Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 05:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

For an Awesome DIY power supply Search on ebay for HP Dell DPS-600PB

They are 12v 475 @ 575w. you can normally score them for under 20$ a pop, I got mine for 12.50 each.

For the DIY part, RCGroups has a Tonne of info on wiring them up. Just google search HP Dell DPS-600PB Mods

here's a Very good write up on running them in series.

http://www.tjinguytech.com/my-projects/diy-24v-47a

here's the same guys site to actually turn the supply's on.

http://www.tjinguytech.com/my-projects/HP47A

I also Highly suggest the Fan step down mod, the fan's aren't stupid loud or anything but for what its worth to jumper 2 more pins and it steps up the fan speed automatically when needed.

here's what a pair of mine are doing, Motion Simulator power for JRK motor controllers.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dakotah Phend
I ran 15/48 in Truggy. You have to dremel the chassis a little bit so the 48 steel spur gear will fit.
Is this recommended over using the conversion kit spur? which is a plastic 45T is I am not mistaken. I know a friend has been having issues stripping his spur but I have not seen him yet to learn if it was related to any other issues. I have not run my 3.0 Econverted trugggy yet so if this is a needed change then I will waste no time and I will make the adjustment now as I have a race next weekend.

Regards
Sean
Old 05-11-2014, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BLKNOTCH
Is this recommended over using the conversion kit spur? which is a plastic 45T is I am not mistaken. I know a friend has been having issues stripping his spur but I have not seen him yet to learn if it was related to any other issues. I have not run my 3.0 Econverted trugggy yet so if this is a needed change then I will waste no time and I will make the adjustment now as I have a race next weekend.

Regards
Sean
I never even ran the plastic one, went to the steel and never had a problem.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yup.steel one in mine too from day one. I cut a slot through the chassis just in case rocks get under the gear they can go out.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I was able to race mine over the weekend. The stock set up was horrible on our track. By the fourth pack I was 3/4 of a track in the lead in the main. but I qualified 3rd in the B..LOL

The kit freed up nicely, but the shock boots suck. Any one find anything better. The old style looks to short so I didn't buy them.

What are you guys running for boots.?
Old 05-11-2014, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
I was able to race mine over the weekend. The stock set up was horrible on our track. By the fourth pack I was 3/4 of a track in the lead in the main. but I qualified 3rd in the B..LOL

The kit freed up nicely, but the shock boots suck. Any one find anything better. The old style looks to short so I didn't buy them.

What are you guys running for boots.?
What didn't you like about the stock setup?
What was wrong with the shock boots?
Old 05-11-2014, 06:48 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by symmetricon
What didn't you like about the stock setup?
What was wrong with the shock boots?
Shock boots were filling with air and not rebounding with the shaft. I am going to try the CSI that clip into the cup.

Stock set up was on top of the dirt to loose. Although I kind figured there would be some work on that. Stock set ups are just that. A starting point. Our track is bumpy right now.

I will post my set up for our track soon. By the main I was railing the pipes. I was now I have some work to do still on set up cause I waited on a mugen and rolled with him for about 5 laps in the end. He was flying so I let him by and he was quicker in the apex. I will get that straightened out though.

Any hoot I am going to try the CSI botties.

Last edited by UN4RACING; 05-11-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:20 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by BLKNOTCH

Regards
Sean
I would recommend a steel spur. They also make a steel 45T.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Shock boots were filling with air and not rebounding with the shaft. I am going to try the CSI that clip into the cup.

Stock set up was on top of the dirt to loose. Although I kind figured there would be some work on that. Stock set ups are just that. A starting point. Our track is bumpy right now.

I will post my set up for our track soon. By the main I was railing the pipes. I was now I have some work to do still on set up cause I waited on a mugen and rolled with him for about 5 laps in the end. He was flying so I let him by and he was quicker in the apex. I will get that straightened out though.

Any hoot I am going to try the CSI botties.
Hmmm, I have had zero issue with the shock boots on my 8ight e 3.0 and T 3.0....

On a loose bump track you may want to run the 1.3x8 hole pistons front and split 8 hole pistons rear. The 5 hole pistons have a lot of pack, probably too much for the track you described.... you didn't use the shock oils supplied in the kit did you?

Last edited by symmetricon; 05-11-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:31 PM
Tech Lord

Hmmm, I have had zero issue with the shock boots on my 8ight e 3.0 and T 3.0....

On a loose bump track you may want to run the 1.3x8 hole pistons front and split 8 hole pistons rear. The 5 home pistons have a lot of pack, probably too much for the track you described.... you didn't use the shock oils supplied in the kit did you?
Nah trashed the diff and shock oils. TLR is wasting time and money on that IMO.
I put some CSI red pistons in it and it feels better on the table. Wont know for sure till Friday. The CSI boots will be here soon so I hope they will be better. It was only on the front shocks oddly enough? I will go back to box stock set as a starting point with the new pistons. Although the current direction with the set up put me out front by a long shot.. Just needs a bit more rotation. Gonna play with diff oils next week as well.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Nah trashed the diff and shock oils. TLR is wasting time and money on that IMO.
I put some CSI red pistons in it and it feels better on the table. Wont know for sure till Friday. The CSI boots will be here soon so I hope they will be better. It was only on the front shocks oddly enough? I will go back to box stock set as a starting point with the new pistons. Although the current direction with the set up put me out front by a long shot.. Just needs a bit more rotation. Gonna play with diff oils next week as well.
Good. I'm interested in how the csi reds work. Are you looking for on or off power rotation, low or high speed?

Last edited by symmetricon; 05-11-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 04:15 PM
Tech Lord

Good. I'm interested in how the csi reds work. Are you looking for on or off power rotation, low or high speed?
I need low speed off power. It feels like if I take the front anti roll off it would be fine. We'll see. As for the pistons I went with TLR 35F and TLR 30R but the rear feels thin? I will find out more hopefully Tuesday if I can make it out for practice.
Old 05-11-2014, 04:20 PM
Tech Lord

BTW the rear kicks up off the jumps to so I hope the new pistons will help? 105mm droop in front and 112.5 rear. I will increase the rear droop to.
Old 05-11-2014, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

With the stock pistons I found it best to have the same oils in the front and rear shocks to keep the dampening even. I also added some rear droop, for that off power rotation. I'm sitting at 105 front, and 114 rear.... Maybe try lightening the rear different oil to 3k. I'm currently running 5k in the rear but I run on high bite and lime the stability of the 5k...
Old 05-11-2014, 04:36 PM
Tech Lord

With the stock pistons I found it best to have the same oils in the front and rear shocks to keep the dampening even. I also added some rear droop, for that off power rotation. I'm sitting at 105 front, and 114 rear.... Maybe try lightening the rear different oil to 3k. I'm currently running 5k in the rear but I run on high bite and lime the stability of the 5k...
Sounds good I am going with 5,7,3 this week. In my 2.0 572 was pretty good. I was thinking today when I was doing the diffs that 35 35 in the shocks would probably feel better. That would be weird seems how I have never owned a kit and ran same oils front and rear. I may do some more table testing and just go ahead and start with 35 35. The rear with 27.5 I could tell was going to be way to light. I think I am going to try 114 as well and add if needed. It may take a couple of weeks. We have a trophy race coming at the end of the month so I definitely need to get her dialed in asap. Thanks for the tips.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.