Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Even Drake gets hit by the SOB Thieves

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Kinda sounds like a pit marshall may be needed.
These kind of people is nothing new. It's everywhere and only getting worse. What a man sows, so shall he reap. These type of actions will only be rewarded with a life of sorrow.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This is so extremely disappointing.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Seems like its happening everywhere. One of our fellow racer's had his stuff stolen at the Micro Off Road Nats back in March. It people like this that make me sick. I hope they find the scum who took their stuff.
People like this that make the sport look bad.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Adept

Ok how about we brain storm, how can we make our hobby less prone to thieves. theres been lots of ideas, adding fencing at REV, having an extra friend in the pits to watch your stuff, warning signs cameras etc etc. we all have putt our selves at risk, open tool boxes, un attended cars trucks radios all over the pitt tables. Yes I understand they went into his trailer, which is even more ballsy. but lets move past the anger and start being proactive instead of reactive.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_racer1
Ok how about we brain storm, how can we make our hobby less prone to thieves. theres been lots of ideas, adding fencing at REV, having an extra friend in the pits to watch your stuff, warning signs cameras etc etc. we all have putt our selves at risk, open tool boxes, un attended cars trucks radios all over the pitt tables. Yes I understand they went into his trailer, which is even more ballsy. but lets move past the anger and start being proactive instead of reactive.
Heres's what I've always done to help protect myself and my friends gear...

For starters on my own pit tables EVERYTHING has a place and is usually in a sealed container unless I'm actually using it at the time. Things like tools, tiresets, spare parts, etc. This makes it a whole lot more difficult for somebody to just walk up and take a small item in a hurry. Now they actually have to either walk off with an entire box full of stuff, or actively open up my box and take what they want. The second benefit to this you can tell at a glance if something is missing, instead of finding out at the end of the day or when you get home that you've been pilfered.

I catch alot of grief from my buddies for keeping my pit space so clean and organized, but it's just the system I have developed over time.

We also pit in a large group of guys that race varying classes, this way someone is ALWAYS in the pit tent or tents. There is never a point in time where our stuff is completely unattended, even the drivers meetings we have someone who stays behind to watch our gear. Obviously though, you have to be in a group of guys you trust. Around here thats not hard to find... Everybody knows everyone else for the most part at club races. It's the big events you gotta worry about.

Pit Lane - Any of your gear that you normally take AWAY from your pit space and to the pit lane... SPEND THE MONEY TO HAVE IT WRAPPED! This makes it easy to identify as yours, and it takes time to peel those wraps off. Theifs are lazy people.... They'll jack the one next to yours that is not wrapped, just because it's easier. This also keeps the accidental walk offs to a minimum. I've grabbed someone elses glow ignitor before... Didn't happen on purpose, but they just looked the same! Later in the day I found I had 2 glow ignitors! Yes... I took the time to figure out who it belonged too.

Those 3 simple things will really help out in protecting your gear in my opinion... I have as of yet never had anything taken.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Well since I don't drive much anymore and I am the pit guy I am around the pits a lot and I see plenty of fresh faces that seem a little to interested in someones equipment..and as Dj said a couple pages back I just greet them they ask a few questions and then they leave. I am tired of hearing about peoples stuff getting stolen this needs to stop. Adam and Baldy I hope you get your stuff back and who ever the thief is gets slammed by the book of the law.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ananda Robinson
What exactly does a homeboy and homegirl look like.

Thanks in advance.
There you go bro.
Couldn't find any white ones but just search thug or homeboy.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

MMMM racist did not come to mind when I wrote that but if you think that way then you'll be surprised that I am hispanic, but in all the time I have been racing around here in on-road and off-road it is the same guys with the same look trying to sell off what they have and quick , the tell you 300 because they are tired of having the car but if you say 100 they will sell it in a sec. I have seen it way too many times when I work in a hobbystore part time or at the track, but it only takes adam's car to get notice something is wrong, I can remember even when Rev was an on-road track how many times cars were lifted in the pits or broken into someones car on the far side of the parking lot , I myself park right up against the wall on the front row parking because I know how unsafe it is in the back parking lot , shoot it's even better to park on the street on the straight, now I've got homeboys that I know from way back and I know how they think when you young it's not a big deal to them other than to turn it into cash for them, shoot I even heard someone tried to use a stroller to tuck a buggy in ther bottom bag and guess what it's not someone you can have a regular conversation with, I know some got upset on how I said it with the Homeboy comment , but when your Hispanic they only come to you when they want to sell it because they think they can relate to you right away.

Sorry if I had offended anyone. I'm just that dissapointed.
The kid that got his stuff stolen from before, I feel for you from what I heard it wasn't no RTR but a pro, someones hard earned money was put into that plus the work, even if mom and dad paid for it.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hmmm. Racist doesn't really come to mind when I think of DJ.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -R2-
MMMM racist did not come to mind when I wrote that but if you think that way then you'll be surprised that I am hispanic, but in all the time I have been racing around here in on-road and off-road it is the same guys with the same look trying to sell off what they have and quick , the tell you 300 because they are tired of having the car but if you say 100 they will sell it in a sec. I have seen it way too many times when I work in a hobbystore part time or at the track, but it only takes adam's car to get notice something is wrong, I can remember even when Rev was an on-road track how many times cars were lifted in the pits or broken into someones car on the far side of the parking lot , I myself park right up against the wall on the front row parking because I know how unsafe it is in the back parking lot , shoot it's even better to park on the street on the straight, now I've got homeboys that I know from way back and I know how they think when you young it's not a big deal to them other than to turn it into cash for them, shoot I even heard someone tried to use a stroller to tuck a buggy in ther bottom bag and guess what it's not someone you can have a regular conversation with, I know some got upset on how I said it with the Homeboy comment , but when your Hispanic they only come to you when they want to sell it because they think they can relate to you right away.

Sorry if I had offended anyone. I'm just that dissapointed.
The kid that got his stuff stolen from before, I feel for you from what I heard it wasn't no RTR but a pro, someones hard earned money was put into that plus the work, even if mom and dad paid for it.
racist didnt come to mind either when you wrote that what came to mind was maybe newbies lookin into the hobby but who brinngs there girl with fresh clothes aswell as the guy and starts to walf through the pits if i had new clothes i wouldnt walk near a rc car or the track haha thats whats fishy is who wears clean clothes to a rc track and walks through the pits hmmmm thats what he thought was weird and i would do so also
Old 04-27-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Hmmm. Racist doesn't really come to mind when I think of DJ.
Thank you sir, I'm open minded as you can get. In my years here living in L.A. I've worked at places and worked with people of different sexual oreintation.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Thank you sir, I'm open minded as you can get. In my years here living in L.A. I've worked at places and worked with people of different sexual oreintation.
Hehe yea i hear that i live in NY and worked nyc etc. It opens your mind alright.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

No way that thief can ever race that stuff. It it probaly get sold to some poor soul who will try to race it. Then it will all hit the fan when Drakes transponder number shows up or somebody spots that motor/pipe.
Over the years, I have had a Mugen starter box and a Novarossi P5 stolen at Rev.
Oh yea, DJ is my homeboy, he looks just like pic number 3.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

it would be funny if he had a low jack on it

Matter of fact, with the money we put out on these cars it's not a bad idea.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Were they strait guys?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.