Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 09:19 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Super Steve
not much talking on the thread...
i thought i would post a purple picture...
Steve - Sorry, I think you have a couple screws loose. ( take that as you wish... )

Old 03-27-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Super Steve
not much talking on the thread...
i thought i would post a purple picture...
missed a few screws there.
Old 03-27-2004, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ya... have to get some good wrenches before i can finish tightening those screws.

Your hand kinda hurts when you build the car with kit supplied wrenches.
Old 03-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default hpi bag

Ramon, how much do you want for the HPI hauler bag? Thanks
Old 03-27-2004, 09:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by pucho
And we can get those.... Where???
This is just a guess but... atsushihara.com?

If not then I'm stumped.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by pucho
And we can get those.... Where???
special order from RainbowTen... about $5.00 per sheet. shipped.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rc-zombies
special order from RainbowTen... about $5.00 per sheet. shipped.
Im gona have to get me some.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

Default David Joor

Can anyone tell me why David Joor switched back to a TC3 at the Nats? Was it a parts issue or a handling issue. I had a TC3 and a XXXs+, and love the Pro 4 loads over them both. So its hard for me to believe it was handling and set up issues.

I also think everyone needs to email a complaint to HPI for not sending their best drivers (or any for that matter) to the Nats this year. I truly believe they have the best car at this point and time, so why not give their name some bragging rights here in the US and kick some A$$. Oh well, there is always next year. By that time Associated and Losi will probably have new cars and will have the edge again, or not. Who knows. Don't think I am slamming them, as I am not. HPI finally put out a car that can compete, and maybe win bragging rights, but that will not be seen this year here in the good ole USA.

As for me, I will finish out the season here in my little hick town club dominating touring class with my Pro 4.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'm curious to know how or why some think that Losi and AE don't have an edge over the pro4? I'm not knocking HPI or anything but from what I've seen at all of the tracks in my area the pro4 first has to complete a race to have and edge over other cars. The front oneway problem is something that HPI needs to address quickly. Also with them not having a true race team here in the states it would be hard for HPI to go up against the likes of Matt Francis, Pavidas, etc.... Thad can't do it all by himself. This is just my $0.02 It looks like a great car until you make one mistake.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

I have raced my Pro4 at 3 club races. We run 2 heats and the main. I have hit the boards several times and even had a head on with the wall twice when I cut the corner to sharp and went over the corner dot, into the wall. I have yet to break a part. I had heard of all the problems with part breakage, and with no part support when I first bought my Pro4, I bought a second kit just in case. I didn't even boil the gears. One thing I do when I know I am getting out of shape is get out of the throttle. Perhaps this is the reason I have not stripped gears of broken anything.

The car is great, period. My XXXs+ was fast but it had its weak points. I hated the way Losi designed the droop screws in the bumper to name one flaw. My FTTC3 was also a great, fast car but it seemed just a bit sensitive for me. I know that can be tuned out, but the Pro4 seemed to integrate things from both Losi, and AE. Swept back front arms (inboard front toe) like Losi, big droop adjusting screws like AE that can be adjusted from the top the way it needs to be designed. Put the car on the ground, and it acelerates the way shaft drives do, and turns on a dime but not the touchy, sensitive way my TC3 did.

I'm not trying to knock the other main competitors out there, but simply put, this is the car for me.

As for trying to compete against the likes of any of the Factory drivers like Matt F., Mike B., Paul L. (and the list goes on), you are right, there is no competition. That was my point in my earlier post. HPI needs to send there factory drivers like Atusha and the like here to the states. But with that said, there is no doubt this car can kiss butt. It is doing it overseas, and will do it here in the states when it is in the hands of the right driver. Hasn't that always been the point though. Any car in the hands of the right driver with all the factory support can do well.

This is just my two cents.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

STLNLST,I have finished every race with my Pro4,The only problem I have had with with my Pro4 was I broke a ring and pinion gear but I did finish the race(I was punted..big time)All I can go by(for me)is how I have done at the track,so far it's the best car for me(and you do know how many TC's I have.. )I have finished in the top 3 every time I have raced this car.. and the track I race at is not really a "one way" track so I did pick up a diff for the front(have not raced with it yet)Just my 2 cents..I think any Touring car can win it's still in the set up and motor/battery combo. I have a TC-3..I dont win with it,I have a Pro4 and I win with it,does that make the Pro4 better,No..just better for me and the bottom line is I just like the way the car works..
Old 03-28-2004, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Yo TSR6,
What brush / spring set-up are you using for your Binary 2 & Monster Stock motors? I generally play with the powerband on my cars, to find one that suits my driving style.
Old 03-28-2004, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: hpi bag

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
Ramon, how much do you want for the HPI hauler bag? Thanks
Yeah, I wanna know too! How much is "not cheap"
Why hasn't Hpi sent that bag overseas by now, anyway?! Don't they know, we Americans, like to "accessorize"?!?!

By the way Gary, why didn't the Pro 4 make the cover of the new issue(May 04')?!?! It was just, the most anticipated car of last year and already racking up wins and top 3 finishes WORLDWIDE!!! I mean really... the Shuie M2? Its a nice car and all...but the Pro 4 is definitely DA' HEAT!

I really like the mag(got a subscription to prove it), and the decals you guys sent me are TIGHT!(Thanks). Keep up the good work...just show the Pro 4 some love, Hommie.

Last edited by kewdawg; 03-28-2004 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-28-2004, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

troy,
isn't the epic motor same thing as the monster?
Old 03-28-2004, 04:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by xxxkat
STLNLST,I have finished every race with my Pro4,The only problem I have had with with my Pro4 was I broke a ring and pinion gear but I did finish the race(I was punted..big time)All I can go by(for me)is how I have done at the track,so far it's the best car for me(and you do know how many TC's I have.. )I have finished in the top 3 every time I have raced this car.. and the track I race at is not really a "one way" track so I did pick up a diff for the front(have not raced with it yet)Just my 2 cents..I think any Touring car can win it's still in the set up and motor/battery combo. I have a TC-3..I dont win with it,I have a Pro4 and I win with it,does that make the Pro4 better,No..just better for me and the bottom line is I just like the way the car works..
I hear what you're saying but you more than others on this thread know what type of guys we have at our track (you met some when we came down to your track) and if these guys can't finish a race due to gear problems then why would I even think about picking up one? BTW.....the Mi2 is dialed and when you put this car down I'll be waiting to give you some killer set up's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.