Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 10:21 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pittsdriver
Thanks Sean. I agree that the car is durable. I just get nervous now as I sold my 4.2, my track has nothing and nothing is available online. I saw 2 guys last night that had to park their Losi 22 2.0s because they are going through the same thing. Is there a date range on when we can expect parts to be back in stock on your site, or Amain?
As I said before we are getting parts in all the time. Pretty sure we have been receiving shipments almost every week. Most part shipments come by air not sea, by the way.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xTotalghost
will the lunsford turnbuckles from the b4.2 work on the b5m?
I believe they are the same but everywhere was sold out so I went through Lunsford website and they have a set labeled b5. I saw a lot of ppl saying ball cups where hard to thread I just did mine with Lunsford and went on easy but I use Chapstick on threads also.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pellefa
For a neater wiring job, did anyone consider to route the motor wires under the battery where the sensor wire should go…? Obviously some modding required incl the chassis, and possibly limited to 14G wire… any purists out there?
Anyone..? Or is it the onroad genes in me thinking crazy stuff like this
Old 03-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

More wire = more weight
Old 03-06-2014, 11:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GraphiteChassis
Nope, if you get them anywhere close to the ball cups the ball cups will blow up.

Yes. They work.
Worth the risk!
Old 03-06-2014, 11:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mxer59
I believe they are the same but everywhere was sold out so I went through Lunsford website and they have a set labeled b5. I saw a lot of ppl saying ball cups where hard to thread I just did mine with Lunsford and went on easy but I use Chapstick on threads also.
Ill use some Vaseline or something
Old 03-06-2014, 11:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Got my kit built, painting the body and gluing tires now.

A few notes from my build:
Ballcups are a flipping nightmare, SO tight on the turnbuckles.
Is it just my kit, or is the body pathetically flimsy?
I was missing one of the 3 hole hub inserts, I got 1 3 hole, and 3 2 holes. Not major, but annoying.
My gearcover has a big melted hole in it, looks like a soldering iron touched it, but more likely wasn't molded properly.

All in all an OK build, hopefully they'll get the problems worked out. Going to email about the messed up parts tomorrow.

Also, I noticed some typos in the manual, usually parts being labled with the wrong color.

Can't wait to hit the track!
Old 03-06-2014, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntJeff
Got my kit built, painting the body and gluing tires now.

A few notes from my build:
Ballcups are a flipping nightmare, SO tight on the turnbuckles.
Is it just my kit, or is the body pathetically flimsy?
I was missing one of the 3 hole hub inserts, I got 1 3 hole, and 3 2 holes. Not major, but annoying.
My gearcover has a big melted hole in it, looks like a soldering iron touched it, but more likely wasn't molded properly.

All in all an OK build, hopefully they'll get the problems worked out. Going to email about the messed up parts tomorrow.

Also, I noticed some typos in the manual, usually parts being labled with the wrong color.

Can't wait to hit the track!
Didn't notice anything being the wrong color in the manual.
Sucks about the bad parts and inserts as you really need the 3 hole ones. The 2 hole ones will work, just pick the hole that is slightly longer than the 3 hole middle. Sigh.
Yes, the ball cups are horribly tight. Reaming the ends a bit and grease is your friend. I drilled mine out, but others didn't fare so well with that.
My body was crazy thin as well. It's nice, light weight, but won't hold up to weeks of club racing in some circles. Also, makes cutting masking a pita. I run a C4.2 finnisher body trimmed at the rear.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Call me crazy but I pick up my B5 kit this morning and hope to be driving it Saturday afternoon! Gonna try it out in Mod buggy with a very tame motor. But my LHS does have a VERY light supply of spare parts. The buggies are tough and I have no worries going out there... Thanks AE for getting the kits out there!

Last edited by thecman26; 03-07-2014 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xTotalghost
Worth the risk!
Old 03-07-2014, 12:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

If it would be a possibility, I'd do it! Would make things a lot cleaner and easier to swap batteries!

I will give it a try when I get mine at the end of the month when my track gets the rest of their order in.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Razathorn
Didn't notice anything being the wrong color in the manual.
Sucks about the bad parts and inserts as you really need the 3 hole ones. The 2 hole ones will work, just pick the hole that is slightly longer than the 3 hole middle. Sigh.
Yes, the ball cups are horribly tight. Reaming the ends a bit and grease is your friend. I drilled mine out, but others didn't fare so well with that.
My body was crazy thin as well. It's nice, light weight, but won't hold up to weeks of club racing in some circles. Also, makes cutting masking a pita. I run a C4.2 finnisher body trimmed at the rear.
The manual would say "blue locknut", and it'd be black. "Gold washer", it'd be silver. Nothing serious.

I ended up cutting about 4mm off the end of each turnbuckle, makes them much easier to adjust. We'll see if it affects durability at all.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Anyone running an 8.5t with stock timing? I am looking for a starting point for pinion gear selection. I am going to be using a 78 spur on a small track. I just ordered the B5 after talking myself out of the Serpent, I hope I made a good choice.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:29 AM
Tech Regular

New Jconcepts silencer body. Redrc.net
Proline looks better, but jconcepts looks to have better airflow.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JiuHaWong
Not good enough! Shorten them immediately! j/k

Great pictures though! Mind if I ask what camera?
Nikon D7100

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.