Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
What would you pay to get your car hooked up? >

What would you pay to get your car hooked up?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What would you pay to get your car hooked up?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 10:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

frank, What are you thinking.. MD having some problems racing! miss that guy! haha all the shit we talk when we are all together is so much fun! oh, cant forget the buckle bunny stories either.

Anyways Frank.. Good luck at the nor-cal series bud.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by infanterene
Whats nice about AMERICA is freedom of speech !
FYI infanterene that splash guard was designed on 12-30-2010 before your pic (JUST SAYING )LOL !!

Frankie was just asking a question if it was something that folks would be intersted in no more no less ,and you infanterene start the flaming not sure why but I guess you have your own motives,,

Yes its true that most if not all of the big names in rc will help you for free, but lets not forget that they are getting paid to race and promote the sport we all love ,,,Not sure about all but I know a few Dad's that are mechanic's that get paid aswell,,, so yes you get the free advice but if you buy there products you are paying for their advice ,not directly, but to the company that pays them to race and help out with advice and to promote their products ,,so is their advice really free ?

I don't think Frankie thought he would start a hornets nest of hate replys I think he just wants to find out how much money he owes !! LOL !!! jk !! LOL !!!

Last edited by rc racer 103; 04-15-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Rc racer- I don't give a crap about the splash gaurd. I posted the pics so everyone could make their own. I just don't like someone lying about me, trying to make me look dishonest. I am an honest sincere person and it bugs me when someone misrepresents the type of person that I am.

Some will understand some won't.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by infanterene
Rc racer- I don't give a crap about the splash gaurd. I posted the pics so everyone could make their own. I just don't like someone lying about me, trying to make me look dishonest. I am an honest sincere person and it bugs me when someone misrepresents the type of person that I am.

Some will understand some won't.
Man are you always this mad ? if you could read right Frank asked you if you were the one ????,not that you were the one !! seems you got worked up over your miss reading ! what a shame !! LOL !!

Nobody said you were dishonest ! LOL

Your posts show how sincere you are, and what type of person you are relaying to everyone that reads your personal attacking post !
Try and have some fun,, laughter calms the nerves! (JUST SAYING) LOL !!
Old 04-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Im not mad. Sometimes stuff sounds different in text than it does it does in person. Going back through my posts there's only one that sounds personal.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have worked with Fox Racing Shox before on setting up 2 race cars that I drove before and they help set their customers cars up for free, they get you close by watching the car and then you can talk to them about what you feel and they can help correct it. All you have to do is meet them for the test sessions that they have... so which manufacturer is going to step up first? lol
Old 04-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Instead of paying somebody to set your car up why not pay them to teach you how to recognize were your setup is off and how to dail it in with differant tuning options?
Old 04-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Frankie,

It almost sounds like you are trying to find out if you should be paying for the help you have got. LOL.

I do like the question, but it's clear that it's a question that strikes a cord in people. I can see some of why I would or why I wouldn't want to pay for the help such as setups. Probably just depends on how you see it. In the case you are asking about, I'll go with what some others have said. That service would probably be best for the local racers. Couple of reasons for that. One people know who is who and more importantly the person offering the setup help would probably have first hand knowledge of the driving style that needed help. Outside of that, things could get a bit harder to explain what you want or need the car to do or not do in a setting such as this. Just a thought.

Great idea, but the application of putting it to use could be more of a headache than it may be worth.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
I have a buddy that always helps me with setup and is always able to get my car dialed in. Recently he hasn't been able to come to the track with me so I send him my setup sheet and he corrects it depending on what I want the car to do. Sometimes he watches a video and makes the corrections. He has done it for me and many others at the track. I was wondering what a service like that would be worth and if there is any interest. Hes a stand up guy and I refer to him as the mad scientist.

Is there an interest for a service like this for $25? IMO $25 is a great deal to hook your car up. Just wanted to see what you guys think.
about $50-$60 for a new set of tires. instant rails.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

you know what i would pay for?? i would pay for a super experienced person to be my pitman/ mechanic for the big races... someone that is there in person to watch my truck during races and make the adjustments to make it faster i do realize the driver makes it go fast but it is setup that helps the truck stay in grooves..there are plenty of different setups to make the truck do different things... and i dont know them all(only because i havent been racing for years)