out myself. Too bad I can't post pictures yet or do links, otherwise I would put a pic of my buggy.
I am pretty much running the stock setup on mine for camber links. Currently, my hubs are back, I have 1/2oz under the rack, I run 1.6 pistons front and rear, 30/27.5 oils and 2 limiters front and 1 limiter rear. otherwise all stock shock and camber locations. I also run the shorty in the forward position with a full sized servo.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:02 PM
Tech Rookie

SRS was closed today. They are redoing the track so there should be a new layout. They said that it might be ready tomorrow afternoon. I'm hoping so. For warehouse 3 what kind of tires do you use? I think I'll go out there tomorrow if it isn't ready. I'm itchin' to try out the new buggy on a track.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

dude, tires are "special" at w3, lol. I am running half gone typos in the rear ss and gone gone m4 suburbs in the front with 3/4 rear foams and my tires have been sauced a couple dozen times. If you goto w3 and want to get tires, I would go with typos front and read in SS compound. pick up some sticky kicks blue. clean and sauce the tires after every run. they should start to come in after a few packs. typos already have a pretty low tread. ions are good, but have a lot more tread and take a while to come in naturally. dirt web greens are terrible. no mater what you get, you must have Super Soft tires.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

would like to thank everyone for the set up suggestions. i ended up returning the buggy to near manual set up. i shortened rear links, took out all ackerman, lowered front ball stud height and the car hooked up great. 63 entries today, 3 mains of buggies. qualified 4th in mod buggy a main and finished the main in 4th. i have never did this good in al the years ive been racing. all the mid motor guys were like wow that thing is hooked up as im taking their lines away in the corners and passing them in the air! lol
Old 08-23-2014, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

just get the avid flex bearing kit. you wont be disappointed. IMO they are better anyway
Affirmative.

jB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.