Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default i'll report back on how it goes.

www .exotekracing.com/dex210-direct-spur-mount/
It removes any slip in the drive train to put the power directly to the ground, be careful as this can also mean more strain on the drive train under acceleration/deceleration.
I think I'm going to give it a try, and while i have it apart, I'm going to try the flight topshaft from here: www .exotekracing.com/dex210-alloy-flite-topshaft/

My only concern is being a MM4 i might strip an idler or something... i might gear it down just to try it. I usually run a 33 pinion and 75 spur giving me a gear ratio of (* 2.6) to 5.91... just under the recommended 6 for a 17.5 motor. (source is here www .durangofansite.com/main.php?vehicle=DEX210&page=gearing )

Hopefully the MM4 (with the extra idler) doesn't make it more risky.

Also, note that it doesn't work with our usual durango spurs, only Kimbrough style ones.

i'll report back on how it goes. thanks.

ps sorry i can post links.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The idler gears will be fine. Gearing depends on the motor, I had a fast motor geared at 35/69 and would of run a 36 or 37 if I had one, but that was a silly voodoo (yet legal) 17.5 so you'll probably need to gear lower with an average motor.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

If anyone needs an Exotek RF hanger I have one for sale.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I have a mid-motor car that I am having a hard time setting up. I race outdoor on a track that has medium to high bite. Could someone give me a good starting point with weight placement. Thank you.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone have a DEX210 gear diff they want to sell me? I have the molded gears and just need the rest….figured someone would have an extra. Sorry to hijack the thread, please PM with replies. Thanks!
Old 12-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by ohiostatechamp
I have a mid-motor car that I am having a hard time setting up. I race outdoor on a track that has medium to high bite. Could someone give me a good starting point with weight placement. Thank you.

I race on a High grip not blue grove but gets dryed out if the heat is on to high its a clay indoor track.

Setup wise im still working on that . Is the Rear end getting lose with the mid motor is it a 4 gear ?

Weight Placement i put my ESC behind the Shorty lipo made a difference for sure .

Last edited by tc5 man; 12-07-2014 at 09:15 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:03 AM
Tech Prophet

Tried out the B4 slipper pads with the stock clutch there much better than the stock pads ! Once they broke in i felt more punch and more constant . Still had to tighten the slipper down a good amount .

I recommend them .
Old 12-08-2014, 05:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tc5 man
I race on a High grip not blue grove but gets dryed out if the heat is on to high its a clay indoor track.

Setup wise im still working on that . Is the Rear end getting lose with the mid motor is it a 4 gear ?

Weight Placement i put my ESC behind the Shorty lipo made a difference for sure .
Thank you for the response. Right now it pushes on throttle, then tons of steering. On acceleration, the back will step out. I have been playing with springs with some good results.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:04 PM
Tech Prophet

Thank you for the response. Right now it pushes on throttle, then tons of steering. On acceleration, the back will step out. I have been playing with springs with some good results.

Yea it does have a lot of steering on higher traction on clay with the 4 gear mid motor . Mess with tires also i actually ran a Slick tire on the Rear and a treaded one up Front defietly better with Slicks up Front to no plushing.

You could shorten the Rear end wheelbase or lay the shock down on the rear arms .

Are you running Slicks or treaded tires ?
Old 12-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Threaded tires. Usually a square lug in the morning and a bar tread in the afternoon. What springs are working for you?
Old 12-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Threaded tires. Usually a square lug in the morning and a bar tread in the afternoon. What springs are working for you?

Oh ok . Yea outdoor so the temp and track changes more than indoor clay im thinking .

Springs i have the stock ones i been running for a while but i did try out the Green spring on the rear end i liked it seemed to give me more turn in into corners but the treaded tire was just to warn to really tell though .

One issue i had with the stiffer rear spring with the shock mounted on the outside hole is the ride height. Couldn't get it any lower than 21 or more mm without threading the preload almost all the way up or so.

I have a step rate stiffer spring for the Front end i haven't tried out yet but i will.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

That sounds very common on most 2wd. Push on throttle and tons of steering once you let off. Sounds to me that you have a lot of weight transfer going on in your car. What is your shock setup like? Just changing springs doesn't control the speed of the weight transfer (shock oils) I think your shock oils are too light.

First thing. What version you have V1 or V2? If V1 - then V1 aluminum short chassis,. Aftermarket + chassis, or the Dimec +8 chassis?

Can you give us more info on your track. Maybe a picture or a youtube video. Then we can help you out more. Have you tried the new v2 Kit setup? Not the v1 setup in the kit.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Dino_D
That sounds very common on most 2wd. Push on throttle and tons of steering once you let off. Sounds to me that you have a lot of weight transfer going on in your car. What is your shock setup like? Just changing springs doesn't control the speed of the weight transfer (shock oils) I think your shock oils are too light.

First thing. What version you have V1 or V2? If V1 - then V1 aluminum short chassis,. Aftermarket + chassis, or the Dimec +8 chassis?

Can you give us more info on your track. Maybe a picture or a youtube video. Then we can help you out more. Have you tried the new v2 Kit setup? Not the v1 setup in the kit.

Yea i notice the samething with push on throttle out of the corners on my V2 . But once i let off before the turn oh boy it has steering with the 4 gear mid motor ! Actually though with the one rate stiffer springs on the rear end i dint really get push on the throttle out of the turns. But i couldn't get the ride height to 20mm without treading the shock coller up a lot thinking it was mostly because of the shock position i had on the rear arms .
Old 12-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Yea i notice the samething with push on throttle out of the corners on my V2 . But once i let off before the turn oh boy it has steering with the 4 gear mid motor ! Actually though with the one rate stiffer springs on the rear end i dint really get push on the throttle out of the turns. But i couldn't get the ride height to 20mm without treading the shock coller up a lot thinking it was mostly because of the shock position i had on the rear arms .
That is strange that you can't achieve lower than 20mm with the collars all the way up. Are you using the TD springs? I normally hover in the 20-22mm range on my 210. As for the push, if you reduce front droop, you get more on power steering. If you reduce rear droop then you get less weight transfer off throttle as you enter the turn and it won't be too much steering. Which goes back to me thinking that your oils are too soft as well. Excessive weight transfer due to light shock oils. Light oils make the car a handful on and off throttle.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Dino_D
That is strange that you can't achieve lower than 20mm with the collars all the way up. Are you using the TD springs? I normally hover in the 20-22mm range on my 210. As for the push, if you reduce front droop, you get more on power steering. If you reduce rear droop then you get less weight transfer off throttle as you enter the turn and it won't be too much steering. Which goes back to me thinking that your oils are too soft as well. Excessive weight transfer due to light shock oils. Light oils make the car a handful on and off throttle.

There TD springs thinking about it i could of treaded it all the way up and got 20mm i was in a hurry though my race was coming up . The push i was talking when i tried a Slick on the Rear and a Ion in the Front (Clay) . With Slicks all around there was hardly any push inless i over drove , last weekend the track was tacky and stayed moist all day.

Im using 32w (F) and 30w (R) with the stock springs and tried the stiffer spring with the 30w oil in the rear shocks i like the stiffer spring a little more haven't tried the stiffer spring on the Front yet. I do have my ESC in the back of the Shorty pack 2nd time driving with it i like it you can drive it a little harder with more rotation .

My droop i haven't done the measurement but the Front and Rear the screws are just touching a little on the chassis not full.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.